0 (0%)
I will not park in a handicap spot but will use the handicap toilet
43 (91.5%)
I will not park in a handicap spot or use the handicap toilet
3 (6.4%)

Total Members Voted: 42

Rupert

Quote from: NACar on January 20, 2010, 03:19:52 PM
I've been in women's restrooms and seen shit you wouldn't believe. They got fucking couches in those shits so they can lounge around, do their nails, and yap about who knows what. No men's room ever has a damn couch, and nobody would use it, but dammit it's not fair.

At least one of the women's restrooms in the Geology Dept building at my Alma mater has a bed. People use it.
Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.
PRO TENACIA NULLA VIA EST INVIA

Tave

I used to have a phobia of public toilettes..................in junior high school. I thought people outgrew that nonsense when they became an adult?
As I write, highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me.

Quote from: thecarnut on March 16, 2008, 10:33:43 AM
Depending on price, that could be a good deal.

J86

Try shitting off the back of a 21 foot boat that's pitching in 8 foot seas... :lol:

Minpin

I can just imagine raza sitting in his office chair with a turtle poking out of his ass all day cause he's not properly potty trained. Ahh, the image is hilarious, by the way.  :lol:
?Do you expect me to talk?"
"No, Mr Bond. I expect you to die!?

Minpin

Quote from: J86 on January 20, 2010, 08:58:14 PM
Try shitting off the back of a 21 foot boat that's pitching in 8 foot seas... :lol:

I shit in our 19' crownline way back in the day.  :lol:

Took the cushion out in the bow, threw a grocery back down in the cubby, sat down and let er rip.  :lol:

God, that must have been 12 years ago or so.  :lol:

280Z Turbo

Quote from: Minpin on January 20, 2010, 09:09:20 PM
I can just imagine raza sitting in his office chair with a turtle poking out of his ass all day cause he's not properly potty trained. Ahh, the image is hilarious, by the way.  :lol:

Raza = Noted germaphob Howie Mandel?

Lebowski

Raza, you seriously never have to shit at work?

Minpin

Quote from: 280Z Turbo on January 20, 2010, 09:11:55 PM

Woulda gone with Howard Hughes myself.

the Teuton

Quote from: 280Z Turbo on January 20, 2010, 07:52:51 PM
Hyundai makes nice cars now, fuckface. :lockedup:

Who are you to talk? Your car is made of polyurethane.

Oh no you didn't...
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

Rupert

Quote from: Tave on January 20, 2010, 08:57:28 PM
I used to have a phobia of public toilettes..................in junior high school. I thought people outgrew that nonsense when they became an adult?

They do.
Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.

Payman

Quote from: J86 on January 20, 2010, 08:58:14 PM

My grandfather did that... and shit in the hood of his floater suit.

SVT666

Quote from: Minpin on January 20, 2010, 09:10:17 PM
I shit in our 19' crownline way back in the day.  :lol:

Took the cushion out in the bow, threw a grocery back down in the cubby, sat down and let er rip.  :lol:

God, that must have been 12 years ago or so.  :lol:
And it's still there. :lol:

GoCougs

I violate with impunity carpool lane pretty much every single day (that is, as a lone occupant).

Where does that place my moral compass?

Rupert

You sure are proud of your douchiness, aren't you?

GoCougs

Quote from: Psilos on January 21, 2010, 12:30:42 AM
You sure are proud of your douchiness, aren't you?

Hey, at least i don't fuel an illicit activity that is rife with human trafficking, torture and murder. Fair trade, huh?

Rupert

LOL

Neither do I, so I guess not.

omicron

Quote from: NACar on January 20, 2010, 03:19:52 PM
I've been in women's restrooms and seen shit you wouldn't believe. They got fucking couches in those shits so they can lounge around, do their nails, and yap about who knows what. No men's room ever has a damn couch, and nobody would use it, but dammit it's not fair.

There's a men's room in town that has a full-length mirror, chandelier and velvet couch. It's, er, rather comfortable.

Raza

Quote from: Psilos on January 20, 2010, 08:55:26 PM
That's... not normal. And bad for you.

