Volkswagen Passat R36 Stretch

Started by CWW, August 23, 2005, 05:57:29 PM

BMWDave

Very nice! B)

Thats one classy limo.

2007 Honda S2000
OEM Hardtop, Rick's Ti Shift Knob, 17" Volk LE37ts coming soon...

CaseyNPham

Now if Volkswagen made their Passat like that but in a regular sedan form, It would've looked so much nicer. It looks much curvier than the regular one, which I like.
Quoteand then caseyNpham got a 17 incher up his 'umbrella stand' and then he screamed like a little

Raghavan

looks racy and luxurious at the same time. B)
good job. :praise:

Tom

:lol:   Nice work.

Can you say sloooooooow??

Secret Chimp

Quote:lol:   Nice work.

Faster than the usual gigantic Town Cars, I'll bet =P

Quote from: BENZ BOY15 on January 02, 2014, 02:40:13 PM
That's a great local brewery that we have. Do I drink their beer? No.

Tom

Quote:lol:   Nice work.

Faster than the usual gigantic Town Cars, I'll bet =P
I doubt it.

TBR

I don't. 230hp isn't much for a 6000-7000 lb car.

ifcar

I don't. Town Cars are very heavy and don't have a huge amount of power. 0-60s in the mid-8s. The 3.6-liter standard Passat does 0-60 in the 6s IIRC. It would still be quicker.  

TBR

6.6 is the official time, more likely it will be about 6.4.

SVT_Power

"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Tom

Quote6.6 is the official time, more likely it will be about 6.4.
With a manual most likely.  What would the time be with an auto?  Well into the 7's probably.

TBR

Nope, the 3.6l is auto only (and the 2.0t is if you want any options . rokon.gif).  

Raza

QuoteI don't. Town Cars are very heavy and don't have a huge amount of power. 0-60s in the mid-8s. The 3.6-liter standard Passat does 0-60 in the 6s IIRC. It would still be quicker.
From what I saw on the latest Town Car, it does 0-60 in roughly 10 seconds or more.  Less than 11 though.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Tom

QuoteI don't. Town Cars are very heavy and don't have a huge amount of power. 0-60s in the mid-8s. The 3.6-liter standard Passat does 0-60 in the 6s IIRC. It would still be quicker.
The weight change from a regualar TC to a limo TC will be smaller than from a regular Passat to a limo Passat.

ifcar

Why would that be?

And even a standard Town Car probably couldn't beat an extended-length Passat.  

Raza

QuoteWhy would that be?

A standard Town Car couldn't beat Raghavan on his bicycle.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Raghavan

QuoteWhy would that be?

:praise:  :rockon:  

giant_mtb

QuoteWhy would that be?

Which means I'd be about a mile ahead where the limo is only about 100 feet down the track.  :praise:  

Raghavan

QuoteWhy would that be?

Which means I'd be about a mile ahead where the limo is only about 100 feet down the track.  :praise:
I'd be about 10feet ahead of the TC, and you'd be about a mile infront of both of us. <_<  

giant_mtb

QuoteWhy would that be?

I'd be about 10feet ahead of the TC, and you'd be about a mile infront of both of us. <_<
:lol:  

Raghavan

QuoteWhy would that be?

Unless i use my hardtails super fast accelerating power and 0wn you. :lol:  

giant_mtb

QuoteWhy would that be?

I dunno...I'll have to whip out my super fast cross-country racing skills and my bike's superior speed-oriented geometry over your bike's laid back, low-seat, dirt jumper geo.  ;)  

Raghavan

QuoteWhy would that be?

I dunno...I'll have to whip out my super fast cross-country racing skills and my bike's superior speed-oriented geometry over your bike's laid back, low-seat, dirt jumper geo.  ;)
But your rear suspension will absorb lots of energy, making you go slower, while my hardtail directly transfers all my energy to the back wheel.

giant_mtb

QuoteWhy would that be?

But your rear suspension will absorb lots of energy, making you go slower, while my hardtail directly transfers all my energy to the back wheel.
But while my rear suspension is finely tuned and I have the skills to make my suspension bob never, I still think I'd win.  ;)  And plus, to get the full power of your legs, you'd have to stand up, which actually tires you out faster.  While with my XC seat height and geometry I can get full extension of my legs efficiently with zero pedal bob.  ;)  

Raghavan

QuoteWhy would that be?

But while my rear suspension is finely tuned and I have the skills to make my suspension bob never, I still think I'd win.  ;)  And plus, to get the full power of your legs, you'd have to stand up, which actually tires you out faster.  While with my XC seat height and geometry I can get full extension of my legs efficiently with zero pedal bob.  ;)
Actually, i can get full leg extension. It's called raising the seat. but now, i've got it set at the lowest. :praise:  

giant_mtb

Raghavan

QuoteI'd still win.  ;)
Well, you suck. :lol:  

giant_mtb

Whoops...double

Raghavan

QuoteWhoops...double
? :blink: