So you're going to rob a bank!

Started by 2o6, December 23, 2009, 03:07:06 PM

2o6

You and two of your friends have been unemployed for several months now. Depressed and angry, you formulate a plan to rob a bank and split the proceeds 3 ways. Now, you are choosing a getaway car.

It must be:

- Quick enough to outrun the police

- Maneuverable enough to dart in and out of traffic and pedestrians

- Durable and frugal enough to sustain a possible long chase

- Have enough room to carry you and your two accomplices, as well as the money you stole

- And be cheap. Obviously, you're broke if you're robbing a bank, so you guys can't afford anything too expensive......say $5000.

Vinsanity

Onslaught

With police helicopters it won't matter what I drive as far as a car went. You probably couldn't get away if they chased you.  I'm also very greedy and wouldn't take my friends. So I'd use a crotch rocket with a backpack for the money.

But if I MUST follow these guide lines then I'd use the best Ford Focus that 5K would buy.

Vinsanity

Quote from: Onslaught on December 23, 2009, 03:16:24 PM
With police helicopters it won't matter what I drive as far as a car went. You probably couldn't get away if they chased you.

NAWS + L.A. River = clean getaway :lol:

SVT_Power

With police helicopters it won't matter what I drive as far as a car went. You probably couldn't get away if they chased you.  I'm also very greedy and wouldn't take my friends. So I'd use a crotch rocket with a backpack for the money.

But if I MUST follow these guide lines then I'd use the best Ford Focus that 5K would buy.

I'm gonna have to agree with the helicopter point here. You can get away from helicopters for running from cops for speeding but you can't just leave the money there...
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

SVT_Power

But then again, I'd probably somehow scrape enough money for a javelin or something to take out the helicopter since it's pretty much a given they'll bust out a helicopter on your ass if you lead a chase after robbing a bank.
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

2o6

With police helicopters it won't matter what I drive as far as a car went. You probably couldn't get away if they chased you.  I'm also very greedy and wouldn't take my friends. So I'd use a crotch rocket with a backpack for the money.

Well, in an ideal place there are no helicopters. Let's pretend they don't exist.

I thought about using a Focus, too, but it seems like it'd be too slow.

Eye of the Tiger

2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

ifcar

A bank robbery that succeeds for any reason but luck would cost more than you can expect to net.

2o6

Quote from: ifcar on December 23, 2009, 03:24:49 PM
A bank robbery that succeeds for any reason but luck would cost more than you can expect to net.

Let's pretend that there are no helicopters and money is actually kept in that vault.

ifcar

Quote from: 2o6 on December 23, 2009, 03:25:49 PM

Let's pretend that there are no helicopters and money is actually kept in that vault.

Well hell, then let's pretend I can get an E63 AMG for $5,000. Or just steal one for the robbery.

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: 2o6 on December 23, 2009, 03:25:49 PM

Let's pretend that you're not stupid enough to use a car that you bought in your name for a bank robbery. You steal the car, idiots.

2o6

ifcar

Quote from: NACar on December 23, 2009, 03:31:32 PM
Let's pretend that you're not stupid enough to use a car that you bought in your name for a bank robbery. You steal the car, idiots.

I don't know, that would have dovetailed nicely with not believing in helicopters.

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: 2o6 on December 23, 2009, 03:33:48 PM
Will you guys just play the game!?

I will steal a Camry V6. Ultra fast, ultra ordinary, ultra disposable.

Vinsanity

Quote from: NACar on December 23, 2009, 03:31:32 PM

yeah that's what I was originally thinking. I'd thinking a supercharged AMG G-wagen snatched from the impound lot.

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: ifcar on December 23, 2009, 03:34:25 PM
I don't know, that would have dovetailed nicely with not believing in helicopters.

What year is this? If this is the 1930's, then we should be limited to 1930's cars.

ifcar

Quote from: 2o6 on December 23, 2009, 03:33:48 PM
Will you guys just play the game!?

Okay. I would buy a used 1st-gen Insight. I'd get caught anyway, so I might as well save the planet with my hybrid while getting caught. And it only seats two, so one of my friends wouldn't be able to come and can help me and the other friend break out of prison later.

Happy?

Vinsanity

Quote from: NACar on December 23, 2009, 03:36:20 PM
What year is this? If this is the 1930's, then we should be limited to 1930's cars.

As much as I'd love to walk into a huge bank lobby wearing a fedora, biting down on a cigar and pulling out two tommy guns from underneath my trench coat, the reality was that not many people kept their money in banks in the 1930's since the great Depression caused runs on the banks and all...

FoMoJo

A good used one is less that $5,000 :ohyeah:.

ps. helicopters should be no problem if you plan to rob a bank in a forested region where the foliage would prevent them seeing you.
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."

2o6

Quote from: ifcar on December 23, 2009, 03:38:46 PM
Okay. I would buy a used 1st-gen Insight. I'd get caught anyway, so I might as well save the planet with my hybrid while getting caught. And it only seats two, so one of my friends wouldn't be able to come and can help me and the other friend break out of prison later.

Happy?

Did you see "The Transporter"? Let's pretend things are like that, but you're buying your own car.

Byteme

Quote from: 2o6 on December 23, 2009, 03:07:06 PM
You and two of your friends have been unemployed for several months now. Depressed and angry, you formulate a plan to rob a bank and split the proceeds 3 ways. Now, you are choosing a getaway car.

Base Ford F-150, white or other common color; a work truck.  Dirt common so you blend in with the hundreds of others on the road. 

A five year old silver camry would work too.

ifcar

Quote from: 2o6 on December 23, 2009, 03:45:21 PM

Did you see "The Transporter"? Let's pretend things are like that, but you're buying your own car.

No, I didn't. Did they use Insights too?

SVT666

Onslaught

What Hemi has will work. You've got the room and it can get around in tight places. It's also a Focus so you could blend in better that driving something you never see.

hotrodalex

Quote from: ifcar on December 23, 2009, 03:38:46 PM

Happy?

Maybe the judge will go easy on you since you were saving the planet.

2o6

Maybe?

Or it could be like Ronin.........

280Z Turbo

First gen RX-7 with a street port 13B.

Why? Because I wanna.

Raza

Silver Honda Accord V6, one or two generations old.  They'd never figure out which one is you.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

2o6

Quote from: 280Z Turbo on December 23, 2009, 07:13:47 PM
First gen RX-7 with a street port 13B.

Why? Because I wanna.

Do those have rear seats?