2010 Mitsu EVOlander Refresh

Started by WookieOnRitalin, January 09, 2010, 09:19:18 AM

WookieOnRitalin

Ya. It got the nose treatment.  :rockon:

:huh:

:winkguy:

More images: http://www.evoxforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13214

Despite the nose, it's not a bad overall package. Evolution S-AWC is now available instead of 4WD on Outlander models that Autoblog could not stop creaming about. http://www.autoblog.com/2009/11/20/first-drive-2010-mitsubishi-outlander-gt-is-a-cuv-we-can-live-w/

The interior was updated with more soft touch plastics even if they misaligned or flimsy in some locations.

A Outlander GT with V6 and S-AWC will punch about 32k out of your wallet. Ouch. Good news is that Mitsu added a 6-Speed automatic to the V6. I am not sure if this is a new development, but it's surely more pleasant than the performance sapping CVT. However, can someone explain to me why the transmission is not available for the 4-cylinder? As I understand CVTs, they work best with 6 cylinder engines so why did they only put it on the 6? Oh well.

It is still huge on the inside. 72.6 cu ft of cargo room, Mitsu Fuse (their Sync), 710 watt Rocksford Fosgate,  and 40 gig Nav, turn signal headlights, and a bunch of other goodies.

Question is, how much do you trust anything Mitsubishi builds these days to last?

1989 Mazda 929
1993 Jeep Grand Cherokee
2010 Saab 9-3
2012 Suzuki Kizashi
2015 Mazda3

1987 Nissan Maxima GXE
2006 Subaru Baja Turbo

giant_mtb

The styling looks like it's multiple pieces just sort of slammed together.  The front end, while badass, doesn't seem to mesh well with the rest of the front hood/fender styling (look at that body gap!).  After that, the middle section looks rather plain and uninspired, and it looks like they just tacked on some random shitty pillar shit at the back. :confused:

S204STi

Looked better pre-facelift.  If they stick a Ralliart motor in there in place of the six-banger I might be more interested.

CALL_911

Isn't this old news?

Or am I missing something....

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

cawimmer430

Is this an official car from Mitsubishi or did someone just waste a lot of money supping up an Outlander and taking some halfway decent press photos of it?  :confused:
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

Rich

Turn signal headlights 'eh?  Sounds really cool
2003 Mazda Miata 5MT; 2005 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport 4AT

omicron

I think it's marvellous. It's a bit higgeldy-piggeldy, but still rather grumpy and aggressive.