Worth...Every...Penny

Started by SVT666, March 23, 2010, 09:39:46 AM

SVT666

Ford?s Alan Mulally receives million dollar raise for 2009
03/23/2010, 4:42 AM
BY MARK KLEIS

Ford?s CEO, Alan Mulally, who is often credited for the automaker?s recent turnaround, received a raise of nearly six percent to a total compensation package of $17.9 million for his effort in 2009. Ford posted a $2.7 billion profit for 2009 ? the first annual profit in four years.

In 2009 Alan Mulally earned just $1.4 million in salary ? a 30 percent cut in salary from the year before in exchange for concessions from labor unions. Mulally also forwent a cash bonus for the second year.

Mulally?s total compensation of nearly $18 million instead came largely from stock and option awards which totaled $16.5 million, which increased his total compensation due to the stock?s strong performance. Stock was trading at $13.99 on Monday by close, compared to $2.11 just last March.

Reuters points out that Ford stock massively outperformed the rest of the automotive sector for 2009 ? increasing by over 700 percent compared to the S&P which rose just 23 percent. Ford originally anticipated a return to profitability in 2010, but due to strong product performance, largely positive media coverage and struggling rivals, the automaker was able to turn a profit ahead of schedule. The automaker is still projecting a full return to profitability for 2010.

Ford Motor Company?s previous CEO, William Clay Ford Jr., stepped down by his own accord in 2006 when he found and hired Alan Mulally to continue what he believed he could not achieve himself. Ford has not received any form of compensation since 2005, and vowed not to receive compensation until the automaker which bears his name returned to profitability for a full year.

Ford Motor Company plans to compensate William Clay Ford Jr. $16.8 million for his work as chairman once the board determines that the automaker achieved profitability on a global basis for its operations in 2009.

Ford Motor Company recorded a profit and obtained market share increases in both the U.S. and European markets for 2009.

Jon?

:ohyeah:

Great news for Ford.  They have some compelling products.

Current Rides: 2011 VW Golf TDi, 2008 Pontiac Vibe

S204STi

The company has really turned around, and being the sole successful domestic automaker at this point (without government intervention) says a lot about the strength of the company.  Historically I've leaned towards GM products, but that sentiment is quickly changing.

r0tor

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed

FoMoJo

The way it should be done.  Stock options :ohyeah:.
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."

MX793

I hear the unions are bitching by how much he made.  They also apparently didn't like that Ford reinstated merit-based pay raises, tuition assistance and 401K contribution matching for their exempt/"white collar" employees (which includes engineers who likely make no more than many of the union workers after factoring in overtime) which they previously had suspended.  Correct me if I'm wrong, but to the best of my knowledge no current union workers at Ford actually gave up any of their current pension or compensation and only gave up their cost of living adjustments, not their entire annual pay raise.
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

TBR

Quote from: MX793 on March 23, 2010, 03:23:54 PM
I hear the unions are bitching by how much he made.  They also apparently didn't like that Ford reinstated merit-based pay raises, tuition assistance and 401K contribution matching for their exempt/"white collar" employees (which includes engineers who likely make no more than many of the union workers after factoring in overtime) which they previously had suspended.  Correct me if I'm wrong, but to the best of my knowledge no current union workers at Ford actually gave up any of their current pension or compensation and only gave up their cost of living adjustments, not their entire annual pay raise.

Do they not realize that the white-collars are the ones turning the company around?

Submariner

Quote from: MX793 on March 23, 2010, 03:23:54 PM

The UAW needs to fuck themselves, hard.

Not that prior leadership of the big three are free of guilt, but the whining that has arisen from the unions over reductions in their fantastic wages, benefits, hours, etc is/was laughable.

UAW - giving a bad name to unions everywhere.
2010 G-550  //  2019 GLS-550

Northlands

Meh, the UAW would bitch if some exec found a five dollar bill in the street and didn't give 60% of it to them. At this point, they should be thanking the "white collar devils" that the company has done a 180. They have a future now. You think any of these members would be willing to part with more of their hard earned dough to help out their "brothers and sisters" who are working for Fiat/sler or Gov't Motors?

- " It's like a petting zoo, but for computers." -  my wife's take on the Apple Store.
2013 Hyundai Accent GLS / 2015 Hyundai Sonata GLS

Xer0

Quote from: SVT666 on March 23, 2010, 09:39:46 AM
Stock was trading at $13.99 on Monday by close, compared to $2.11 just last March.

:cry:  why oh why didn't I invest