Cars you hate with a passion!

Started by 2o6, March 23, 2010, 05:54:00 PM

CJ

The Yaris sucks hugely.  I mean, it's a decent little car, but it just sucks.  There's no driving engagement, there's no brake feel, no steering feel, no feel of anything.  And the center mounted gauges are stupid.  It is fairly roomy on the inside, though. 

BimmerM3

Quote from: 2o6 on March 24, 2010, 10:17:55 PM
I said the Versa was dull. I didn't say it was bad.

What, and the Yaris is the epitome of excitement?

For the record, my mom "kind of liked" her Versa rental car and absolutely despised her Yaris rental car.

the Teuton

Quote from: BimmerM3 on March 25, 2010, 02:18:31 PM
What, and the Yaris is the epitome of excitement?

For the record, my mom "kind of liked" her Versa rental car and absolutely despised her Yaris rental car.

This is because the Versa is a bomb-ass little car. Every Yaris I've ever driven smells funny...and I don't think it has anything to do with past renters because they all smell the same.
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

ifcar

My grandmother (drives an Azera) liked her Versa rental, too. It took a bit of time for me to figure out what car she had rented, but she recognized the name when I said it.

Northlands

Honda CRV.

Millions love this vehicle. To me , especially the current model, it epitomizes the generation when Honda decided that its once scrappy little car division has decided to go vanilla on the world. It's well built, spacious and good fuel economy for its size, but its soooooooooooooo blaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand. The mindset is leaking into other cars in the lineup now too. The older model CRV's ( and a few others ) just feel like they have more life to them. Even with much less power.

- " It's like a petting zoo, but for computers." -  my wife's take on the Apple Store.
2013 Hyundai Accent GLS / 2015 Hyundai Sonata GLS

Rupert

Quote from: CJ on March 25, 2010, 01:46:09 PM
I mean, it's a decent little car, but it just sucks.

I just thought that was worth quoting. :lol:
Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.
PRO TENACIA NULLA VIA EST INVIA

nickdrinkwater

Quote from: giant_mtb on March 23, 2010, 09:47:16 PM

Buncha Viper wannabes.

What's that?  Looks like a Monaro/Pontiac GTO, though I don't think it is.

nickdrinkwater

One of my pet hates.

In fact I can't stand most of the lower powered A3s, they smack of someone buying a car solely for the badge.

ifcar

Quote from: nickdrinkwater on March 27, 2010, 06:58:32 AM
What's that?  Looks like a Monaro/Pontiac GTO, though I don't think it is.

A Mitsubishi Eclipse-based Dodge Stratus coupe, 2001-2006 generation. There definitely is a lot of GTO in the roofline now that you mention it.

BimmerM3

Quote from: nickdrinkwater on March 27, 2010, 07:02:18 AM
One of my pet hates.

In fact I can't stand most of the lower powered A3s, they smack of someone buying a car solely for the badge.

Is that an A3 cabrio? Does it come with the 2.0T and quattro?

Quote from: nickdrinkwater on March 27, 2010, 06:58:32 AM
What's that?  Looks like a Monaro/Pontiac GTO, though I don't think it is.

As Iffy said, it's a Dodge Stratus. I drove a friend of mine's, and it was pretty much a heaping pile of shit. Of course, he likes it, so I didn't tell him that.

the Teuton

The cut the handle off the VW Bitch Basket and slapped an Audi badge on it!
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

Colonel Cadillac

I really hate the CRV, new Accords (hell every single one of the new Hondas), most Toyotas, 525/8i's, C240's, and that's all I care to think about now.

Laconian

Mercedes GLK
Mercedes GLK
Mercedes GLK
Mercedes GLK
Mercedes GLK

Some of the most wretched driving I've seen in the past few years has been from folks driving these. They are the official SUV of Morons That Don't Have A Clue. That, and they are really nasty looking, like a taller Dodge Caliber.

Disgusting!
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

CALL_911

Quote from: Colonel Cadillac on March 27, 2010, 01:17:41 PM
I really hate the CRV, new Accords (hell every single one of the new Hondas), most Toyotas, 525/8i's, C240's, and that's all I care to think about now.

