Ownership report: 2005 Honda Accord.

Started by GoCougs, March 07, 2010, 10:43:02 PM

68_427

Quote from: CALL_911 on December 10, 2010, 06:56:20 PM
You ain't gettin no 3.0 Legacy with a manual.

Ah for some reason I thought they updated the spec.b to the 3.0 like they did with the rest of the world.

Quote from: GoCougs on December 10, 2010, 06:56:30 PM
It's actually now the 3.6R and it's as ugly as sin; perhaps there will be an update next year to improve things. Also, I'm not a fan of Subaru's long term reliability (I shoot for a 125k - 150k miles of ownership). But, at least on paper, you're right, it has everything I want. I would just have to think real long and real hard about it.

And yes, the 3.6R is only available with a 5sp AT (which I'm not a fan of) in the US.

You should be fine reliability wise.  Mine has ~150K miles and I haven't even had the timing belt replaced yet.  The only thing that's been replaced is the battery.

I was also talking about the 2008 or 9 Legacy 3.0R, if you could live with an auto.
Quotewhere were you when automotive dream died
i was sat at home drinking brake fluid when wife ring
'racecar is die'
no

Rupert

I hope that's not an interference engine. ;)
Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.
PRO TENACIA NULLA VIA EST INVIA

AutobahnSHO

Quote from: SVT666 on December 09, 2010, 11:25:36 AM
Am I the only one that thinks the iPod/Aux inputs suck?  I have a USB port on the front of my deck and I use that 100% of the time.  No MP3 player sliding around or taking up a cup holder and no wire getting in the way of the shifter...and no worrying about the battery holding out.

I'd love USB input. But my deck is several years old. So I have a male/male headphone cord and ciglighter power adapter.
I roll with ROCKBOX on my Sansa- when I turn the car on the power from the ciglighter turns on the toonz, which are all shuffled.

I hit the button to next track if I don't feel in the mood, Rockbox "carmode" pauses when the power is cut then turns off after a a minute (or other selected preset time).
Will

TBR

GoCougs

Got the Accordian detailed in/out/engine. $300. Also had the alignment done - it was WAY out - steers like a much different car (much twitchier on center actually). Now at 141,000 miles yet hoping the detail job convinces me to not buy anything new for a while.

Still amazed at how much more car the Accord is vs. the Civic (my service loaner). That extra ~$5k gets at least $10k worth of car. The Civic is livable in a pinch and actually its AT is much more responsive, better feeling brakes, and an OK ride. Road noise however is a bit too much.

The Accordian is still the best car I've ever owned. She'll still lay rubber through first gear and purrs like a kitten, uses no oil, and other than some hood road rash from driving over mountain passes she looks like she has 30,000 miles in and out.

GoCougs

As to a kill story. Yesterday had some moron toying with me in a somewhat pimped (big wheels) M45X. Two lane road coming out of a two-lane roundabout and he waits for me to catch up and then as I proceed he jumps up a bit ahead of me. I being a red-blooded American jump on it too, and up to extra legal speeds he only gained half a car length. That car should be faster but not doubt the big wheel held him back a bit. Ha, ha. Loser.

2o6

Quote from: GoCougs on September 21, 2011, 10:15:25 PM
As to a kill story. Yesterday had some moron toying with me in a somewhat pimped (big wheels) M45X. Two lane road coming out of a two-lane roundabout and he waits for me to catch up and then as I proceed he jumps up a bit ahead of me. I being a red-blooded American jump on it too, and up to extra legal speeds he only gained half a car length. That car should be faster but not doubt the big wheel held him back a bit. Ha, ha. Loser.

Cougs, I swear, you have the driving mentality of a 17 year old.

GoCougs

Quote from: 2o6 on September 21, 2011, 10:18:15 PM
Cougs, I swear, you have the driving mentality of a 17 year old RED BLOODED AMERICAN.

2o6

GoCougs

They used Armor All-type stuff on surfaces such as the wheel and shifter. Ugh. Oily residue on hands FTMFL.

S204STi

Quote from: GoCougs on September 21, 2011, 10:28:24 PM
They used Armor All-type stuff on surfaces such as the wheel and shifter. Ugh. Oily residue on hands FTMFL.

I had my dealer detail a car one time.  That cured me.  That greasy crap sucks.