***Cars from M?hldorf*** Part 5

Started by cawimmer430, September 02, 2005, 08:05:43 AM

cawimmer430

More pics. [::)]

White W210 E320...looks classy.

Triumph TR7. Alright, hand over the information. [:P]

BMW 2002

W111 Mercedes 220S "Heckflosse" (Fintail)

W164 M-Class Advertisement

CLS55 AMG: friggin sexy! [:o]

Cadillac limo for a wedding couple. The chauffeur told me they stopped because the newly weds wanted to "smoke". Germans...no hope...[8)] You'll even see the bride...not a bad looking girl...on the outside. Inside, it's a different story... [:P] So what Caddy is this? 4.1-l V8 with 115-hp and FWD?

Accident W211 E-Class....

Getting the 5-speed automatic transmission checked / fixed...

Next to ^this^ E-Class, a fully loaded S55 AMG that was getting new brakes because the owner abused them so much on the Autobahn. Mr. Schultz also told me that the owner of this S55 AMG had the 155 mph speed limiter removed! [:o]

Two Chrysler Voyagers from different era. The diesel engine pictured is from the Voyager on the ground...

Abandoned Opel Corsa

Civilian Viano on the left, commercial Viano (called "Vito") on the right....

Manual transmission E270 CDI T-Modell... finding 1st, 2nd and R was a pain.

Beautiful Beautiful UGLY

C107 SLC coupe...the 70's had cool colors, but this one isn't cool at all.... (oh yeah, look at that: FRANKIE LOVES MB! [:praise:])

What the!? BMW E60 5-series on the Mercedes parking lot. Get that SPY out of there! [:P]

CLS55 AMG....

Mercedes Vito

Mazda RX-8

Awwwww.....how....how....how...fugly! [:knockout:]

Mercedes E200 Kompressor Classic with SPORTS PACKAGE: I parked it there. [:praise:]

Cheap trim level '06 VW Passat

This may have been the A150 where I made some videos before it was registered....

CLS500...sexy

Always liked these Lancia Kappa's...

W168 A-Class...exposed!

S202 C-Class Emergency Vehicle

E400 CDI!!! [:o] V8 CDI diesel....sh*tload of torque!

An old Benz truck....

Land Rover Discovery

Peugeot 407's

Check out the size of the biggest Actros V8 diesel: the mechanic on it looks tiny!

Check out this Trabant: some Mercedes employee converted it into a "jeep" something. [:bigsmile:]

23" rims on this Cayenne Turbo! [:o]

This Porsche must have been driving so fast, his rear lights and bumper flew off! JD Powers won't be pleased.... [:P]

Was this a Pontiac Bonneville?

Classic trim level E220 CDI estate TAXI...in the last picture, you can see that Classic has NO EXTERIOR CHROME.

Lastly, what kind of Mercedes is this? It was in the Benz showroom in Bad Reichenhall. [:bigsmile:]

Hope you liked them. [:)]
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

BMWDave

Very nice pictures :)  Was the LR3 the same one that you posted in other threads, that belongs to a restaraunt owner or something?

2007 Honda S2000
OEM Hardtop, Rick's Ti Shift Knob, 17" Volk LE37ts coming soon...

Raghavan

For some reason today the CLS looks really hot and sexy.

Champ

cawimmer430

God damn piece of shit keyboard. I can't wait until this POS 10 year old machine is replaced. The damn CTRL + C keys work like sh*t which explains why some of the pics are posted double.

Anyway, corrections.

220S Heckflosse first shot....

Civilian and commercial Viano / Vito

Pontiac Bonneville (???)

CLS55 AMG interior shot through glass...

Beautiful Beautiful UGLY first picture....

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de

cawimmer430

QuoteVery nice pictures :)  Was the LR3 the same one that you posted in other threads, that belongs to a restaraunt owner or something?
The restaurant owner (Italian) had the predecessor model. ;)

Good memory Dave.  :lol:  

www.wimmerfotografie.de

cawimmer430

QuoteFor some reason today the CLS looks really hot and sexy.
AS ALWAYS YOU MEAN?  :lol:  :P  

www.wimmerfotografie.de

BMWDave

QuoteVery nice pictures :)  Was the LR3 the same one that you posted in other threads, that belongs to a restaraunt owner or something?

Yea, once I see stuff, I dont usually forget them, if I make a mental note of them.  I have a very good memory, I remember stuff from when I was extremely young.  Its kind of scary.  

2007 Honda S2000

cawimmer430

www.wimmerfotografie.de

cawimmer430

QuoteVery nice pictures :)? Was the LR3 the same one that you posted in other threads, that belongs to a restaraunt owner or something?

Yea, once I see stuff, I dont usually forget them, if I make a mental note of them.  I have a very good memory, I remember stuff from when I was extremely young.  Its kind of scary.
It's kinda the same story here. But I love my friends stuff about long ago and they're like "Oh my God, you still remember that!?"  :P

BTW, what do you know about that BMW 2002ti? I could used some facts only a BMW-fan would know about that car for www.automobear.com.  ;)  

www.wimmerfotografie.de

BMWDave

QuoteVery nice pictures :)? Was the LR3 the same one that you posted in other threads, that belongs to a restaraunt owner or something?

It's kinda the same story here. But I love my friends stuff about long ago and they're like "Oh my God, you still remember that!?"  :P

BTW, what do you know about that BMW 2002ti? I could used some facts only a BMW-fan would know about that car for www.automobear.com.  ;)
Sure, no problem :)

It had an inline water cooled 4 cylinder.  It made 120 hp at about 5500 rpm. it had either a 3 speed auto or 4 speed manual. 16,448 units were made 1968-1971.  It could reach a top speed of 150 mph.

