Two new traffic violations

Started by Morris Minor, July 01, 2010, 01:16:21 PM

Morris Minor

Following a very frustrating drive into work this morning, I propose the following.

DWDA: Driving Without Due Alacrity - 1 point  - $150.
This is designed to punish people who drive at irrationally low speeds: hindering the progress of others and displaying timidity sufficient to lead a reasonable person to suspect the offender's driving competence. Law enforcement officers will be encouraged to use their discretion in deciding whether to combine this with a second new violation...

DWIS: Driving With Insufficient Stature (1 point - $150).
As the title suggests, this is designed to keep short people away from the controls of automobiles and in passenger seats, or child seats as appropriate, where they belong.
⏤  '10 G37 | '21 CX-5 GT Reserve  ⏤
''Simplicity is Complexity Resolved'' - Constantin Brâncuși

Raza

I'm down with the first one, but what's short to you?
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

RomanChariot

It sounds like he got stuck behind a little old blue hair going 10mph while looking through the steering wheel.  My guess is she was driving a '67 Town Car.

James Young

Too short is when you are looking through the steering wheel.  my son once saw a Beverly Hills blue-hair looking through the wheel and just over the dash, headed down Wilshire toward Sta Monica, arguably the busiest urban intersection in the world.  Scary stuff.
Freedom is dangerous.  You can either accept the risks that come with it or eventually lose it all step-by-step.  Each step will be justified by its proponents as a minor inconvenience that will help make us all "safer."  Personally, I'd rather have a slightly more dangerous world that respects freedom more. ? The Speed Criminal

GoCougs

At least on my commute - DWDA is a main contributor to unsafe roads. It's a real Mad Max situation as people try to get around the offender. And the further one drives south (demographics drop) the worse it gets.

Raza

Quote from: GoCougs on July 01, 2010, 02:32:09 PM
At least on my commute - DWDA is a main contributor to unsafe roads. It's a real Mad Max situation as people try to get around the offender. And the further one drives south (demographics drop) the worse it gets.

Yeah, I feel you there.  What's worse is when it's on surface streets, since there's no way around the fuckers.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Colonel Cadillac

Quote from: GoCougs on July 01, 2010, 02:32:09 PM

People are so slow down here!! There are some roads where I can safely and easily go 35 MPH and people legitimately drive 20.  :lockedup:

On the highway on the other hand, people drive 70--everyone drives 70--and it's really easy to go around them since everyone's going the same speed!

RomanChariot

Quote from: Colonel Cadillac on July 01, 2010, 03:08:53 PM

People are so slow down here!! There are some roads where I can safely and easily go 35 MPH and people legitimately drive 20.  :lockedup:

On the highway on the other hand, people drive 70--everyone drives 70--and it's really easy to go around them since everyone's going the same speed!

Sometimes that is the worst situation.  Nothing is worse than when you have three lanes of traffic on the freeway all going the same speed so you can't get around anybody.  This situation is usually caused by a highway patrol officer sitting in the left lane going exactly the speed limit.  Maybe the officer should give himself a ticket for left lane camping since there is usually a mile of empty freeway in front of him.