At most universities, in order to get a degree in geology, you have to go on a 3-6 week field course, with varying degrees of ruggedness. The field course at my college spent two weeks at a camp site that didn't have any toilets, so we dug a ditch an shat in that. One year, one of the people really didn't want to use the ditch, so she didn't. After a couple of days, she was pretty uncomfortable, but she didn't waver. After a week and a half, she went to the hospital.

So, Raza, either learn to shit in the woods, or die.

:lol:

This is precisely why I avoided a geology degree.  I originally majored in it, but when I found out about that, I switched to a related field.  Finance.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Raza

Quote from: Lebowski on January 20, 2010, 09:12:37 PM
Raza, you seriously never have to shit at work?

Seriously.  I may pee five times, but I've never had to poop.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Raza

Quote from: 280Z Turbo on January 20, 2010, 09:11:55 PM

I'll admit, I am slightly germaphobic.  I wash my hands several times a day (every time I come in from outside or go to the bathroom), keep hand sanitizer, et al; I don't like getting sick so I try to avoid it. 

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

Raza

Quote from: Minpin on January 20, 2010, 09:13:42 PM
Woulda gone with Howard Hughes myself.

I like that comparison better.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

FoMoJo

Quote from: Payman on January 20, 2010, 06:29:49 PM
Anyone here notice that more parking spaces are being alloted for other types of people... "for pregnant patrons only", or "for parents with children"? I was at the mall last week to pick up my daughter and her friend who went to the movie. The parking lot was full, but there was a "for parents with children" space right out front. I took it (with my 18 foot long Dakota 4x4) and started walking in, when this french bitch cut me off and rolled down her window: "Hexcuse me sir, but you don't ave hany children, you can't take dat spot!" I calmly explained to her that I was picking up my kids. "I don't think so, I ave a small baby ere and you can't take dat spot". I explained more than I needed to. If she was more pleasant, I might have moved for her, but she pissed me off. I continued into the mall, making a mental note of her license plate. Just in case she decided to fuck with my truck.
I have a real problem with the parking spots for pregnant women and parents with children.  I really don't see the necessity.  While some pregnant women try to keep fit and healthy, as well as concerned for the health of their developing child, most imo are huge bloated behemoths who take advantage of their situation as an excuse to shove as much into their piehole as will fit..."Oh, I'm eating for two you know".  No, they're eating for for 2 families.  The more walking they do, the better off they will be as well as their child.  No wonder some women spend 2 days in delivery.  They're trying to squirt out a butterball baby through a slot that's surrounded by walls of blubber so thick that it can only be located with the assistance of special equipment.  As for parents with children, so what.  Better to have them burn off some of their suger rush in the parking lot than knocking over stuff in the supermarket.

However, I have a special regard for handicapped parking spots.  It is a courtesy that we extend to those who are disadvantaged to the point that any privilege that we extend to them is appreciated.  I'm not talking about fat bastards or old farts with creaky joints.  I'm talking about those who have lost the use of their limbs and can only function with the assistance of technology and the consideration of others.  It annoys me to no end to see a vehicle swoop into a handicapped spot and then see a pair of barely recognizable humans, with rolls of fat hanging down to their ankle, emerge and waddle over to the scooter stall and plop into the seat; looking as if I should feel sympathy towards them.  I don't.  It would've been far better if they walked to the store when they could then they wouldn't be such a burden on society.
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."

JWC

Handicapped toilets, yes.  No parking spaces though.

I figure anyone that needs to use the handicapped toilet is already wearing diapers anyway.

