Santa Fe v. Sorrento

Started by Catman, August 26, 2005, 02:39:56 PM

Catman

Aren't they related chassis-wise?

giant_mtb

The Santa Fe LX uses the same 3.5L V-6 as the Kia Sorento.  That's all I know.

ifcar

Not related at all. They share only the 3.5-liter V6, nothing about the platform is related. The Sorento is a truck-based SUV, the Santa Fe is an Elantra (maybe Sonata).

Catman

QuoteNot related at all. They share only the 3.5-liter V6, nothing about the platform is related. The Sorento is a truck-based SUV, the Santa Fe is an Elantra (maybe Sonata).
OK, what do you recommend?  A co-worker is looking at Santa Fe's.

ifcar

Neither the Santa Fe nor the Sorento has any advantage over the less-expensive Tucson/Sportage (Elantra-based near-clones), which are smaller outside but just as roomy inside, have more safety features, ride and handle better, and get better fuel economy.  

mazda6er

I believe the Sante Fe tipped in gov. crash tests, so that might not be the safest option. I also seem to remember that the Sorento has a very rough ride. Other than those two flaws, they're pretty good vehicles for the price, but I'd say ifcar has the right idea: recommend a Tucson/Sportage instead.
--Mark
Quote from: R-inge on March 26, 2007, 06:26:46 PMMy dad used to rent Samurai.  He loves them good.

Co-President of the I Fought the Tree and the Tree Won Club | Official Spokesman of the"I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club
I had myself fooled into needing you, did I fool you too? -- Barenaked Ladies | Say it ain't so...your drug is a heart breaker -- Weezer

Raghavan

The Sorento's much better.