The new face of the Saab 9-5

Started by cozmik, August 26, 2005, 04:24:51 PM

cozmik

2006 BMW 330xi. 6 Speed, Sport Package. Gone are the RFTs! Toyo Proxes 4 in their place

TBR

Not loving it at all, it looks like martian influenced. Also, what happened to the little grills on each side of the main grill?  

ifcar

I like the sharper edges of the current Saabs. This, I don't like.  

cozmik

QuoteNot loving it at all, it looks like martian influenced. Also, what happened to the little grills on each side of the main grill?
They are integrated with the headlaights.

Personally, I love it!  :rockon:  

2006 BMW 330xi. 6 Speed, Sport Package. Gone are the RFTs! Toyo Proxes 4 in their place

TBR

Yeah, which is what makes the car look so weird.

Catman

280Z Turbo

Hmm...I like it, but I'm uneasy about liking it. It's a little too weird, even for Saab.

Raghavan

Raza

I like it, but not more than the current one.  
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

mazda6er

Well, it's certainly "fresh" looking. The whole grill, headlight thing is a bit wierd, but overall I think they pulled it off.
--Mark
Quote from: R-inge on March 26, 2007, 06:26:46 PMMy dad used to rent Samurai.  He loves them good.

Co-President of the I Fought the Tree and the Tree Won Club | Official Spokesman of the"I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club
I had myself fooled into needing you, did I fool you too? -- Barenaked Ladies | Say it ain't so...your drug is a heart breaker -- Weezer

Raza

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

giant_mtb

autom?vel

Yeah, I agree with Raza.  Looks pretty badass to me, but it's hard to top what it's replacing.  I'd say it'll be one of those designs that grows on people and looks better in person.  

EDIT:  Actually, just looking at it again, I like it more.  Definitely quirky and unique, and that's a good thing.
?Far and away the best prize that life offers is the chance to work hard at work worth doing.?
          -  Teddy Roosevelt

280Z Turbo

Better.
A bit mundane, don't you think?

Raghavan

at least it builds on saab's quirkyness...

850CSi

QuoteI like it, but not more than the current one.
Ditto.

There is and always will be this part of me that wants a 9^3 or 9^5.

ifcar

Better.
A bit mundane, don't you think?
I haven't found a picture that's done it justice yet.