Luxgen?

Started by 2o6, December 27, 2009, 09:53:16 PM

2o6

Kind of a weird make. Parent company Yulon Motor has been building cars for Nissan and other makes for awhile now, and these are their first cars.

It's a Taiwanese manufacturer who currently are producing two models, the MPV, and the soon to go on sale Luxgen 7.

Sources say that the MPV is based upon the Renault Espace.

"2.2L DOHC 16 Valve MEFI Turbo Engine

LUXGEN7 MPV is powered by an advanced and efficient 2.2L DOHC 16Valve turbocharged and intercooled inline 4 cylinder engine. Manufactured with precision and equipped with a responsive Garrett turbocharger, this compact and light weight engine develops 175hp/5200rpm and 28kg -m/2,500-4,000rpm of torque to provide brisk performance with a wide and smooth torque band.

Standard Asin 5-Speed Adaptive Automatic Transmission

LUXGEN7 MPV comes equipped with an AISIN 5-speed adaptive automatic transmission with 10 adaptive shift algorithms including a manual mode for the best performance and driver controllability.

Dynamic Chassis Tuning, European Flavor

The chassis of the LUXGEN7 MPV has been thoroughly engineered by globally renowned partners including a sharp and accurate steering system fine tuned by Delphi , NVH suppression engineering by LMS, Smooth and responsive suspension system developed by Magna and overall chassis test and tuning by both Magma and Prodrive.

Rigid and Spacious Monocoque Unibody Structure

LUXGEN7 MPV's body structure consists of a front and a rear impact absorption crumble zones and a super rigid monocoque unibody structure constructed with 590MPa high tensile steel. A Multi-H structure consists of 4 longitudinally mounted and 5 transversely mounted steel cross beams to ensure upmost body strength and occupant protection and helps LUXGEN7 MPV be awarded with a 4-star rating in MIRA crash tests. Moreover, LUXGEN7 MPV receives 15.8 points (out of maximum 16 points) in side-impact crash rating, an outstanding design and safety engineering achievement. "

The Luxgen SUV seems to use the same 2.2L Turbo and 5-speed AT as the MPV.

the Teuton

2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

Raza

The first one needs to be burned at the stake, but the second one just needs a new face.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

omicron

nickdrinkwater

The second one looks like a Cayenne from that front 1/4 angle.