Chevy Aveo RS!

Started by 2o6, January 07, 2010, 06:13:23 PM

the Teuton

Quote from: giant_mtb on February 08, 2010, 01:18:11 PM
Saw a Fiesta for the first time today.

(good story, right guys?  ...guys?)

ZOMG! Please tell it again! You also live in Michigan, so the pre-pro models are probably oot and aboot over there.
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

giant_mtb

Quote from: the Teuton on February 08, 2010, 01:24:55 PM
ZOMG! Please tell it again! You also live in Michigan, so the pre-pro models are probably oot and aboot over there.

It hasn't been released yet?  O.  Heh.  I was behind it in traffic on my bike earlier.  I thought "oh look! One of those new Fiestas!"  That was about as exciting as it got to see a Fiesta.

(good story, right?!??!)

the Teuton

Quote from: giant_mtb on February 08, 2010, 01:31:55 PM
It hasn't been released yet?  O.  Heh.  I was behind it in traffic on my bike earlier.  I thought "oh look! One of those new Fiestas!"  That was about as exciting as it got to see a Fiesta.

(good story, right?!??!)

As of last Friday, I had not seen one on a Ford dealer's lot. It doesn't go on sale officially until Summer. It might be a Fiesta Movement 2.0 car.
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

giant_mtb

Interesting.  I wish I had been more interested in it since it apparently doesn't really exist on the market yet.

But, I guess that's what they get for making a pretty unexciting car. :huh: (to be expected, as a compact little cute thing or whatever it's supposed to be)

the Teuton

Quote from: giant_mtb on February 08, 2010, 01:36:59 PM
Interesting.  I wish I had been more interested in it since it apparently doesn't really exist on the market yet.

But, I guess that's what they get for making a pretty unexciting car. :huh: (to be expected, as a compact little cute thing or whatever it's supposed to be)

I was stoked when I got to drive the EDM version of it. I wish our car still got the push button starter.

Raza

Quote from: the Teuton on February 08, 2010, 12:25:02 PM
I could easily settle with getting 44 mpg (as recorded by Motor Trend) for a daily driver, but have you seen the weather here lately? If I'm going to be living up north for a while, I'm going to want to have my AWD back pretty soon.

:facepalm:
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

giant_mtb

I could easily settle with getting 44 mpg (as recorded by Motor Trend) for a daily driver, but have you seen the weather here lately? If I'm going to be living up north for a while, I'm going to want to have my AWD back pretty soon.

'Cause "up north" it snows 20+ inches every night, right?!?!  And, like, they don't have snow plows that actually can accommodate snow, and stuff...like they're supposed to. ;)

the Teuton

Quote from: giant_mtb on February 08, 2010, 01:44:40 PM
'Cause "up north" it snows 20+ inches every night, right?!?!  And, like, they don't have snow plows that actually can accommodate snow, and stuff...like they're supposed to. ;)

Pittsburgh's infrastructure is a whore. But it's not like I'm complaining too much about having no classes today.

2o6

You're stupid.

the Teuton

Quote from: 2o6 on February 08, 2010, 01:51:23 PM

You're stupid.

I don't know how to respond to your claim. I demand proof!

Raza

Quote from: the Teuton on February 08, 2010, 01:50:51 PM
Pittsburgh's infrastructure is a whore. But it's not like I'm complaining too much about having no classes today.

Pittsburgh sucks.  AWD won't fix that shithole.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

2o6

Quote from: Raza  link=topic=20968.msg1263989#msg1263989 date=1265663205
Pittsburgh sucks.  AWD won't fix that shithole.

More Grey Poupon, sir?

Jon?

I'd be torn.  I'd have to drive and price them carefully.  This bolds well for both Ford and GM.

Current Rides: 2011 VW Golf TDi, 2008 Pontiac Vibe

CJ

omicron

A bit of context to the thread, if you please. The Fiesta is pretty good for what it is, although it's by no means segment-breaking when judged in the context of its environment - as in, I haven't travelled a car-free, windy road for a good few months, which negates much of the Fiesta's advantages over the Mazda2 or (dare I say it, Yaris). As always, I am drawn towards cars with more usable width, more conventional styling, less trendy interiors and more lazily torquey engines.