528is? They're not really that slow anymore....

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

BimmerM3

I'm also not sure that an otherwise good car should be under the "hate" category when all that's missing is a few horsepower.

CALL_911

Quote from: BimmerM3 on April 01, 2010, 01:58:54 PM
I'm also not sure that an otherwise good car should be under the "hate" category when all that's missing is a few horsepower.

True that.

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

SVT_Power

Quote from: Laconian on March 31, 2010, 10:13:29 PM
Mercedes GLK
Mercedes GLK
Mercedes GLK
Mercedes GLK
Mercedes GLK

Some of the most wretched driving I've seen in the past few years has been from folks driving these. They are the official SUV of Morons That Don't Have A Clue. That, and they are really nasty looking, like a taller Dodge Caliber.
Disgusting!

Heh i think it looks decent. My mom's wanted one for a while now. I drove one at the autoshow, it actually handles decently for what it is
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Raza

I like the GLK.  It's so damn small though...you really have to wonder what the point of an SUV that small is.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

nickdrinkwater

I've only ever seen one GLK but wasn't impressed.  Like Raza says it's so small and has barely any ground clearance.  Plus it's downright ugly compared to the Q5.

Laconian

I think it's one of the more blatant cases of cars that you buy for the badge.
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

MX793

Quote from: Raza  on April 02, 2010, 07:20:46 AM
I like the GLK.  It's so damn small though...you really have to wonder what the point of an SUV that small is.

I have a hard time even considering it an SUV.  It's more of a compact tall wagon, like a 1st gen Forrester (only perhaps smaller), than an SUV.
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

Submariner

Quote from: Laconian on April 02, 2010, 10:57:10 AM
I think it's one of the more blatant cases of cars that you buy for the badge.

It's built real well, it handles nicely (for a small 'SUV') it's got a good engine, and it's got more room than a C-sedan.  I don't see what's bad about it.   :huh:

I'd probably go with a Q5, but then again, I've only driven a Q5 for a total of 30 seconds...so...
2010 G-550  //  2019 GLS-550

the Teuton

Quote from: MX793 on April 02, 2010, 11:13:45 AM
I have a hard time even considering it an SUV.  It's more of a compact tall wagon, like a 1st gen Forrester (only perhaps smaller), than an SUV.

It looks like a Forester.

MexicoCityM3

If you think the GLK small, wait until you see the X1 in the flesh. It is basically a 5% larger 3 series touring.
Founder, BMW Car Club de México
http://bmwclub.org.mx
'05 M3 E46 6SPD Mystic Blue
'08 M5 E60 SMG  Space Grey
'11 1M E82 6SPD Sapphire Black
'16 GT4 (1/3rd Share lol)
'18 M3 CS
'16 X5 5.0i (Wife)
'14 MINI Cooper Countryman S Automatic (For Sale)

the Teuton

Oh yeah, I no longer hate the Caliber. I positively tolerate it.

The 2009 model, however...

S204STi

Jakob reminded me, I really hate Saturns, particularly the 90s plasticars.  Sorry dude. :lol:

Onslaught

Quote from: R-inge on April 03, 2010, 07:52:44 AM
Jakob reminded me, I really hate Saturns, particularly the 90s plasticars.  Sorry dude. :lol:
I do too. Some of the worst cars I've ever worked on. The very definition of disposable cars. You ever had to take the outer door panel off one after it had got a few years old? What a joke.

S204STi

I like how older cars just sort of shatter when they get hit.

Onslaught

Quote from: R-inge on April 03, 2010, 09:35:33 AM
I like how older cars just sort of shatter when they get hit.
Well they have plastic panels that get very brittle over time bolted together with bolts and J-nuts that rust like they've been in the ocean. So when you try and take it apart then things just snap left and right. I have to say that it's just shit. Only way you can work on anything in the inside of the door is to take the outer panel off and not the interior one like a normal car. So after a few years it's almost impossible to work on. That and they just feel so fucking cheap.

the Teuton

Y'all be haters.

Luckily, I have manual door locks and manual windows, so I r0xx0rs.