Renault Kangoo Express!

Started by 2o6, February 09, 2010, 05:42:12 PM

2o6

Kinda cool, Renault has it's Kangoo commercial van in three flavors. I wonder how successful something like this would be? The Transit connect is a bit flawed.

It's been specially designed to be wide enough to accommodate a "Euro"-pallete.

SVT666

Payman

Blech. Transit Connect, please.

nickdrinkwater

Presume this is a new model, I've never seen any of them on the road.

Speed_Racer

These were outrageously popular in Argentina. But I don't see them doing too well here in the States. I still haven't seen a Transit Connect out on the roads yet.

cawimmer430

No V8, no sub 6-second 0-60 times and no sub 15-second 1/4 mile times. Keep this underpowered POS in Europe and give me a Ford Econoline with the 6.8 V10 anyday.
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

Laconian

Quote from: cawimmer430 on February 11, 2010, 03:03:11 PM
No V8, no sub 6-second 0-60 times and no sub 15-second 1/4 mile times. Keep this underpowered POS in Europe and give me a Ford Econoline with the 6.8 V10 anyday.
I bet it's faster than an Econoline. :facepalm:
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

Raza

Quote from: Speed_Racer on February 11, 2010, 01:54:32 PM
These were outrageously popular in Argentina. But I don't see them doing too well here in the States. I still haven't seen a Transit Connect out on the roads yet.

Funny, I just saw one today. 

I think it looks great.  If I had a small business that did deliveries and what not, I'd get one. 
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

TBR

Quote from: Laconian on February 11, 2010, 03:28:26 PM
I bet it's faster than an Econoline. :facepalm:

Probably not the V10 one (if they even still make it). Of course the Econoline could tow 3x what these could (though, for things other than towing, American fullsize vans suck).

Colin

Quote from: nickdrinkwater on February 11, 2010, 01:03:03 PM
Presume this is a new model, I've never seen any of them on the road.
The regular sized version was actually launched at Frankfurt 2007, and I think officially went on sale in the UK in June 2009 (no idea why it took so long), but I don't think I've ever seen one on UK roads either.

The smaller one is the Kangoo BeBop and was previewed with a concept car at the 2008 shows before being launched in mid 2009.

The full fat large one is, I think, new right now........... there was an extra long version of the old Kangoo, but the extra length was all behind the rear wheels which made it look rather odd. Loads of them were sold in France, of course. I don't think it ever made it across the Channel.