2o6

giant_mtb

First thought: WTF, Taurus?

Second thought: WTF, Kia?

Third thought: Civic/A4 tail lamps?

Fourth thought: WTF, wheels? Ugly.

Overall thought: Meh, it looks nice.

the Teuton

It's like a Sonata for people who care about their rear seat passengers.
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

Secret Chimp

Quote from: the Teuton on March 13, 2010, 09:50:29 PM

What is it with you and rear seats

Quote from: BENZ BOY15 on January 02, 2014, 02:40:13 PM
That's a great local brewery that we have. Do I drink their beer? No.

280Z Turbo

Quote from: Secret Chimp on March 13, 2010, 11:41:48 PM
What is it with you and rear seats

He likes to wear cowboy hats.

Vinsanity

in some ways, I prefer it to the Sonata

ifcar

Quote from: the Teuton on March 13, 2010, 09:50:29 PM

That would be nice, but it's way to early to tell. And I had to guess, I'd say their accommodations are identical -- the Optima and Sonata seem to share a roofline.

Secret Chimp

I like it better than the Sonata too. I like Kia's styling as of late a lot better in general. They seem to be setting themselves up as a sort of Korean Honda/Toyota pair.

Quote from: BENZ BOY15 on January 02, 2014, 02:40:13 PM
That's a great local brewery that we have. Do I drink their beer? No.

nickdrinkwater

There's a couple of details which are unnecessary (the fake side vent, the LED lights).  But otherwise I think it looks very promising.  The profile is nice, and the whole car is actually reminiscent of a SAAB (or what a SAAB should look like).

This could be the car that sees Kia finally compete in this segment but we'll have to wait until we know about powertrains.

sportyaccordy

I don't know guys I JUST DON'T KNOW :cry:

Payman

Agree with Nick... the C pillar has a SAABiness about it. Very nice. Overall I think it looks very good.

CJ

It looks fantastic. 

2o6

Same engines as Sonata.

This car is HOT. Easily is the best looking Midsizer out there.

:wub: :wub: :wub:

:wub: :wub: :wub:

Catman

TBR

Grill and c-pillar are quite fussy.

2o6

Quote from: TBR on April 01, 2010, 11:49:08 AM
Grill and c-pillar are quite fussy.

I agree with the C-pillar. I think the removal of the chrome strip would make it excellent.

The grille, I don't agree with.

Submariner

The nose is fucked.

I don't get what it is with the noses they have bestowed upon their two most recent entries (the Sonata and the Optima)  The Sonata is a good looking vehicle, but then I had one in my rear-view mirror this morning.  It was repulsive!  Not only was the front over styled beyond belief, the hood creases that lead into the grille make it look perpetually broken.  It's a nightmare! 
2010 G-550  //  2019 GLS-550

2o6

Quote from: Submariner on April 01, 2010, 11:53:29 AM
The nose is fucked.

I don't get what it is with the noses they have bestowed upon their two most recent entries (the Sonata and the Optima)  The Sonata is a good looking vehicle, but then I had one in my rear-view mirror this morning.  It was repulsive!  Not only was the front over styled beyond belief, the hood creases that lead into the grille make it look perpetually broken.  It's a nightmare! 

I think the Sonata is:

- Underwheeled.

- Not enough tumblehome. The sides are too tall.

- Because of the wheels and lack of tumblehome, the car looks too wide and too tall.

Laconian

I think it looks excellent. I especially like the glass roof and tail end of the car.
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

CJ

I think it looks great.

Vinsanity

Quote from: 2o6 on April 01, 2010, 11:45:41 AM
Same engines as Sonata.

This car is HOT. Easily is the best looking Midsizer out there.

I have to agree. The car has just enough styling character to set it apart from the other Camcords and its wannabes, without falling prey to fugliness.

Very excited about this getting the 270-hp turbo engine as well. I sure wouldn't mind this as my first FWD 4-banger.

edit: LOL @ the NYC cop out to enforce the "No Parking" zone against the Kia visiting from Cali :tounge:

the Teuton

Those tail lights are kinda Maserati.
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

nickdrinkwater

Looks fantastic, except for maybe the nose being a little droopy.  But overall, looks great inside and out.  Kia are really coming of age.  I'd love to see how this stacks up against the Mondeo, Superb etc.

Atomic

i did not care for it until seeing the pics above. wow! a little busy looking, but it is growing on me quickly. btw, is the roof glass or darkened paint? if a moonroof or sunroof - sweet!

sportyaccordy

Still on the fence... but after seeing and liking the Sonata IRL (outside of the underwheeling) I think this could work. It looks much better under daylight in those pics above.

giant_mtb

68_427

I see some Audi in the center dash.
Quotewhere were you when automotive dream died
i was sat at home drinking brake fluid when wife ring
'racecar is die'
no

omicron

Not bad, not bad. A bit busy in a few places for my tastes, like the aforementioned grille and C-pillar treatments, but the basic design is very sound with a strong stance.

Galaxy

Quote from: 68_427 on April 01, 2010, 08:23:43 PM
I see some Audi in the center dash.

You would be right.

The man behind the recent KIA design revolution is Peter Schreyer, who worked for VW AG between 1979 and 2006. Between 1994 and 2002 he was head of design at Audi. from 2002 till 2006 he was head of design for all of VW AG.

2o6

Quote from: Galaxy on April 02, 2010, 05:27:46 AM
You would be right.

The man behind the recent KIA design revolution is Peter Schreyer, who worked for VW AG between 1979 and 2006. Between 1994 and 2002 he was head of design at Audi. from 2002 till 2006 he was head of design for all of VW AG.

I started a thread about it. The A5 and Kia Forte Koup share a lot of design features.