Started by 280Z Turbo, April 30, 2010, 09:22:43 PM

This is a really important question:

Chevy
3 (15.8%)
GMC
16 (84.2%)

Total Members Voted: 16

GoCougs

GMC, owing to front end styling. Though no truck front end today looks good IMO, the GMC Sierra looks the least offensive (and Chevy the absolute worst).

the Teuton

Are you thinking what I'm thinking?
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

93JC

Quote from: the Teuton on May 01, 2010, 01:40:47 PM

I think so, but if they called them "Sad Meals" kids wouldn't buy them.

the Teuton

:lol:

Then we shall (be like Infiniti and) try to take over the world!
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

Gotta-Qik-C7

Quote from: the Teuton on May 01, 2010, 01:40:47 PM

Too bad Honda couldn't get it rite!   :devil:
2014 C7 Vert, 2002 Silverado, 2005 Road Glide

Tave

Y'know, everyone likes to poke fun at the RamBox, and it is a little humorous, but it's really just part of a larger effort of Dodge to offer built in storage boxes on the Ram. They permeate the entire truck; I believe it has something like over 20 compartments. I think it's awesome. You can carry a ton of gear--flashlights, chains, rope, clothes, sleeping bags, air compressor, tire kits, water, binoculars, gloves, etc--without any of it cluttering up the cabin. I think it'd be awesome if you did a lot of camping. Once you get it stocked, all you have to worry about packing is the stuff for that particular trip. Although you might have a problem remembering were all the secret stash spots are. :lol:

I haven't got a chance to take a good look at the RamBox, so I don't know how it good it could service our work trucks. I suspect that, while it might carry the equipment in out sideboxes, it couldn't replace the frontbox, and since it runs all the way to the cab, we wouldn't get much use out of it.
As I write, highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me.

Quote from: thecarnut on March 16, 2008, 10:33:43 AM
Depending on price, that could be a good deal.

Eye of the Tiger

I think it's great that even the little Rambox compartments have internal latch releases, just in case somebody decides to stuff a kid or a midget in one of them. :lol:
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

SVT666

Quote from: Eye of the Tiger on May 03, 2010, 08:50:31 AM
I think it's great that even the little Rambox compartments have internal latch releases, just in case somebody decides to stuff a kid or a midget in one of them. :lol:
It's big enough.  I can't find it right now, but I saw a picture of an 8 year old boy laying inside one.

Colonel Cadillac

I'd go with the Suburban unless I was going all the way up to the LTZ, in which the Yukon XL Denali is only slightly more expensive, and has a ton more power so I'd chose that over the LTZ Suburban.

The pickup trucks on the other hand, GMC all the way.

hotrodalex

Quote from: SVT666 on May 03, 2010, 09:51:00 AM
It's big enough.  I can't find it right now, but I saw a picture of an 8 year old boy laying inside one.

I got a new fridge and it says that when you get rid of your old one you should be careful as it might be a health hazard if someone got stuck in it. :lol: Maybe someone could fit if all the shelves were taken out, but still. And it shouldn't be too hard to kick the door open.. (I should have experimented!)

Rupert

Quote from: Tave on May 03, 2010, 08:34:41 AM
Y'know, everyone likes to poke fun at the RamBox, and it is a little humorous, but it's really just part of a larger effort of Dodge to offer built in storage boxes on the Ram. They permeate the entire truck; I believe it has something like over 20 compartments. I think it's awesome. You can carry a ton of gear--flashlights, chains, rope, clothes, sleeping bags, air compressor, tire kits, water, binoculars, gloves, etc--without any of it cluttering up the cabin. I think it'd be awesome if you did a lot of camping. Once you get it stocked, all you have to worry about packing is the stuff for that particular trip. Although you might have a problem remembering were all the secret stash spots are. :lol:

I haven't got a chance to take a good look at the RamBox, so I don't know how it good it could service our work trucks. I suspect that, while it might carry the equipment in out sideboxes, it couldn't replace the frontbox, and since it runs all the way to the cab, we wouldn't get much use out of it.

Yeah, I love having places to put my standard tools, chains, oil, tow rope etc. I hate having that crap floating around the back...
Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.
PRO TENACIA NULLA VIA EST INVIA

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: Rupert on May 04, 2010, 10:34:53 PM
Yeah, I love having places to put my standard tools, chains, oil, tow rope etc. I hate having that crap floating around the back...

That's what goes in the xtended cab, mang

Minpin

Quote from: Rupert on May 04, 2010, 10:34:53 PM

They do sell tool boxes for that reason. They are really handy, and they lock so faggotrey won't steal yourself.
?Do you expect me to talk?"
"No, Mr Bond. I expect you to die!?

Rupert

Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.

Minpin

Quote from: Rupert on May 05, 2010, 12:45:22 AM
<-- SUV

OH. Well, I figured we were talking about your work truck, since it was a thread about trucks....

I bet they make some kind of boxes for ess you vees as well though.

Rupert

Meh, I don't wanna have shit in a box in the back anymore than I want it banging about. I like making use of the empty places in the body for storage, if only they would put some doors in there.

For my work truck, we have to have a shovel, Pulaski, saw, etc. in the back, so there isn't much chance of consolidating all that into a nice little box. Besides, boxes = $, and the taxpayers don't it when we spend $. :lol:

Minpin

Quote from: Rupert on May 05, 2010, 01:24:28 AM
Meh, I don't wanna have shit in a box in the back anymore than I want it banging about. I like making use of the empty places in the body for storage, if only they would put some doors in there.

For my work truck, we have to have a shovel, Pulaski, saw, etc. in the back, so there isn't much chance of consolidating all that into a nice little box. Besides, boxes = $, and the taxpayers don't it when we spend $. :lol:

Roger. They are great beer transporting devices however. My buddy's toolbox on his Colorado fits a snug 14 cases.

Worth it right there.  :partyon:

sportyaccordy

Ever since I was about 8 and spent that year in Kentucky I've always been partial to GMCs. Chevys just seem so.... commoner. GMCs are rarer and seem to either be better equipped or built for a purpose.

Rupert

I don't think you can use the word "rare" in this context... It's like saying KMart is better than Wal Mart because KMart is rarer.

Tave

Unless I really think about it, the Chevy-GMC separation doesn't even register with me. I just look at either one and think, "Oh, it's a GM truck."
As I write, highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me.

Quote from: thecarnut on March 16, 2008, 10:33:43 AM
Depending on price, that could be a good deal.

SVT666

Eye of the Tiger

TBR

The GMCs have almost always looked better (the exception being when the previous generation first came out) so they get my vote.

68_427

That is the Denali respectively, but the front end on any model is more appealing than the Chevy counterpart.
Quotewhere were you when automotive dream died
i was sat at home drinking brake fluid when wife ring
'racecar is die'
no