Spy Shots: 07 Elantra

Started by ifcar, August 29, 2005, 05:22:00 AM

ifcar

http://www.thecarconnection.com/Enthusiast...S178.A9158.html

Spy Shots: ?07 Hyundai Elantra
Bigger, smoother moves for the mid-size Korean.

Hyundai's product line is in the midst of a full makeover, and its next-generation Elantra is one of the last models to be spotted on the test circuit.

We spotted the Elantra late last week as Hyundai brought a disguised prototype into the desert for its first hot-weather tests. Our photos of this camouflaged prototype reveal a completely new design that goes its own way compared to the recently released Sonata sedan.

Where the new Sonata is a crisp, chiseled design, the new Elantra is curvaceous, with softer, flowing forms. An upswept teardrop side-window-line looks to be more expressive and modern than the current model. The front and rear fenders appear to flow smoothly into the hood and rear deck. It appears that a sharp character line runs along the new Elantra's waistline that keeps the design from becoming too soft and blobby.

We managed to get out the measuring tape and get a quick read on the new Elantra, and it appears that the car will be larger than its predecessor. Our on-site measurement of the Elantra prototype revealed a wheelbase that's a tick over 104 inches, nearly two inches longer than the current car's 102.7-inch wheelbase. That increase should yield some additional interior space for passenger comfort.

BMWDave

It looks a little bloated...

2007 Honda S2000
OEM Hardtop, Rick's Ti Shift Knob, 17" Volk LE37ts coming soon...

Raghavan

mazda6er

I think it looks fine. The roofline is very similar to the Lacrosse.
--Mark
Quote from: R-inge on March 26, 2007, 06:26:46 PMMy dad used to rent Samurai.  He loves them good.

Co-President of the I Fought the Tree and the Tree Won Club | Official Spokesman of the"I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club
I had myself fooled into needing you, did I fool you too? -- Barenaked Ladies | Say it ain't so...your drug is a heart breaker -- Weezer

thewizard16

The trunk lid seems awkwardly high to me, but that could be added camo, too.
92 Camry XLE V6(Murdered)
99 ES 300 (Sold)
2008 Volkswagen Passat(Did not survive the winter)
2015 Lexus GS350 F-Sport

Quote from: Raza  link=topic=27909.msg1787179#msg1787179 date=1349117110
You're my age.  We're getting old.  Plus, now that you're married, your life expectancy has gone way down, since you're more likely to be poisoned by your wife.

CaseyNPham

It looks kind of Azera-ish to me.
Quoteand then caseyNpham got a 17 incher up his 'umbrella stand' and then he screamed like a little