CTS-V Wagon!

Started by 2o6, March 29, 2010, 11:22:08 AM

SVT666

Why does the CTS-V have to look so tacky?  The standard CTS looks so much better.

2o6

I love the V-package's looks.

Catman

SVT666

Quote from: Catman on March 29, 2010, 05:48:22 PM
How is it tacky?
The chrome wire mesh grille.  They chrome the crap out of everything including the wheels.  Chrome is not in style anymore, but they keep doing it.  If all the chrome was black chrome or something other then chrome, it would be a lot nicer.  The front of the car just looks like they're trying too hard.  The standard CTS is much nicer looking.

Catman

Quote from: SVT666 on March 29, 2010, 05:57:53 PM
The chrome wire mesh grille.  They chrome the crap out of everything including the wheels.  Chrome is not in style anymore, but they keep doing it.  If all the chrome was black chrome or something other then chrome, it would be a lot nicer.  The front of the car just looks like they're trying too hard.  The standard CTS is much nicer looking.

I guess but I'm not seeing a huge amount of chrome.  I see what you mean by the front.

TBR

Quote from: SVT666 on March 29, 2010, 05:57:53 PM

Wheels look matte finished. The CTS-V actually has less chrome than the regular CTS:

the Teuton

I think the CTS is due for a refresh (something GM doesn't do too well in most cases).
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

SVT666

Quote from: TBR on March 29, 2010, 07:26:55 PM
Wheels look matte finished. The CTS-V actually has less chrome than the regular CTS:

I would like to see a lot less chrome on the regular CTS too.  The overall styling of the front clip is less fussy and cleaner.

cawimmer430

It looks awesome. Much cleaner than the sedan in my opinion. But then again, I usually prefer wagons over sedans - they look cooler.  :mrcool:

-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

hotrodalex

They should make a 2 door wagon. :rockon:

the Teuton

When I mentioned the NYIAS to my dad, the first thing he said was, "Yeah, Fox News was talking about a 190 mph Cadillac station wagon over there."

If they got my dad saying that, they've already won part of the media battle.
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!