A Special Corvette Week *now w/ a bazillion pics*

Started by Eye of the Tiger, March 16, 2010, 12:49:37 AM

Eye of the Tiger

Vette' Week

Pics added from my fancy camera, so this thread makes some sense. I have more on my iPhone, and some vids. Maybe I post those later. Maybe I actually write some words about stuff. Maybe not. Maybe I am le tired and need ub3r sleep before trying to remember what actually happened over the past week.

Some bridge and some guy.

Some jail.

Some city next to the jail and bridge.

More bridge.

Bridge.

More city next to bridge.

Riding some yellow car down some silly brick road.

That city again.

That road from two pictures ago.

That yellow car from three pictures ago.

That car again.

This car is green.

Yellow car, the one road.

That same thing again.

Yep.

Red rocks make a canyon. I wonder why they call it Red Rock Canyon. Yellow car does not fit here, unless one wants a pile of orange debris.

Red Rock...

Red Water...

Rock Rain...

Mt Charleston

Yellow car. Mountains. Trees. Snow.

Yellow car. Top of parking facility. The Strip.

That again.

Some dried up lake. There's a big dam around here somewhere.

Can't find the dam. Fuck Dam it.

Yellow car + me = this picture

Same math.

This kind of stuff.

2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

Rupert

Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.
PRO TENACIA NULLA VIA EST INVIA

Eye of the Tiger

It belongs to a fellow named Hertz
I'm just borrowing it.

BimmerM3

sportyaccordy

:winkguy:

Are you gonna trade in the Swift for an appropriate mullet machine?

NomisR

Submariner

2010 G-550  //  2019 GLS-550

the Teuton

How's the 6-speed...auto...in that thing?
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

Onslaught

Quote from: sportyaccordy on March 16, 2010, 05:44:19 AM
:winkguy:

Are you gonna trade in the Swift for an appropriate mullet machine?
He said Corvette, not Camaro.

the Teuton

Quote from: Onslaught on March 16, 2010, 04:22:28 PM
He said Corvette, not Camaro.

Corvette owners are 50-year-old rednecks with a little bit of money. Nick is halfway there on all counts.
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

Onslaught

Quote from: the Teuton on March 16, 2010, 04:26:09 PM
Corvette owners are 50-year-old rednecks with a little bit of money. Nick is halfway there on all counts.
The old ones are like that. But I don't see many guys like that in the C6 Vets.

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: the Teuton on March 16, 2010, 04:15:31 PM
How's the 6-speed...auto...in that thing?

Not bad, but watch out for those downshifts, traction control is good.

We just drove from Vegas to Sacramento. My friend got a speeding ticket. This trip rocks!

the Teuton

Eye of the Tiger

And now we're at hookah bar. Fukim california! lolol

Rupert

Ha, sounds like a riot. Stop by Boise and I'll give you a ride in the MG. :lol:
Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.

Colin

Sounds like fun...........

I had the pleasure of one of Mr Hertz' distinctive bright yellow Corvette ZHZ's last summer for a week. Although in absolute terms, it's not that good a car, I very much enjoyed having it for a week. My write up of it is here: http://www.themotor.net/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=44:2008-chevrolet-corvette-zhz-usa&catid=1:road-tests&Itemid=11

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: Colin on March 17, 2010, 01:38:32 AM
Sounds like fun...........

I had the pleasure of one of Mr Hertz' distinctive bright yellow Corvette ZHZ's last summer for a week. Although in absolute terms, it's not that good a car, I very much enjoyed having it for a week. My write up of it is here: http://www.themotor.net/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=44:2008-chevrolet-corvette-zhz-usa&catid=1:road-tests&Itemid=11

Well, shit. I only have to agree with almost everything you said.. although, I find the paddle shifters good if you want to hold gears in twisty mountain roads, and don't want unexpected downshifts upsetting the rear end.
I managed to get unlimited miles for my rental, which is why I was able to go off on this random road trip. We're going for San Francisco tomorrow, I think.

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: Rupert on March 17, 2010, 12:47:01 AM
Ha, sounds like a riot. Stop by Boise and I'll give you a ride in the MG. :lol:

yeah, well it's just a bit out of the way, and I do have to get back to my friend's place so I can help tinker with a TR8 with multiple fluid leakages, and a Scout that tends to burst into flames.

Nethead

Quote from: Eye of the Tiger on March 17, 2010, 02:36:01 AM
yeah, well it's just a bit out of the way, and I do have to get back to my friend's place so I can help tinker with a TR8 with multiple fluid leakages, and a Scout that tends to burst into flames.

Sniff.  Sniff.  Do I smell barbecue?
So many stairs...so little time...

Eye of the Tiger

I smell Pacific Ocean...

and bbq

Eye of the Tiger

Today, we went from Saramento to San Franciso, poked around for a bit, then headed south and took CA-1 all the way to Cambria, before deciding to head inland.

CA-1 is an epic road, and doing it in the Vette is just more epicer.

Rupert

Quote from: Eye of the Tiger on March 17, 2010, 02:36:01 AM

Whatever. You're in a 'Vette; you could be here in, like, ten minutes.

You could also come tinker with an MG. It needs some tinkering.

Eye of the Tiger

One of those is mpg, and one is mph.

the Teuton

Quote from: Eye of the Tiger on March 18, 2010, 06:05:04 AM

One of those is mpg, and one is mph.

You're a hypermiling god.

SVT666

How much is this costing you for a week?

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: SVT666 on March 18, 2010, 10:21:53 AM
How much is this costing you for a week?

Meh... that's not what's important. :-p about $600
that was my brothel money, but I like the car enough.

SVT666

Quote from: Eye of the Tiger on March 18, 2010, 12:05:05 PM
Meh... that's not what's important. :-p about $600
that was my brothel money, but I like the car enough.

Is that $600 just your share, or is that total?

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: the Teuton on March 18, 2010, 07:03:57 AM
You're a hypermiling god.

The mileage really is impressive. It got a solid 31 on the highway from Carson City to Sacramento. Not sure if an elevation difference skewed that, though.

The Pirate

1989 Audi 80 quattro, 2001 Mazda Protege ES

Secretary of the "I Survived the Volvo S80 thread" Club

Quote from: omicron on July 10, 2007, 10:58:12 PM
After you wake up with the sun at 6am on someone's floor, coughing up cigarette butts and tasting like warm beer, you may well change your opinion on this matter.

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: SVT666 on March 18, 2010, 12:05:37 PM
Is that $600 just your share, or is that total?

That's it for 7 days. Not bad; not cheap for a poor college guy, but totally worth it. Oh yeah.