GTCC #759

Started by Colin, July 05, 2010, 02:48:11 AM

Colin

Apologies all - completely forgot that the onus was on me to come with a new one here.

This one should be quite straight forward.... but then I've said that before and stumped you all, and posted really obscure stuff and someone gets it first go....

Rupert

Wacky Triumph TR with a hardtop?
Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.
PRO TENACIA NULLA VIA EST INVIA

Rupert

Oh, that's not a Triumph badge...
Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.

Colin

Correct, in that it is not a Triumph badge, or even a Triumph motor car.

Rupert

It was the fenders and the wheels that made me think TR4 or -6...

Uh, wasn't there some kind of Morgan concept back in the day that didn't fall into their tradition? I get a real British feel, which is why I think I should know it. :lol:

Colin

It's not a concept....... full production car.

Morris Minor

Well, I think the badge says "Morgan" From the registration it's 1964. Never seen this before.
⏤  '10 G37 | '21 CX-5 GT Reserve  ⏤
''Simplicity is Complexity Resolved'' - Constantin Brâncuși

Colin

So, what is it, then?

1964 would indeed be correct....... and yes, you probably haven't ever seen one before, as only 26 were made.

Rupert

Colin

Indeed it is!

Morgan's failed experiment to build a more modern car. Launched in 1963, they sold precisely 26, before abandoning the idea for a further 40 years or so when they launched the Aero 8.

I saw three in one day at the Morgan Centenary celebrations at Cheltenham racecourse, last year, one of which was this car which was at Shelsley Walsh last weekend (where I took the pic).

Over to you, Rupert.