Mitsu Eclipse or Honda Accord Coupe

Started by BMWDave, May 12, 2005, 05:50:55 PM

BMWDave

Which one?  This would be V6 models pitched against each other.  Take into account everything.

For me, I would probably take the Accord because it is nice on the inside, probably more reliable, and looks better IMO.

EDIT:

It says of instead of or.  Could the mods fix that?  I always screw up the topics! :(  

2007 Honda S2000
OEM Hardtop, Rick's Ti Shift Knob, 17" Volk LE37ts coming soon...

mazda6er

Way to jump on a posting opportunity. You're posting so fast you've got a typo in your heading! Anyway, I'd probably take the Accord coupe as well. It is significantly more practical, offers comporable acceleration, and handles just as well with less torque steer. I also love the Accord interior.  
--Mark
Quote from: R-inge on March 26, 2007, 06:26:46 PMMy dad used to rent Samurai.  He loves them good.

Co-President of the I Fought the Tree and the Tree Won Club | Official Spokesman of the"I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club
I had myself fooled into needing you, did I fool you too? -- Barenaked Ladies | Say it ain't so...your drug is a heart breaker -- Weezer

Fire It Up

I beat you Dave! :lol:
Uh, ok. Back to the point. Lets see...the Accord looks WAY better and the Mitsu would be praised for its torquey engine, especially in contrast with the rather un-torquey J30. Not that its slow, the Accord may actually beat the Eclipse in the 1/4 mile. As for handling, no one can say for sure yet. But if it was the FP'd Accord, I'd say that'd probably handle better.  

Founder of CarSPIN Turbo Club

FlatBlackCaddy

It's a toss up for me, but i'd say the mitsu.

The honda is just way too vanilla for me, and i've always leaned more toword the sporty/Niche type japanese brands.

BMWDave

QuoteWay to jump on a posting opportunity. You're posting so fast you've got a typo in your heading! Anyway, I'd probably take the Accord coupe as well. It is significantly more practical, offers comporable acceleration, and handles just as well with less torque steer. I also love the Accord interior.
I usually type really fast so I make mistakes.  And I'm just trying to do my part for the forum by posting.

2007 Honda S2000

BMWDave

QuoteI beat you Dave! :lol:
Uh, ok. Back to the point. Lets see...the Accord looks WAY better and the Mitsu would be praised for its torquey engine, especially in contrast with the rather un-torquey J30. Not that its slow, the Accord may actually beat the Eclipse in the 1/4 mile. As for handling, no one can say for sure yet. But if it was the FP'd Accord, I'd say that'd probably handle better.
Youre right....this was your idea.  I got it from the other thread.

2007 Honda S2000

NomisR

I'd probably get the Accord over the Mitsu, I don't want to end up with the same dilemma Daewoo owners had when they got their cars new.  It's always a possibility

mazda6er

QuoteWay to jump on a posting opportunity. You're posting so fast you've got a typo in your heading! Anyway, I'd probably take the Accord coupe as well. It is significantly more practical, offers comporable acceleration, and handles just as well with less torque steer. I also love the Accord interior.
I usually type really fast so I make mistakes.  And I'm just trying to do my part for the forum by posting.
No sweat, I wasn't being serious.  :D  I usually find like 5 mistakes in every post I make, so I hit edit, and then I find another...  
--Mark
Quote from: R-inge on March 26, 2007, 06:26:46 PMMy dad used to rent Samurai.  He loves them good.

Co-President of the I Fought the Tree and the Tree Won Club | Official Spokesman of the"I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club
I had myself fooled into needing you, did I fool you too? -- Barenaked Ladies | Say it ain't so...your drug is a heart breaker -- Weezer

Fire It Up

QuoteIt's a toss up for me, but i'd say the mitsu.

The honda is just way too vanilla for me, and i've always leaned more toword the sporty/Niche type japanese brands.
While the Accord is vanilla, the Eclipse is a burger king whopper; loaded with FAT.  

mazda6er

QuoteI'd probably get the Accord over the Mitsu, I don't want to end up with the same dilemma Daewoo owners had when they got their cars new.  It's always a possibility
Good point. Daewoo owners should be punished in some way though.  ;)  
--Mark

BMWDave

No sweat, I wasn't being serious.  :D  I usually find like 5 mistakes in every post I make, so I hit edit, and then I find another...
I usually do too, but you cant edit titles, so if you make a mistake, only a mod can fix it.

2007 Honda S2000

SJ_GTI

I would probably take the Eclipse. Both seem to have similar performance, but I prefer the looks of the Eclipse.

Fire It Up

QuoteI'd probably get the Accord over the Mitsu, I don't want to end up with the same dilemma Daewoo owners had when they got their cars new.  It's always a possibility
I dont get it...

MX793

The Eclipse has more power and is likely faster.  Looks are a toss up.  I don't love either either.  The Honda's interior seems a bit nicer, but I don't particularly like the Honda's gauge cluster, as it doesn't look terribly sporty or exciting.  The Eclipse also likely handles a little better.  I'd probably go with the Eclipse.
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

ifcar

I'd take the Solara over either. Better interior quality and seat comfort than either, the best rear seat, and a reasonable price, and handles almost as well as the Accord. But between these two, Accord by a landslide. The Galant has a nicer powertrain, but that's where its advantages stop.

MX793

QuoteI'd take the Solara over either. Better interior quality and seat comfort than either, the best rear seat, and a reasonable price, and handles almost as well as the Accord. But between these two, Accord by a landslide. The Galant has a nicer powertrain, but that's where its advantages stop.
The V6 Solara is auto only, though, isn't it?  No thanks, I like to shift for myself.
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

ifcar

QuoteI'd take the Solara over either. Better interior quality and seat comfort than either, the best rear seat, and a reasonable price, and handles almost as well as the Accord. But between these two, Accord by a landslide. The Galant has a nicer powertrain, but that's where its advantages stop.
The V6 Solara is auto only, though, isn't it?  No thanks, I like to shift for myself.
I don't remember being especially impressed with the Accord's manual though.  

mazda6er

QuoteI'd probably get the Accord over the Mitsu, I don't want to end up with the same dilemma Daewoo owners had when they got their cars new.  It's always a possibility
I dont get it...
Daewoo went bye-bye, Mitsu may too.
--Mark

MX793

I don't remember being especially impressed with the Accord's manual though.
Yes, but I don't like driving automatics.  Not particularly sporty, IMO.
Needs more Jiggawatts

NomisR

QuoteI'd probably get the Accord over the Mitsu, I don't want to end up with the same dilemma Daewoo owners had when they got their cars new.? It's always a possibility
I dont get it...
Yup,  Daewoo went bye bye and all their owners are left with new cars with no warranty, no spare parts, and nobody willing to fix them.  That's how ZCarnut ended up with a pretty good condition $500 car  :D  

BMWDave

QuoteI'd probably get the Accord over the Mitsu, I don't want to end up with the same dilemma Daewoo owners had when they got their cars new.? It's always a possibility
I dont get it...
Yup,  Daewoo went bye bye and all their owners are left with new cars with no warranty, no spare parts, and nobody willing to fix them.  That's how ZCarnut ended up with a pretty good condition $500 car  :D
Yea, he got a great deal on that.

2007 Honda S2000