2007 Honda S2000

BMWDave

The 2002ti was the early high performance variation of 2002. The ti designation stood for "touring international" and the most important variation from the standard car was the replacement of the single barrel Solex carb with a pair of Solex twin barrel side draughts. This same engine found it's way into the 2000CS coupe and the 2000ti sedan.

For those that care the only obvious way to tell that the above is a ti rather than the standard '02 is the grill badge barely visible behind the driver's side driving light.

2007 Honda S2000

cawimmer430

Wow, I'm impressed. Thanks for the info. Now, what can you tell me about that Mercedes 220S Heckflosse?  :lol:  :P  

www.wimmerfotografie.de

BMWDave

QuoteWow, I'm impressed. Thanks for the info. Now, what can you tell me about that Mercedes 220S Heckflosse?  :lol:  :P
Oh, you just reminded me.  Check your S Class coupe testdrive thread, I spotted a really rare mercedes (I didnt get a picture :( but I found pictures of what I think it is that I saw.)  Can you check over there? B)

"The 4 door Heckflosse models were produced from 1959 until 1968, these are also called W110, W111 and W112 by Mercedes-Benz. They were known to the public as 190, 190D, 220, 220S, 220SE, 300 SE and 300SE LWB (Long Wheel Base), after 1965 they were replaced by the 200, 200D, 230 and 230S. The 220 SE was replaced by the 250SE (W108), the 300 SE and SE LWB by the new W108 and W109 300 models.  

The 2 door models were produced from 1961 until 1971, these are also called W111 and W112 by Mercedes-Benz. They were known to the public as 220SE, 250SE, 300 SE, 280SE and 280SE 3,5 Coupי and Convertible. Mercedes didn't really had a suitable successor for the 2 door models, you might mention the SLC models as successor of the 2 door models..

Why the name Heckflosse ?
You might have heard that some cars are known under a nickname. Well, the name Heckflosse, or Fintail in English speaking countries, is just a nickname given to this type of Mercedes. Because these cars show American influences, in this case the little 'fins' on their back (though in comparison with the ones found on the Americans these fins are barely noticeable), people started calling them Heckflossen. It must be said that the name is not officialy given by Mercedes-Benz. The word Heckflosse is simply the German translation of the word Fintail, 'Heck' means 'tail' and 'flosse' means 'fin'

The 2 door models can't really deserve the nickname Heckflosse because the Coupיs and Convertibles lack the prominent 'fins' on the rear but they do share some mechanical elements with their 4 door sedan brothers and sisters so that's why they are welcome here on The Heckflosse Homepage.

The name Heckflosse is mostly used in Germany but also in my own country: the Netherlands.  

Other nicknames include variations on the Fintail name like : the 'Finny generation' or 'Finbacks'. In my own country, the name 'staartvin' is sometimes used to describe these cars. Again here, the name 'staartvin' is just a translation of the name Heckflosse.
"

2007 Honda S2000

cawimmer430

I was only kidding about the 220S, but thanks for the info nonetheless.  :lol:

www.wimmerfotografie.de

BMWDave

QuoteI was only kidding about the 220S, but thanks for the info nonetheless.  :lol:
No problemo :lol:  

2007 Honda S2000

280Z Turbo

The only time I've seen a TR7, was in a junkyard, rotting away.

I asked a friend about that car and he told me it was another unreliable, british POS. He said the letters stood for "Try #7".

After "Try #8" they just gave up. ;) :lol:

Colonel Cadillac

MaxPower

i think that Pontiac you spied was sold as a Eagle in the US.  It's a previous body style Dodge Intrepid rebadge.  I'm not sure of the exact model name though.

Tom

Very nice shots as always!  The Caddy looks to be an extended Fleetwood Brougham.  Depending on the year it is either a 5.0 or Corvete-derived 5.7, both with RWD.  Most likely a 5.7.

TBR

Quotei think that Pontiac you spied was sold as a Eagle in the US.  It's a previous body style Dodge Intrepid rebadge.  I'm not sure of the exact model name though.
Vision I believe.

280Z Turbo

Eagle Vision is right.

Here's a pic of the Pontiac Bonneville you were thinking of:

cawimmer430

QuoteThe only time I've seen a TR7, was in a junkyard, rotting away.

I asked a friend about that car and he told me it was another unreliable, british POS. He said the letters stood for "Try #7".

After "Try #8" they just gave up. ;) :lol:
^British Humor I assume.^ :P  

www.wimmerfotografie.de

cawimmer430

QuoteOoo that CLS 55 is soo sexy.
I was having a seizure just looking at it. The CLS is just so stunning in real life. Everytime I got to drive one, I enjoyed every second of it.  B)  

www.wimmerfotografie.de

cawimmer430

Quotei think that Pontiac you spied was sold as a Eagle in the US.  It's a previous body style Dodge Intrepid rebadge.  I'm not sure of the exact model name though.
Yep, the folks on C&D tell me it was sold as "Eagle Vision" in the US, and "Chrysler Vision" in Europe. Looked like a Bonneville to me though...I was pretty far away and took the shot with maximum zoom.  ;)  

www.wimmerfotografie.de

cawimmer430

QuoteVery nice shots as always!  The Caddy looks to be an extended Fleetwood Brougham.  Depending on the year it is either a 5.0 or Corvete-derived 5.7, both with RWD.  Most likely a 5.7.
Thanks. Sadly, the Caddy wasn't "Classy Pearlescent White". I wanted PMC to be happy.  :lol:  

www.wimmerfotografie.de

cawimmer430

Eagle Vision is right.

Here's a pic of the Pontiac Bonneville you were thinking of:
Thanks for clearing that up. The Chrysler Vision looked also similar to GM4Life's (C&D member) Bonneville...at least in pictures. ;)  

www.wimmerfotografie.de