SVT666

Quote from: omicron on February 09, 2010, 07:33:59 AM
A bit of context to the thread, if you please. The Fiesta is pretty good for what it is, although it's by no means segment-breaking when judged in the context of its environment - as in, I haven't travelled a car-free, windy road for a good few months, which negates much of the Fiesta's advantages over the Mazda2 or (dare I say it, Yaris). As always, I am drawn towards cars with more usable width, more conventional styling, less trendy interiors and more lazily torquey engines.
windy roads?

S204STi

Quote from: giant_mtb on February 08, 2010, 01:31:55 PM

(good story, right?!??!)

I didn't think you rode your bike in traffic because it was dangerous and you might die and everything?

S204STi

Quote from: Jon? on February 08, 2010, 03:48:14 PM

I'd be torn.  I'd have to drive and price them carefully.  This bolds well for both Ford and GM.

Dude, there is no comparison here. 

Jon?

Quote from: R-inge on February 09, 2010, 11:28:55 AM

Right.  Aveo all the way.

Current Rides: 2011 VW Golf TDi, 2008 Pontiac Vibe

S204STi

lol, that's not what I had in mind.

2o6

Quote from: R-inge on February 09, 2010, 11:28:55 AM

The Fiesta is nice, but the Aveo looks to be a fine competitor.

the Teuton

Here's one thing I'd like to point out: Everyone and their mother who has driven a Fiesta has walked away impressed. I've driven one, and I was smitten. The shifter feels like it came straight out of a BMW. The car is frickin' fantastic -- no conditionals like "for a $15k car..." No, it's really a fantastic car.

No one has driven the Aveo yet, but based on the reports about the Cruze and my findings from the current gen Aveo, there's a chance it might not be that exciting.

2o6

Quote from: the Teuton on February 09, 2010, 01:39:01 PM
Here's one thing I'd like to point out: Everyone and their mother who has driven a Fiesta has walked away impressed. I've driven one, and I was smitten. The shifter feels like it came straight out of a BMW. The car is frickin' fantastic -- no conditionals like "for a $15k car..." No, it's really a fantastic car.

No one has driven the Aveo yet, but based on the reports about the Cruze and my findings from the current gen Aveo, there's a chance it might not be that exciting.

People forget that boring sells.

Reviews from Europe are praising the Cruze for being a smooth, roomy, well-built, soft compact.

Payman

I haven't seen these cars yet, but judging from the pics, to me the Aveo looks slightly better, and the interior looks wayyyy better than the Fiesta's. That being said, the Fiesta probably has a superior chassis and suspension. I'm looking forward to a comprehensive comparison of all the new micros sometime this year.

ifcar

Quote from: Rockraven on February 09, 2010, 05:36:07 PM
I haven't seen these cars yet, but judging from the pics, to me the Aveo looks slightly better, and the interior looks wayyyy better than the Fiesta's. That being said, the Fiesta probably has a superior chassis and suspension. I'm looking forward to a comprehensive comparison of all the new micros sometime this year.

The Aveo won't be out this year unless GM moves astonishingly quickly. It's already February and they haven't shown a production car.

Tave

Quote from: ifcar on February 09, 2010, 06:01:35 PM
The Aveo won't be out this year unless GM moves astonishingly quickly. It's already February and they haven't shown a production car.

I have it on good authority that the Aveo is passed around like a pack of cheap baseball cards at HQ. I'm sure they could come up with something. :lol:
As I write, highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me.

Quote from: thecarnut on March 16, 2008, 10:33:43 AM
Depending on price, that could be a good deal.

Byteme

Quote from: Rockraven on February 09, 2010, 05:36:07 PM

Different tastes I guess.  I think the interior is way to busy and quite ugly.  Looks like something out of a video game.

Payman

I do like the Fiesta interior, but I really like the Aveo RS interior better.

Raza

Edge to Aveo on the interior.  The front end looks better than the Fiesta's, but the rear of the Fiesta looks better. 

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i