First Drive: Bentely Continental Flying Spur

Started by Fire It Up, May 12, 2005, 06:17:46 PM

Fire It Up

I hope this is not a repost I hope this is not a repost I hope this is not a repost I hope this is not a repost I hope this is not a repost I hope this is not a repost I hope this is not a repost I hope this is not a repost I hope this is not a repostI hope this is not a repost

Click

Founder of CarSPIN Turbo Club

BMWDave

What a nice car...its so beautfiul.  Of all the uber sedans, I would put them in this order:

RR Phanton
Bentley CFS
Maybach

2007 Honda S2000
OEM Hardtop, Rick's Ti Shift Knob, 17" Volk LE37ts coming soon...

giant_mtb

"With a few engineering tricks ? including redesigned cylinder heads ? and a pair of intercooled KKK turbochargers, Bentley engineering in England redrafted VW's W12 to 552 horsepower at 6,100 rpm and 470 pound-feet of torque that peaks at just 1,600 rpm."

That's pretty crazy...with the peak torque coming at only 1600 RPM's...on a twin-turbo engine...craziness! lol  Sweet car.

Very nice interior...

BMWDave

Quote"With a few engineering tricks ? including redesigned cylinder heads ? and a pair of intercooled KKK turbochargers, Bentley engineering in England redrafted VW's W12 to 552 horsepower at 6,100 rpm and 470 pound-feet of torque that peaks at just 1,600 rpm."

That's pretty crazy...with the peak torque coming at only 1600 RPM's...on a twin-turbo engine...craziness! lol  Sweet car.
This is supposed to be the fastest sedan in the world I believe.

2007 Honda S2000

280Z Turbo

That's actually quite a handsome car! Much better than the blocky Rolls Royce Phaeton.

BMWDave

Quote"With a few engineering tricks ? including redesigned cylinder heads ? and a pair of intercooled KKK turbochargers, Bentley engineering in England redrafted VW's W12 to 552 horsepower at 6,100 rpm and 470 pound-feet of torque that peaks at just 1,600 rpm."

Very nice interior...
Beautiful interior!  WOW! :o  

2007 Honda S2000

BMWDave

QuoteThat's actually quite a handsome car! Much better than the blocky Rolls Royce Phaeton.
I disagree (subjective of course).  The Rolls is much more imposing and announces your presence in a much more assertive matter, which is very important for a car in this class.

2007 Honda S2000

Fire It Up

195 mph sedan.  B)  I love its sleek lines. It looks soo much better as a sedan than as a coupe. And its interior is awesome.

Fire It Up

QuoteThat's actually quite a handsome car! Much better than the blocky Rolls Royce Phaeton.
I disagree (subjective of course).  The Rolls is much more imposing and announces your presence in a much more assertive matter, which is very important for a car in this class.
Unless the owner of the car does not want to be noticed...or shot...

280Z Turbo

So you want all your rich friends to say: "Oh dear heavens! What is that hideous monstrosity in the driveway!"

That thing has no grace, not at all smooth. The Bentley is like Pierce Brosnan and the Rolls is like Chris Farley. Sure you knew it when he came into the room, but... :D

My '86 Ford Ranger kinda resmbles the look of the Rolls Royce. My Amana refridgerator does too! :lol:

BMWDave

So you want all your rich friends to say: "Oh dear heavens! What is that hideous monstrosity in the driveway!"

That thing has no grace, not at all smooth. The Bentley is like Pierce Brosnan and the Rolls is like Chris Farley. My '86 Ford Ranger kinda resmbles the look of the Rolls Royce. My Amana refridgerator does too! :lol:
I've seen a RR Phanton in real life (I'm not talking about an auto show) and the car exuded class and finesse.  It stood out from everything...it was a very imposing and beautiful car.  It is in now way a hideous monstrosity.

2007 Honda S2000

ifcar

That thing has no grace, not at all smooth. The Bentley is like Pierce Brosnan and the Rolls is like Chris Farley. My '86 Ford Ranger kinda resmbles the look of the Rolls Royce. My Amana refridgerator does too! :lol:
I've seen a RR Phanton in real life (I'm not talking about an auto show) and the car exuded class and finesse.  It stood out from everything...it was a very imposing and beautiful car.  It is in now way a hideous monstrosity.
I'm inclined to agree. While the RR may be a bit blocky, the look works. The Continentals come out too rounded, dangerously close to the 90s Buick Riviera.  

BMWDave

2007 Honda S2000

280Z Turbo

Look how imposing it looks!
Indeed. :praise:  

BMWDave

:lol: Indeed you edited my quote :angry:  :rolleyes:  <_<  :)  B)  

2007 Honda S2000

Fire It Up

LMAO  :lol:
The RR is too "old" school for my tastes....

Catman

CaseyNPham

That thing got a Hemi??
Quoteand then caseyNpham got a 17 incher up his 'umbrella stand' and then he screamed like a little

Lorinser

Am I the only one that thinks the Flying Spur looks really bland? ;)  

BMWDave

QuoteAm I the only one that thinks the Flying Spur looks really bland? ;)
I guess so ;)  

2007 Honda S2000