Carmel Pictures

Started by BMWDave, August 25, 2005, 07:42:20 PM

BMWDave

Quote170 mph in a car with 1970s aerodynamics? That must be scary.
all the wind buffeting would scare the hell outta me.

I am sure the car has tons of downforce, and its not your normal 2002.  its been lowered and modified for racing, so I am sure it could handle those speeds.

2007 Honda S2000
OEM Hardtop, Rick's Ti Shift Knob, 17" Volk LE37ts coming soon...

Raghavan

the rear taillights could be a bit bigger though. :shrug:

BMWDave

Quotethe rear taillights could be a bit bigger though. :shrug:
I like them :)  

2007 Honda S2000

Raghavan

do you know how much a 2002 race car like that would sell for?

BMWDave

A lot....

2007 Honda S2000

Raghavan

A lot....
i can infer that much, you know. :lol:  

TBR

QuoteIt had about 141.45 hp to a litre, or something right around there. :)
i got 143, but lets just say that i'm right. :lol:
I think the hp number is usually 15 percent more than the bhp number, and if thats the case, then 141.45 hp would be the correct conversion :)

But we know its somwhere around the low 140s.  Absolutely astounding  :blink:
The b in bhp just indicated that the engine was tested on a brake dyno.

And, even though it was modified I imagine its aerodynamics are pitiful compared to modern cars, they just didn't have the knowledge we have now of aerodynamics.

Raghavan

I think the hp number is usually 15 percent more than the bhp number, and if thats the case, then 141.45 hp would be the correct conversion :)

And, even though it was modified I imagine its aerodynamics are pitiful compared to modern cars, they just didn't have the knowledge we have now of aerodynamics.
and yet, that engine is superior to almost anything today.

BMWDave

It was the first car really produced by BMW's M Division, they had to make a classic B)  

2007 Honda S2000

Raghavan

It was the first car really produced by BMW's M Division, they had to make a classic B)
i guess they poured every ounce of engine knowledge in there to build this car.

BMWDave

The 3.0 CSL which was made for street use costs about 40-50K now.  The racing version was much rarer, so I assume they go for a lot, a lot of money.

2007 Honda S2000

TBR

First, I am not arguing about the engine. Second, a very high hp/l doesn't necessarily make it a better engine than everything produced today. I imagine it had horrible fuel economy and even worse emissions. Thrid, I guess I am now arguing about the engine ;)

Raghavan

QuoteThe 3.0 CSL which was made for street use costs about 40-50K now.  The racing version was much rarer, so I assume they go for a lot, a lot of money.
i was thinking more like $500k.

Raghavan

First, I am not arguing about the engine. Second, a very high hp/l doesn't necessarily make it a better engine than everything produced today. I imagine it had horrible fuel economy and even worse emissions. Thrid, I guess I am now arguing about the engine ;)
:lol:  :lol:  

BMWDave

:D Barring emissions and environmental concerns, the hp per litre ration is simply outstanding, whatever way you look at it.  And I cant really find anything about emissions on the web, there were no environmental wackos back then :lol:  

2007 Honda S2000

BMWDave

QuoteThe 3.0 CSL which was made for street use costs about 40-50K now.  The racing version was much rarer, so I assume they go for a lot, a lot of money.
i was thinking more like $500k.
Perhaps even more than that.  I will check it up.

2007 Honda S2000

Raghavan

:D Barring emissions and environmental concerns, the hp per litre ration is simply outstanding, whatever way you look at it.  And I cant really find anything about emissions on the web, there were no environmental wackos back then :lol:
Ralph Nader?

TBR

I agree, the output is very impressive but you can't call it better than modern engines just because of that output.

BMWDave

I agree, the output is very impressive but you can't call it better than modern engines just because of that output.
I didnt call it that  :mellow:

There is no doubt that modern engines are cleaner and such, but I am still amazed at what BMW achieved back in the 70s.

2007 Honda S2000

TBR

Raghavan

QuoteI know, but Rag did.
it's true. :praise:  I'm a high revving engines troll too. :praise:  

Raza

You can get a 3.0 CSL for about 15 grand, but expect to do some work.  With cars like that, the initial price of the car is directly related to how much work has been done into maintaining it.  If it's under 15 grand though, rust bucket.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

BMWDave

QuoteYou can get a 3.0 CSL for about 15 grand, but expect to do some work.  With cars like that, the initial price of the car is directly related to how much work has been done into maintaining it.  If it's under 15 grand though, rust bucket.
It costs about 50K or so to get one in nice condition.  But the 3.0CSL racecar costs so much more than the 3.0CSL road car.

2007 Honda S2000

footoflead

I've seen this car before but forgot the name...help??
Speed is my drug, Adrenaline my addiction
Racing is an addiction...and the only cure is poverty
Sometimes you just have to floor it and hope for the best
Member of the Rag destroyed the 'CarSPIN carry the torch thread' club
Co-President of the I Fought the Tree and the Tree Won Club

m4c$'s ar3 th3 suck0rz club president!
'02 Mustang Red, Mine
'04 Mustang Silver, Dad's
'05 Silverado, Mom's

BMWDave

2007 Honda S2000

footoflead

Thats what i thought but i wasnt sure, I wouldnt mind one of those :D  B)  :rockon:  
Speed is my drug, Adrenaline my addiction
Racing is an addiction...and the only cure is poverty
Sometimes you just have to floor it and hope for the best
Member of the Rag destroyed the 'CarSPIN carry the torch thread' club
Co-President of the I Fought the Tree and the Tree Won Club

m4c$'s ar3 th3 suck0rz club president!
'02 Mustang Red, Mine
'04 Mustang Silver, Dad's
'05 Silverado, Mom's

BMWDave

QuoteThats what i thought but i wasnt sure, I wouldnt mind one of those :D  B)  :rockon:
Top gear tested one once, its an amazing car.

2007 Honda S2000

CaseyNPham

Quoteand then caseyNpham got a 17 incher up his 'umbrella stand' and then he screamed like a little

Minpin

MAN, one lucky guy.....
?Do you expect me to talk?"
"No, Mr Bond. I expect you to die!?

Raza

QuoteYou can get a 3.0 CSL for about 15 grand, but expect to do some work.  With cars like that, the initial price of the car is directly related to how much work has been done into maintaining it.  If it's under 15 grand though, rust bucket.
It costs about 50K or so to get one in nice condition.  But the 3.0CSL racecar costs so much more than the 3.0CSL road car.
I didn't realize you were talking about the race car.  
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.