SVT666

Quote from: FoMoJo on January 21, 2010, 07:29:36 AM
I have a real problem with the parking spots for pregnant women and parents with children.  I really don't see the necessity.  While some pregnant women try to keep fit and healthy, as well as concerned for the health of their developing child, most imo are huge bloated behemoths who take advantage of their situation as an excuse to shove as much into their piehole as will fit..."Oh, I'm eating for two you know".  No, they're eating for for 2 families.  The more walking they do, the better off they will be as well as their child.  No wonder some women spend 2 days in delivery.  They're trying to squirt out a butterball baby through a slot that's surrounded by walls of blubber so thick that it can only be located with the assistance of special equipment.  As for parents with children, so what.  Better to have them burn off some of their suger rush in the parking lot than knocking over stuff in the supermarket.
You have suddenly changed my opinion of you.  When my wife was 8 and 9 months pregnant, her belly was huge and she had a hard time being on her feet for a long time.  With our daughter she ate all the goddamn time, but with our son she ate more then normal, but nothing drastic.  Our daughter was 8 lbs 2 oz and my son was 9 lbs 9 oz, but neither were "butterballs".  A friend of ours looked like all she had was a basketball tacked on the front of her tiny body and she delivered a 10 lbs 3 oz baby.  You obviously have no idea what the hell you're talking about.  Pregnancy is different for every woman.  In fact pregnancies for the same woman can be very different from one to the other.  As far as I remember, you're married and you have kids, so I'm very shocked at what you just stated.  Yes there are really fat women who are pregnant, but you're generalization was...well...disgusting.

the Teuton

Preggers are going to be walking into the store no matter what. The amount of time will be no less, no more than normal.

A handicap spot was designed to let cumbersome loads like wheelchairs be able to get out of vehicles safely and without too much struggle. The "cumbersome load" hanging out within a woman is no more burdensome than having a beer gut. If a woman is so pregnant that she cannot walk, she probably shouldn't be going shopping anyway.
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

SVT666

Quote from: the Teuton on January 21, 2010, 10:43:32 AM
Preggers are going to be walking into the store no matter what. The amount of time will be no less, no more than normal.

A handicap spot was designed to let cumbersome loads like wheelchairs be able to get out of vehicles safely and without too much struggle. The "cumbersome load" hanging out within a woman is no more burdensome than having a beer gut. If a woman is so pregnant that she cannot walk, she probably shouldn't be going shopping anyway.
You don't know shit.  You actually think being pregnant is the same as having a beer gut?  You're fucking st.....never mind, sometimes I forget how young and immature the posters on this site can be.

the Teuton

Quote from: HEMI666 on January 21, 2010, 10:46:07 AM
You don't know shit.  You actually think being pregnant is the same as having a beer gut?  You're fucking st.....never mind, sometimes I forget how young and immature the posters on this site can be.

The woman is going to be walking around all over, say, the mall anyway, right? What's the point letting her not have to walk another 20 feet?

Handicap people need the extra wide spaces in front -- preggers don't. Like I said, if walking is such a struggle at that stage of the game, perhaps they should be somewhere where they don't have to walk.

SVT666

Quote from: the Teuton on January 21, 2010, 10:48:28 AM
The woman is going to be walking around all over, say, the mall anyway, right? What's the point letting her not have to walk another 20 feet?

Handicap people need the extra wide spaces in front -- preggers don't. Like I said, if walking is such a struggle at that stage of the game, perhaps they should be somewhere where they don't have to walk.
You just wait until you're married one day Teuts.  You will one day have an actual understanding of what the hell you're talking about.

GoCougs

Nah, FoMoJo has it correct. Dedicated spots for preggers and/or families with children is inane. Why? Women choose to be pregnant knowing full well the issues that come with it.

If a private entity wants to have such ridiculous dedicated parking spots go right ahead of course. Still makes it stupid IMO. Also of note Implying the state should do such a thing is immoral (as it is with handicapped spots, BTW).

the Teuton

Quote from: HEMI666 on January 21, 2010, 11:05:00 AM
You just wait until you're married one day Teuts.  You will one day have an actual understanding of what the hell you're talking about.

Call me a little emotionally insensitive. Call me someone who grew up without retarded child seats, or without so much as an airbag in my mom's minivan. My parents didn't have the wherewithal with these parking spots designed for ninnies. We didn't have all this bureaucratic, politically correct bullshit.

The only people who should get help are the people who need it. Handicapped people deserve spaces to accommodate their needs (but I'm not even sure those need to be up front as they are). Please explain to me how a pregnant woman needs a spot up front. Are you trying to tell me she's disabled? Are you trying to tell me that pregnancy is a disability, along the same lines as not having the ability to use your own legs?