Supercars

Started by SVT666, May 12, 2010, 03:25:28 PM

Laconian

Having three seats is a tacit acknowledgement that F1 owners are likely to bring home more than one supermodel at a time. They are practical.
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

the Teuton

Quote from: Laconian on May 24, 2010, 11:03:39 AM
Having three seats is a tacit acknowledgement that F1 owners are likely to bring home more than one supermodel at a time. They are practical.

And conscious of the environment, too. Having to make a second trip to pick up your other girlfriend has to be a little burdensome at the gas pump.
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

BimmerM3

You guys clearly haven't seen Batman Begins.

(I couldn't find the scene in English, but you get the point.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oga4a7OLMT0

hotrodalex

Quote from: BimmerM3 on May 24, 2010, 03:24:42 PM
You guys clearly haven't seen Batman Begins.

(I couldn't find the scene in English, but you get the point.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oga4a7OLMT0

:lol:

Middle_Path

Quote from: hotrodalex on May 23, 2010, 07:04:41 PM

Actually, I don't think true supercars should have any extra seats at all. They should just have the driver's seat. Passengers are just compromises, they add weight and distract you. True supercars would never include such things.

That reminds me when I was learning to auto-x. I was fast, but this one track I couldn't perfect. I asked a heavy set instructor to ride with me. He said fine, warned me that my times would be slower, and the car would handle way off due to the extra weight. I ignored him and come a few laps later we pitted. Sure as shit, he did help my lines/brake points, but the car wouldn't corner for shit with his 250lb ass next to me. Tripped me out the first time.

Don't know how he fit into that 914 of his.
You see what happens when you find a stranger in the Alps?!!

ChrisV

Quote from: Middle_Path on May 26, 2010, 01:17:38 AM
That reminds me when I was learning to auto-x. I was fast, but this one track I couldn't perfect. I asked a heavy set instructor to ride with me. He said fine, warned me that my times would be slower, and the car would handle way off due to the extra weight. I ignored him and come a few laps later we pitted. Sure as shit, he did help my lines/brake points, but the car wouldn't corner for shit with his 250lb ass next to me. Tripped me out the first time.

Don't know how he fit into that 914 of his.

As a counterpoint, I found that having a 100-110lb female in the passenger seat in an autocross tended to balance the car out perfectly, making it easier to go faster. Of course the possible attempts to impress may have helped as well... ;)
Like a fine Detroit wine, this vehicle has aged to budgetary perfection...

Pommes-T

I didn't read any posts except the first one, but I agree with that one. And I must add one thing: If there was the invention of a time machine I'd travel back to 1955 and buy a Mercedes 300 SL and hammer that baby over the empty Autobahnen with 260 km/h. Nobody would even go half as fast as I go. Now that's a supecar!  :wub:
'00 BMW 523i

Middle_Path

Quote from: ChrisV on May 26, 2010, 02:00:13 PM
As a counterpoint, I found that having a 100-110lb female in the passenger seat in an autocross tended to balance the car out perfectly, making it easier to go faster. Of course the possible attempts to impress may have helped as well... ;)

:mrcool:  Anything to get up a girls skirt. It gives any man superpowers and I hope it worked for you.
You see what happens when you find a stranger in the Alps?!!

ChrisV

Quote from: Middle_Path on May 27, 2010, 01:52:25 AM
:mrcool:  Anything to get up a girls skirt. It gives any man superpowers and I hope it worked for you.

It's the car. Chicks dig the car.
Like a fine Detroit wine, this vehicle has aged to budgetary perfection...

Raza

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.