One of the most spectacular photoshoots I've ever seen...

Started by cawimmer430, February 21, 2010, 06:55:33 AM

cawimmer430

I discovered these photos on Flickr. The photographer is an amateur who used a Nikon D90 for these photos. I think what really makes these photos stand out is not really the car but the location and lighting. Beautiful scenery. The photos were definitely also edited afterwards in regards to tone.

-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

Pommes-T

Those are really fantastic.

This beeing said: I want a used Benz CLS...
'00 BMW 523i

Onslaught

Some are really nice. Unfortunately they put an ugly ass car in them.

sportyaccordy

ChrisV

Wow, some seriously nice locations and scenes. I gotta get me a good camera...
Like a fine Detroit wine, this vehicle has aged to budgetary perfection...

Raza

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

cawimmer430

I have trouble finding such ideal locations to around the Munich region. I know all the good places in M?hldorf, but Munich is relatively new to me. And even if I do find an ideal location, it's far from ideal. Something that really bothers the hell out of me is that in Germany there are speed signs everywhere. On a straight country road there could be an 80 km/h sign and 50 meters after it there's another 80 km/h sign. WTF!? This shit is so common here and it annoys me. Think of it this way. Imagine the photos above with a number speed signs in the background. That's Germany for you. Furthermore the "ideal locations" I discover tend to have too much traffic, which is annoying as hell. Also, historic settings, such as say a castle wall, which could be a nice background, are also ruined by the fact that some asshole decided the wall would be a great place to attach an ugly steel trashcan (and more speed signs) on. A few meters to the left or right you have another garbage can. God friggin damn it. It's this stupid sense of "Ordnung" which Germans have that pisses me off.  :facepalm:

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de

SVT666

TBR

Great photos. I am particularly impressed with what seems to be the very skilled usage of HDR. They don't really look it (the lighting seems natural), but my intuition tells me that there is no way that the lighting could be achieved without multiple different exposures. This shot in particular:

AltinD

Yes, definitelly the HDR technique and long exposure were used.

2016 KIA Sportage EX Plus, CRDI 2.0T diesel, 185 HP, AWD

cawimmer430

Some of the shots look like HDR's, true. He most likely shot them in RAW, created an HDR and then edited them in Lightroom in regards to tone.

I did the same with this shot for instance. It's an HDR and the tones of certain colors were edited to make the shot as a whole appear more lively.

www.wimmerfotografie.de