Spy Shots: Saab SUV

Started by ifcar, August 26, 2005, 10:22:17 AM

ifcar

http://www.trollhattansaab.net/archives/20...ots_the_9-.html

Spyshots: The 9-6x? or the 9-4x?

Djup Strupe II has done it again!!

The following two photos are of a model that may be previewed in Frankfurt (unconfirmed). Upon first glance they appear to be a crossover vehicle so the natural thought is for it to be the 9-6x.

However, a closer look shows that the car is actually a 3-door model. Djup mentions that it's not likely for actual production in this guise, but looks fantastic.

It's reportedly around BMW X3 size, which leads me to think it may be a prototype model for the 9-4x that's been mentioned around the traps, crafted on the Epsilon platform. If so, then this is a very early prototype as the 9-4x isn't scheduled for release until 2009.

So, 9-6x with a tricky body or 9-4x prototype? It's hard to say, but here's hoping they roll this baby onto the stage in Frankfurt next month so we can all get a better look!

The rear. Note the twin pipes and similar styling in the rear lights to the Tribeca.

Djup hints that the interior is very roomy and that this 3-door model hasn't received a go-ahead for production. The dash is similar to a 9-3 or 9-7x dash.

Not much more to tell, I'm afraid.

I'm going with this as a tricky-body 9-6x. The cues from the Tribeca are just too strong in the rear for it to be anything else in my humble opinion. The fact thay've built up a 3-door is a big surprise and if this is a model in the balance then can I please add in my 0.02c worth and say "Yes!!"

Pictures at link. Thoughts?

Catman

The front is great.  The rear needs some work.  Too much like the Tribeca.

giant_mtb

QuoteThe front is great.  The rear needs some work.  Too much like the Tribeca.
I agree...they need to differentiate the two a bit more.  It just looks like a smoother rump compared with the Tribeca.

280Z Turbo

GM is just like a mean big brother. Subaru gets a cool new toy and then big brother GM steals it from Subie and hides it under his bed and calls it his own. ;)  

BMWDave

This looks to be the same thing GM is doing with all Saab cars now...take another manufacturers car, give it a new front end, and call it a Saab.  it looks horrible.

2007 Honda S2000
OEM Hardtop, Rick's Ti Shift Knob, 17" Volk LE37ts coming soon...

ifcar

As long as the keep the core products strong (9-3 and 9-5), only bring in competitive and Saab-like rebadges, and modify more than just the front clip, they should be all right.

However, they aren't sticking to that.