Chrysler Lancia

Started by 2o6, January 11, 2010, 01:49:48 PM

SVT666

People say they want European design, but they don't really.  This won't sell no matter how good it is.

Laconian

Look at the front overhand on this puppy.
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

Colin

I don't like the Chrysler grille on it any more than the rather overstylised Lancia one.

I so wanted this car to be good... but allegedly it is not. It was panned by the press, as a "nearly" car...... need that final polish. Sales have not even met the low expectations that were set for it.

If a European car designed for Europe does not sell well in its target markets, I fear it stands absolutely no chance in the US market.....

Such a shame.

J86

Quote from: Colin on January 12, 2010, 12:59:47 AM
I don't like the Chrysler grille on it any more than the rather overstylised Lancia one.

I so wanted this car to be good... but allegedly it is not. It was panned by the press, as a "nearly" car...... need that final polish. Sales have not even met the low expectations that were set for it.

If a European car designed for Europe does not sell well in its target markets, I fear it stands absolutely no chance in the US market.....

Such a shame.

cmon were so used to the dregs itll break records!

sportyaccordy

Quote from: CJ on January 11, 2010, 07:02:04 PM
They sold as many as they made.
:lol:

Eventually they sell every car....

Lancias aren't particularly great cars though are they? I mean the only cars I know from them are the Integrale and the Thema

Colin

Lancia has a long an illustrious history for very high engineering standards....... look at the Lambda, the Aprilia, the Aurelia, the Fulvia, the Flavia, the Stratos ...... even the Beta, which in the 1970s outsold the 3 series by a huge margin (until the rust scandal broke). Yes, the Integrale is the most recent high-profile car, but this is a perfect example of a once proud marque that has been on the slippery slope for a long time. So very sad.

Raza

I don't like it.  I didn't much like it as a Lancia, either. 
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

TurboDan

Quote from: the Teuton on January 11, 2010, 09:42:16 PM
They will have to survive American roads, road salt, and general douchebaggery associated with American drivers.

I don't know about road salt, but U.S. roads seem wayyy better than Italian roads. And the Italians invented highway douchebaggery.

cawimmer430

Horrible.  :facepalm:

The Lancia Delta is a pretty nice-looking car. But with that Chrysler grille and badges it becomes so characterless and bland. I can't really explain it. Maybe it's because I am used to seeing them with the proper badges.

Shameless rebadges never work well with me I guess.
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

SVT666

Quote from: cawimmer430 on January 14, 2010, 11:36:34 AM
Horrible.  :facepalm:

The Lancia Delta is a pretty nice-looking car. But with that Chrysler grille and badges it becomes so characterless and bland. I can't really explain it. Maybe it's because I am used to seeing them with the proper badges.

Shameless rebadges never work well with me I guess.
It's only a shameless rebadge if the two cars are sold in the same market.  These are not.  This is a car that will be sold in two different markets under different brand names.

cawimmer430

Quote from: HEMI666 on January 14, 2010, 11:43:44 AM
It's only a shameless rebadge if the two cars are sold in the same market.  These are not.  This is a car that will be sold in two different markets under different brand names.

I didn't read the article but the US is getting this car as a Chrysler and a Fiat, right?

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de

nickdrinkwater

Quote from: cawimmer430 on January 14, 2010, 11:36:34 AM
The Lancia Delta is a pretty nice-looking car. But with that Chrysler grille and badges it becomes so characterless and bland.

WTF.  How can a badge make a car characterless and bland?

Badge snobbery FTL  :facepalm:

SVT666

Quote from: cawimmer430 on January 14, 2010, 11:51:39 AM
I didn't read the article but the US is getting this car as a Chrysler and a Fiat, right?
It's a Lancia, not a Fiat.  And no, the only Fiat badged car will be the 500 and the rest of the Fiat and Lancia lines (that are coming) will be coming here as Chryslers.

cawimmer430

Quote from: nickdrinkwater on January 14, 2010, 12:06:11 PM
WTF.  How can a badge make a car characterless and bland?

Badge snobbery FTL  :facepalm:

I said the Chrysler grille looks out of place on this LANCIA. I am used to seeing this car as a LANCIA and the Chrysler grille and badges seem out of place. The Chrysler grille doesn't suite the car at all. And maybe that's because I know this car as a Lancia and not a Chrysler.

:rolleyes:

www.wimmerfotografie.de

cawimmer430

Quote from: HEMI666 on January 14, 2010, 12:31:38 PM
It's a Lancia, not a Fiat.  And no, the only Fiat badged car will be the 500 and the rest of the Fiat and Lancia lines (that are coming) will be coming here as Chryslers.

I know it's a Lancia, but you just told me what I needed to know for the most part. It will be sold in the USA as Chrysler for one - and as a Fiat too?

www.wimmerfotografie.de

SVT666

Quote from: cawimmer430 on January 14, 2010, 02:09:40 PM
I know it's a Lancia, but you just told me what I needed to know for the most part. It will be sold in the USA as Chrysler for one - and as a Fiat too?
The only Fiat badged car in the North American market will be the 500.

cawimmer430

Quote from: HEMI666 on January 14, 2010, 02:12:40 PM
The only Fiat badged car in the North American market will be the 500.

Hopefully with a V8 to please Car and....eh, BMW and Driver:praise:

Just kidding. Will the US get the Abarth (performance) version of the Fiat 500?

www.wimmerfotografie.de

SVT666

Quote from: cawimmer430 on January 14, 2010, 02:25:12 PM
Hopefully with a V8 to please Car and....eh, BMW and Driver:praise:

Just kidding. Will the US get the Abarth (performance) version of the Fiat 500?
The Abarth is the first version of the 500 to be released in North America.  The base model will follow.  No word on the Abarth SS though.

Atomic

i like it. the chrysler grille suits it perfectly. if priced right, it should sell well.