Just bought...

Started by Champ, September 01, 2005, 10:50:15 AM

Champ

this: Link

on Saabnet.com everyone has been using these on their Viggen's, and not one person was dis-pleased with the results.  Almost everyone said it "reduced" or "eliminated" torque steer, and made the car handle and track much better.  Looking forward to installing, everyone said 30-60 minutes in you're driveway.

apparently saab used squishy rubber bushings to attach the steering rack to the firewall and under hard acceleration it moves all about.  I'll let you guys know how it goes, I expect it to arrive on Tuesday or Wednesday (not sure what will happen with this long weekend).

giant_mtb

Cool buy!   B)  Relatively inexpensive, as well.

cozmik

When I was at Saabtoberfest last year, I had heard several people speak of these, and all said they improvements were great.  :)  

2006 BMW 330xi. 6 Speed, Sport Package. Gone are the RFTs! Toyo Proxes 4 in their place

Raza

QuoteWhen I was at Saabtoberfest last year, I had heard several people speak of these, and all said they improvements were great.  :)
Saabtoberfest?  

I need to go to that.  
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

cozmik

QuoteWhen I was at Saabtoberfest last year, I had heard several people speak of these, and all said they improvements were great.  :)
Saabtoberfest?  

I need to go to that.
It takes place in Wilkes-Barre, so if you know someone with a Saab for you to borrow, then it's pretty good fun.  B)  :rockon:

I actually got the new tires in preparation for it.  :ph34r:

2006 BMW 330xi. 6 Speed, Sport Package. Gone are the RFTs! Toyo Proxes 4 in their place

TBR

Matt, what transmission does your car have?

cozmik

QuoteMatt, what transmission does your car have?
Sentronic.

TBR

That is what I was remembering, too bad.

cozmik

QuoteThat is what I was remembering, too bad.
Gee, thanks.  :angry:  

Secret Chimp

Jesus, you're a dickhead.

Quote from: BENZ BOY15 on January 02, 2014, 02:40:13 PM
That's a great local brewery that we have. Do I drink their beer? No.

Raghavan

Jesus, you're a dickhead.
^what he said^ :angry:  

Champ

FINALLY got it, took 2 weeks and 1 day.  I'll be installing this tonight and I'll update this thread to let everyone know how it is.  :D

mazda6er

Gee, thanks.  :angry:
I don't think Tim meant it like that.  :)  
--Mark
Quote from: R-inge on March 26, 2007, 06:26:46 PMMy dad used to rent Samurai.  He loves them good.

Co-President of the I Fought the Tree and the Tree Won Club | Official Spokesman of the"I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club
I had myself fooled into needing you, did I fool you too? -- Barenaked Ladies | Say it ain't so...your drug is a heart breaker -- Weezer

Raza

QuoteWhen I was at Saabtoberfest last year, I had heard several people speak of these, and all said they improvements were great.  :)
Saabtoberfest?  

I need to go to that.
It takes place in Wilkes-Barre, so if you know someone with a Saab for you to borrow, then it's pretty good fun.  B)  :rockon:

I actually got the new tires in preparation for it.  :ph34r:
Wilkes-Barre?  That's not too far from here, I don't think.  The god-awful no-talent Phillies have a Scranton-Wilkes Barre minor league teams.  

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Champ

INSTALLED:  This is fricken amazing.  Steering is much more accurate.  95% of torque steer GONE.  If you hammer it going straight line or coming out of a turn the wheel stays where it was.

The steering now feels more connected to the road, you get alot more feedback.  Corner exits are faster, this is just awesome :P

anyways, well worth the $150.

280Z Turbo

Sounds like you got your money's worth!

ifcar

Is there no downside? If there isn't, I don't see why Saab didn't sell the cars like that.

Raghavan

QuoteINSTALLED:  This is fricken amazing.  Steering is much more accurate.  95% of torque steer GONE.  If you hammer it going straight line or coming out of a turn the wheel stays where it was.

The steering now feels more connected to the road, you get alot more feedback.  Corner exits are faster, this is just awesome :P

anyways, well worth the $150.
nice! :praise:  

280Z Turbo

QuoteIs there no downside? If there isn't, I don't see why Saab didn't sell the cars like that.
Oversight by engineers? Cost? Who knows.

Sometimes you DO get something for nothing, especially on older cars.

For example, there is no downside (in ride or handling) to replacing the original shocks with Tokicos on my car. The Tokicos are just inherently better.

Raghavan

QuoteIs there no downside? If there isn't, I don't see why Saab didn't sell the cars like that.
Oversight by engineers? Cost? Who knows.

Sometimes you DO get something for nothing, especially on older cars.

For example, there is no downside (in ride or handling) to replacing the original shocks with Tokicos on my car. The Tokicos are just inherently better.
didja replace the shocks?

280Z Turbo

I'd like to, but not yet.

Raza

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

Champ

No downside.  Apparently saab wanted the steering to feel light, similar to lexus.  A very dead feel.  This may be kind of acceptable on the regular ones, but they should have changed it for the "high performance" version.  The steering is exactly the same as the regular 9-3's.

Everyone on the saab forums really has no idea why Saab didn't do it in the first place, most people saw it as an oversight.

cozmik

Glad to hear it is as good as it has been said to be!  :)