Habitat pet of choice

Started by Payman, December 22, 2009, 08:30:46 PM

What habitat/pet do you have/would like to have?

Parrot and cage
0 (0%)
Other bird and cage
0 (0%)
Salt water aquarium
6 (46.2%)
Fresh water aquarium
0 (0%)
Lizard and terrarium
2 (15.4%)
Tarantula and terrarium
0 (0%)
Rodent and cage/terrarium
3 (23.1%)
Snake and terrarium
0 (0%)
Turtle and aquarium
0 (0%)
Exterior fisn pond
2 (15.4%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Payman

I had 2 bearded dragons and a terrarium, and they were pretty cool. But I'm thinking backyard pond stocked with trout when I build my house.

Payman

Ack, I forgot "other" option. If you have or want something not listed, tell us about it.

Onslaught

I'd love to have a large salt water aquarium. But they cost too much and you have to work on them all the time.
Exterior fish ponds are cool too. But I've got a blue heron in my real pond that would just love for me to put one in.

Vinsanity

I voted for bunneh...er, "rodent"

Submariner

Quote from: Onslaught on December 22, 2009, 08:42:18 PM
Exterior fish ponds are cool too. But I've got a blue heron in my real pond that would just love for me to put one in.

http://www.carspin.net/forums/index.php?topic=20749.0

;)
2010 G-550  //  2019 GLS-550

Submariner

Oh, and I'd go with a Guinea Pig.
2010 G-550  //  2019 GLS-550

Minpin

Birds are such a pain in the ass. I had a parakeet for about 10 years, and that thing required more upkeep than a dog!

Anyways, I would definitely get a indoor aquarium if I could. But, it would have to be really really nice and well stocked. Not one of those shitty things with like a goldfish or two. I have always loved aquariums that the owner has invested the time and money to make it something really special though.
?Do you expect me to talk?"
"No, Mr Bond. I expect you to die!?

Rupert

I'd love an aquarium of either kind, but it's not gonna happen. I would also be down with another degu or a chinchilla.
Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.
PRO TENACIA NULLA VIA EST INVIA

Rupert

Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.
PRO TENACIA NULLA VIA EST INVIA

Raza

Fish and birds aren't really pets.  Have you ever pet a fish?
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Byteme

You need multiple choices.

We have a 75 gallon salt water set up.  It's a partial reef aquarium, loaded with various soft and hard corals, crabs, snails and fish.

We have a large cage in which we have two gouldian finches imprisoned.  

My son keeps a ball python in a terrarium in his room.

The back yard is guarded by American Eskimos.

just kidding, actually it's

Byteme

Quote from: Raza  link=topic=20831.msg1229352#msg1229352 date=1261581382

As a matter of fact yes.  Before we went to a reef aquarium I had a few triggerfish including a Picasso.  They can see you coming to feed them and come to the surface and you could pet their backs.  When they get a bit bigger they tend to go for the fingers though.  Triggers are aggressive.

They know g

Raza

That looks like the Neimoidians from Star Wars. 
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Onslaught

Quote from: Raza  link=topic=20831.msg1229352#msg1229352 date=1261581382
Yes. I pet my monkey a lot too.

Laconian

I have a lizard + terrarium. I went all out with the latest terrarium, with four different species of plants and a waterfall w/ultrasonic fogger. I enjoy looking at her enclosure at least as much as she likes to live in it.
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

GoCougs

Jet lag too?

I'm not recovering very well this time.

redbloodedamerican

I have a 30 gallon saltwater aquarium. Believe it or not, it's not that hard to take care of if you stick to a water change schedule. I'll post pics when my girlfriend comes back with the camera tomorrow.