This is a really important question:

Chevy
3 (15.8%)
GMC
16 (84.2%)

Total Members Voted: 16

280Z Turbo

the Teuton

I'd rather have a GMC with 4-wheel steering or an Envoy XUV.
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

J86

gmc all the way baby.  huge difference.  wouldnt even be caught dead in a chevy.  what pices of shit.  gmcs on the other hand are the pinnacle of truck engineering.  we are professional grade!

280Z Turbo

Quote from: J86 on April 30, 2010, 09:25:49 PM
gmc all the way baby.  huge difference.  wouldnt even be caught dead in a chevy.  what pices of shit.  gmcs on the other hand are the pinnacle of truck engineering.  we are professional grade!

You idiot. If I ever see you I'll shoot with the gun on the gun rack on the back of my Chevy.

Jon?

I like the Acadia, therefore I vote GMC, although I like the Enclave better so I write in 'Buick'.

Current Rides: 2011 VW Golf TDi, 2008 Pontiac Vibe

Eye of the Tiger

GMC's are the heavy-duty, and better quality versions of Chevys. Why is a Sonoma an S-15 while a Chevy is an S-10? Duh, becsuse the GMC is better in every way. Professional grade.
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

280Z Turbo

:lol:

This thread was a joke, but it brings up an interesting point. People do have a preference. Maybe this is why GM chose to keep a redundant brand even though nobody else in the car business has such a thing.

I wonder if anyone has done a cost/benefit analysis of badge engineering.

2o6

Quote from: 280Z Turbo on April 30, 2010, 09:36:45 PM

This thread was a joke, but it brings up an interesting point. People do have a preference. Maybe this is why GM chose to keep a redundant brand even though nobody else in the car business has such a thing.

It isn't that redundant. GM trucks are styled differently than their Chevy cousins. For example, why buy a SEAT Ibiza when the Polo is the same thing? Why buy a Polo when a Fabia is cheaper? Why buy an Elantra when the Forte is basically the same car? Why a Rio over an Accent?

Styling is a preference.

the Teuton

I believe Bob Lutz said it would be fucking nuts to get rid of GMC. The task force wanted to until GM showed them it was a hulking cash cow of a brand.

Oh yeah, Acadia >> Traverse.
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

280Z Turbo

The question for me is why doesn't Ford sell the F-150 as a Mercury? Why doesn't Chrysler sell Chrysler trucks?

Why doesn't ever car company make a duplicate of every car they already sell and change the styling to appeal to different people?

2o6

Quote from: 280Z Turbo on April 30, 2010, 09:45:26 PM
The question for me is why doesn't Ford sell the F-150 as a Mercury? Why doesn't Chrysler sell Chrysler trucks?

Why doesn't ever car company make a duplicate of every car they already sell and change the styling to appeal to different people?

Because the market decides what it wants, and GMC works.

the Teuton

S204STi

Quote from: 2o6 on April 30, 2010, 09:41:31 PM

It isn't that redundant. GM trucks are styled differently than their Chevy cousins. For example, why buy a SEAT Ibiza when the Polo is the same thing? Why buy a Polo when a Fabia is cheaper? Why buy an Elantra when the Forte is basically the same car? Why a Rio over an Accent?

Styling is a preference.

Yeah but the question was which is better built not, which do you prefer.   

Obviously they're both built by chimps in the UAW, and we all know what chimps are good for.  That's right, ripping faces.  That's pretty much it.

SVT_Power

I chose GMC.

Just to spite you Sean.

:evildude:
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

280Z Turbo

Is

cost of buyers who would not transfer to Chevy > cost to restyle, restamp, remold all those GMC parts and manage a seperate brand

Jon?

Quote from: R-inge on April 30, 2010, 09:50:13 PM

Obviously they're both built by chimps in the UAW, and we all know what chimps are good for.  That's right, ripping faces throwing poo.  That's pretty much it.

Fixed.

2o6

Quote from: 280Z Turbo on April 30, 2010, 09:51:44 PM
Is

cost of buyers who would not transfer to Chevy > cost to restyle, restamp, remold all those GMC parts and manage a seperate brand

Why do we have a Sportage and a Tuscon?

SVT_Power

Question is, what is our resident chimp (charleh) good for? Being the anti-bro hipster?
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

the Teuton

How about this: Which would make you cool if you were a doctor and didn't want a 'Slade?

My friend's dad is a gyno and he drives a Yukon Denali. Benzie's dad drives a 'Burban.

the Teuton

If nothing else, this is kinda cool.

Jon?

I'd go Yukon.  The front grill is butch.

Gotta-Qik-C7

I always like the GMC better than the Chevy.
2014 C7 Vert, 2002 Silverado, 2005 Road Glide

SVT666

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: the Teuton on April 30, 2010, 09:58:08 PM
How about this: Which would make you cool if you were a doctor and didn't want a 'Slade?

My friend's dad is a gyno and he drives a Yukon Denali. Benzie's dad drives a 'Burban.

More proof of GMC's clear superiority. :praise:

Rupert

Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.
PRO TENACIA NULLA VIA EST INVIA

MX793

I've heard it said more than once that GMCs are just Chevys with lock washers, implying that the GMC is slightly better built.  However, I honestly doubt there's much truth to it (maybe there was 30 years ago).  There are differences between GM sister models that are built in different plants.  The Buick W-based cars tend to fare better in quality surveys than their Chevy or Pontiac counterparts which were built in different plants, for example.  Not sure if there are separate plants for the Chevy and GMC lines, though.
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

Onslaught

I knew a guy who loved him a lincoln. But hated them there Fords.

MX793

Quote from: Onslaught on May 01, 2010, 06:53:30 AM
I knew a guy who loved him a lincoln. But hated them there Fords.

I knew someone who thought Fords were junk, but had no problem buying Mercuries.
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

Eye of the Tiger

How many Chevys have 261,000 miles and are still running? That's what my GMC has. It's not just the lock washers, it's about strength, pride, quality, integrity, and family values. That's what GMC is all about.

ChrisV

Quote from: 280Z Turbo on April 30, 2010, 09:45:26 PM

Like a fine Detroit wine, this vehicle has aged to budgetary perfection...