2006 Subaru Impreza

Started by BMWDave, August 28, 2005, 08:11:34 PM

Raza

QuoteIt's not bad, but the STi does not need that damn roof spoiler.  Hell, the Spec C had the same rear wing as the standard WRX.
Yeah, that spoiler isn't really necessary unless you have a habit of driving over 110 MPH constantly.
It's still not necessary.  The regular one would do just fine.  Plus, you're not packing that much power, you have AWD, and they keep tacking on thing that create drag.
I don't believe the standard spoiler sits high enough to be terribly effective.
I don't think it really needs to be terribly effective.  Lip spoilers on many cars do a good enough job as is, and this roof spoiler and large rear wing is certainly only made to get younger kids pining after it because that's what their 96 Civic coupe looks like.  It's ridiculous.  These cop magnets are unnecessary, and precisely the reason I am not buying an STi come December.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

giant_mtb

QuoteIt's not bad, but the STi does not need that damn roof spoiler.  Hell, the Spec C had the same rear wing as the standard WRX.
Yeah, that spoiler isn't really necessary unless you have a habit of driving over 110 MPH constantly.
It's still not necessary.  The regular one would do just fine.  Plus, you're not packing that much power, you have AWD, and they keep tacking on thing that create drag.
I don't think it really needs to be terribly effective.  Lip spoilers on many cars do a good enough job as is, and this roof spoiler and large rear wing is certainly only made to get younger kids pining after it because that's what their 96 Civic coupe looks like.  It's ridiculous.  These cop magnets are unnecessary, and precisely the reason I am not buying an STi come December.
:(  

Secret Chimp

Quote from: BENZ BOY15 on January 02, 2014, 02:40:13 PM
That's a great local brewery that we have. Do I drink their beer? No.

Minpin

QuoteIt's not bad, but the STi does not need that damn roof spoiler.? Hell, the Spec C had the same rear wing as the standard WRX.
I'm sure most of the reason its so big is for looks,but it has to have some functional aerodynamic ability.  
?Do you expect me to talk?"
"No, Mr Bond. I expect you to die!?