Cars you hate with a passion!

Started by 2o6, March 23, 2010, 05:54:00 PM

sportyaccordy

Quote from: The Pirate on March 23, 2010, 08:48:34 PM
It's a shame that US models were saddled with a truck motor.  I still like the S13 and S14 an awful lot though.  Not enough to pay the drift tax though.
Lol @ drift tax

I love the 240, but for the money I'd much rather a 3 series

Rupert

Quote from: 2o6 on March 23, 2010, 07:10:21 PM

Buick Century

I didn't think it was possible to be this geriatric.

Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.
PRO TENACIA NULLA VIA EST INVIA

Rupert

Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.
PRO TENACIA NULLA VIA EST INVIA

93JC

I despise the Toyota Corolla with a passion. I have to keep my mouth shut around a lot of people I know because they have Corollas and love them, and just once I'd love to tell them my honest feelings about the Corolla. It's the most boring, overrated car in the world. The only reason people buy them is the reputation of the Toyota brand, which may not seem more loathsome than, say, someone buying a BMW, but the guy buying a beemer is flaunting wealth while a guy driving a Corolla likes to think they're smarter than the average bear for buying such a dependable car.

93JC

I also hate the Corolla because the interior quality is mediocre and it drives like a Camry, which is about as close to a stereotypical wallowy '70s land yacht as you can get these days.

I hate the Matrix/Vibe too, for most of the same reasons as the Corolla and the added bonus of having awful seating and ergonomics.

The Pirate

Quote from: 2o6 on March 23, 2010, 08:52:13 PM
There's nothing wrong with the KA.

Have you driven a car with the KA?  It's slow to rev, runs out of steam early in the rev range, rough, and not terribly fuel efficient.  That being said, it's very robust, reliable, and inexpensive to keep running.  But it's not a hi-po motor.
1989 Audi 80 quattro, 2001 Mazda Protege ES

Secretary of the "I Survived the Volvo S80 thread" Club

Quote from: omicron on July 10, 2007, 10:58:12 PM
After you wake up with the sun at 6am on someone's floor, coughing up cigarette butts and tasting like warm beer, you may well change your opinion on this matter.

giant_mtb

Vinsanity

Quote from: 2o6 on March 23, 2010, 07:10:21 PM
Nissan Versa

I don't care how many accolades you give it, it's dull and ugly. It's the reason the US can't have nice things. We keep buying dull cars like these.

it's the perfect car for someone who doesn't care about cars. and there are plenty of people who don't.

Vinsanity

I hate the Hummer H2 for reasons that are plainly obvious (minus the eco-weenie shit).

I also *dislike* the Prius for reasons that also are plainly obvious. But mostly because of their stereotypical owners. Finding out that they don't know how to stop their cars is just icing on the cake.

the Teuton

Quote from: Vinsanity on March 23, 2010, 11:27:41 PM
it's the perfect car for someone who doesn't care about cars. and there are plenty of people who don't.

Let's be honest, the Versa is a better car than people make it out to be. It's an amazingly capable, comfortable compact people mover. It's no sports car, though.
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

BimmerM3

I honestly can't think of a car right now that I truly hate. There are a lot that I dislike or that I just feel apathy towards, but I don't think any that I really hate.

the Teuton

Quote from: BimmerM3 on March 23, 2010, 11:55:08 PM
I honestly can't think of a car right now that I truly hate. There are a lot that I dislike or that I just feel apathy towards, but I don't think any that I really hate.

BMW X3. Srsly.
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

ifcar

Quote from: the Teuton on March 23, 2010, 08:18:39 PM
That's ridiculous. Of course, you hate enthusiasm.

It's underrated compared to equally dull competition.

ChrisV

I have cars that are not my favorites, but I can't picture hating any car as a brand or model. Now, individual examples, especially mistreated ones that you are trying to fix and nothing fits properly or comes off like it's supposed to, yeah (and sometimes I think the world would be a better place if engineers had to work on or repair the crap they've engineered...). I've had individual examples of cars that I ended up hating, and other examples of the same car that I thoroughly enjoyed.

And all cars have potential. How they arrive in mass produced, compromised production form is just a starting place.

Also I'd NEVER use what some owners are like as a reason to dislike (or like) a car. That's just stupid.
Like a fine Detroit wine, this vehicle has aged to budgetary perfection...

SVT666

I can't say I really HATE too many cars.  So few anyway that I can only think of two.  The rest I'm just indifferent to.

Toyota Yaris
I really do fucking hate this car.  I hate everything about it.  I hate it so much I was drove it as fast I could one day just to get to my destination and get out.  Unfortunately I was stopped by a cop who asked why I was going so fast and I told him, "I fucking hate this car and I can't wait to get out".  I guess he had never heard that one before because he let me go with a warning and a laugh.  I was serious though.

hotrodalex

Yaris, Lexus RX, Jeep Compass

Those are 3 I don't like at all. There are more but I'm too lazy to think of them.

2o6

Why does everyone hate the Yaris? I think it's a well-done small car.

MX793

Quote from: the Teuton on March 23, 2010, 08:53:22 PM
Yeah, my friend's had more than 260k on the original motor...but it was a dog of a motor.

The single cams were kind of gutless.  The twin cam in the '91 wasn't bad, especially when compared to other, similar cars on the market at that time.  It was still kind of course and thrashy sounding north of 5K RPM and it still fell flat about 1000 rpm shy of redline, but the power was decent.
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

93JC

Quote from: 2o6 on March 24, 2010, 02:33:50 PM

Blech. It's well-done in the sense one can expect it to move under its own power, but other than that...

Vinsanity

apparently not as well-done as the Versa

ifcar

Quote from: Vinsanity on March 24, 2010, 03:26:00 PM
apparently not as well-done as the Versa

It's more fuel-efficient. That means a lot to many people.

Gotta-Qik-C7

Nissan Murano and every Toyota currantly for sale in the USA come to mind.
2014 C7 Vert, 2002 Silverado, 2005 Road Glide

MexicoCityM3

I hate Seat cars in general. They always drive extremely aggressive and try to race me. Particularly on track days I can always count on a prick in a Seat Leon Cupra not to yield when I catch him. Cheap VW's. that's what they are.
Founder, BMW Car Club de México
http://bmwclub.org.mx
'05 M3 E46 6SPD Mystic Blue
'08 M5 E60 SMG  Space Grey
'11 1M E82 6SPD Sapphire Black
'16 GT4 (1/3rd Share lol)
'18 M3 CS
'16 X5 5.0i (Wife)
'14 MINI Cooper Countryman S Automatic (For Sale)

Eye of the Tiger

How can you say that after what you said about the Versa?
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

MexicoCityM3

I also hate Audis but that's more of like a rivalry in the way I hate the Cleveland Browns/Baltimore Ravens/Cincinatti Bangals being a Steelers' fan. However for some reason I don't hate Merc or other luxury brands.
Founder, BMW Car Club de México
http://bmwclub.org.mx
'05 M3 E46 6SPD Mystic Blue
'08 M5 E60 SMG  Space Grey
'11 1M E82 6SPD Sapphire Black
'16 GT4 (1/3rd Share lol)
'18 M3 CS
'16 X5 5.0i (Wife)
'14 MINI Cooper Countryman S Automatic (For Sale)

2o6

Quote from: Eye of the Tiger on March 24, 2010, 09:58:34 PM
How can you say that after what you said about the Versa?

I said the Versa was dull. I didn't say it was bad.

CALL_911

4-cylinder Altimas. I don't know why.

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

2o6

SVT666

I think you're a little too well done.