Official Pictures: Audi RS5 Coupe

Started by cawimmer430, February 20, 2010, 03:19:13 PM

r0tor

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed

r0tor

Quote from: Vinsanity on February 23, 2010, 01:23:16 PM
That's $30k even. How much does a B7 RS4 cost?

40's but they are gas hogs and the timing belt change out will cost you a bank account
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed

Catman

Quote from: Raza  link=topic=21377.msg1276661#msg1276661 date=1266946367
It certainly was, but that curb weight is as high as my old E class and 400 pounds heavier than my similarly sized Jetta. 

Yeah it's enormous.

saxonyron

Good call on that picture, Galaxy.  But I think they were teasing us with that. The tach matches the V8 redline of 8,250, so that makes sense.  The V10 redlines at a motorcycle like 8,700. (The R8 must sound amazing at the level!  :wub:  )  I like the more aggressive look of the RS5 though.  If I had a say in the design, I would have done less swoops in the rear and more Ur quattro-esque fender bulges.  But this is a damn fine ride though. Too bad Audi made it as big as a Suburban, as Greg aptly pointed out.  :lol:

2013 Audi A6 3.0T   
2007 Audi A6 3.2           
2010 GMC Yukon XL SLT 5.3 V8

The problem is not that people are taxed too little, the problem is that government spends too much.
-- Ronald Reagan

SVT_Power

Quote from: saxonyron on February 24, 2010, 08:17:34 AM
The V10 redlines at a motorcycle like 8,700. (The R8 must sound amazing at the level!  :wub:  )

The lexus V10 redlines at 9,000 and fuel cut off isn't until 9,500. What's that then if the Audi V10 is like a motorcycle engine?  :lol:
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

r0tor

Quote from: saxonyron on February 24, 2010, 08:17:34 AM
Too bad Audi made it as big as a Suburban, as Greg aptly pointed out.  :lol:

Yea, Car and Driver is calling it "monstrous"... so it must be big

saxonyron

Quote from: SVT_Power on February 24, 2010, 09:07:42 AM
The lexus V10 redlines at 9,000 and fuel cut off isn't until 9,500. What's that then if the Audi V10 is like a motorcycle engine?  :lol:

:lol:  But that's a Lexus.  So I believe then it would be called...~~yawn~~ ..."irrelevant".  :devil:

(And I was talking a little hyperbolically about the motorcycle engine.  I know they can reach 13 or 14,000.  Still 8,700 is amazing for a V-10.  And hell, sure, even 9,000 for a Lexus is impressive, too.  But again, it is still a Lexus, so it's hard to get much adrenaline flowing.  :huh:  )

2013 Audi A6 3.0T   
2007 Audi A6 3.2           
2010 GMC Yukon XL SLT 5.3 V8

The problem is not that people are taxed too little, the problem is that government spends too much.
-- Ronald Reagan

sportyaccordy

Quote from: Catman on February 23, 2010, 06:46:35 AM
The A4 is a huge car and weighs a ton.  You should consider something else.
In all seriousness, a Saab 9-2X Aero would probably be a better fit for r0t0r

Cheaper, faster, easier to mod, not much less spacious or luxurious, much more reliable....

TBR

Quote from: sportyaccordy on February 26, 2010, 09:59:28 AM
In all seriousness, a Saab 9-2X Aero would probably be a better fit for r0t0r

Cheaper, faster, easier to mod, not much less spacious or luxurious, much more reliable....

I don't know about that.

Raza

Quote from: TBR on February 27, 2010, 09:47:56 AM
I don't know about that.

Come on.  It's Japanese.  It therefore has to be more reliable.  Just forget about the suicidal gearboxes.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

TBR

Quote from: Raza  on February 27, 2010, 09:50:12 AM
Come on.  It's Japanese.  It therefore has to be more reliable.  Just forget about the suicidal gearboxes.

That was a reading fail on my part. I thought he was talking about the 9-3x.

Raza

Quote from: TBR on February 27, 2010, 09:53:20 AM
That was a reading fail on my part. I thought he was talking about the 9-3x.

Oh.  I was still being sarcastic though.  WRXs aren't going to necessarily be more reliable than an A4.  Their gearboxes are a problem, and that's just one problem I'm aware of after doing only very little research.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

sportyaccordy

Quote from: Raza  on February 27, 2010, 10:02:31 AM
Oh.  I was still being sarcastic though.  WRXs aren't going to necessarily be more reliable than an A4.  Their gearboxes are a problem, and that's just one problem I'm aware of after doing only very little research.
If you really start pushing power and abusing them the gearboxes fail. You gotta remember the WRX's main demographic... these are young kids with boost controllers and the need to power shift. So the STi will deal with that better than the WRX. But for regular use the WRX gearbox is fine.

Plus that's just one problem in the face of the deluge of unreasonable electronic issues that plague all modern VW/Audis. Couple that with the better performance/running costs of the WRX (or 9-2X Aero) and to me it seems like a no brainer.

dazzleman

Thanks Wimmer.  My keyboard is all sticky now.... :wub:

I hope they have one at the auto show, and that it isn't white.  Last year, Audi had this thing where all their cars (or most of their cars) were displayed in white.  I think white makes a car look cheap, for some reason.  I hope they display this one in red, or some shade of blue just short of navy.
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!

SVT_Power

Quote from: dazzleman on February 27, 2010, 12:59:47 PM
Thanks Wimmer.  My keyboard is all sticky now.... :wub:

I hope they have one at the auto show, and that it isn't white.  Last year, Audi had this thing where all their cars (or most of their cars) were displayed in white.  I think white makes a car look cheap, for some reason.  I hope they display this one in red, or some shade of blue just short of navy.

You can still get the keyboard sticky?  I guess you're the target audience for those little blue pills...

:evildude:
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

r0tor

Quote from: dazzleman on February 27, 2010, 12:59:47 PM
Thanks Wimmer.  My keyboard is all sticky now.... :wub:

you shall buy one and we race for pink slips at Boston F1 karting complex...