"Ford Iosis" Concept Car

Started by cawimmer430, September 03, 2005, 07:05:57 AM

cawimmer430

Pics from www.autobild.de. Ford is displaying this car at the IAA. BTW, the car looks like "a future Mazda RX-8". I see a lot of design cues from the RX here, but that's not surprising since Ford owns Mazda. Just thought the pics would be interesting. Personally, I think it looks pretty good.

The doors are interesting and cool.  :rockon:

The interior, wacky.  :o

-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

ifcar

There definitely is some RX8 in that car, it's very attractive. I do hate the interior, but very few concepts have normal interiors that make it anywhere close to production.

cawimmer430

QuoteThere definitely is some RX8 in that car, it's very attractive. I do hate the interior, but very few concepts have normal interiors that make it anywhere close to production.
Good to know about the interior. Though I have to admit that steering wheel looks badass. It would be great for a new "Knight Rider" TV series.  :lol:  

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de

Catman

That's a car with a unique look, I like it.

TBR

Wow, that is sexy! My only complaint is the headlights look like they belong to an Infiniti. What are the chances of production? What platform is it on?

ifcar

You think Infiniti? I was thinking Lexus. <_<

thewizard16

QuoteYou think Infiniti? I was thinking Lexus. <_<
I was thinking Lexus headlights, RX8 side profile, Aston Martin curves. Very attractive combination, really. Interior, like most concepts, is odd, but interesting. (Not appealing, though)
92 Camry XLE V6(Murdered)
99 ES 300 (Sold)
2008 Volkswagen Passat(Did not survive the winter)
2015 Lexus GS350 F-Sport

Quote from: Raza  link=topic=27909.msg1787179#msg1787179 date=1349117110
You're my age.  We're getting old.  Plus, now that you're married, your life expectancy has gone way down, since you're more likely to be poisoned by your wife.

Colonel Cadillac

Sweet looking car, but I can see the Jaguar emblem on it rather than the blue oval.  

Raza

Looks like a cross between an RX-8, Vanquish, and XK.  

Pretty decent, though.  I like it.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Raghavan

i like it besides the interior.

cozmik

I see a lot of Lexus in the exterior.

2006 BMW 330xi. 6 Speed, Sport Package. Gone are the RFTs! Toyo Proxes 4 in their place

BMWDave

I absolutely love it...its a great design exterior wise, and would help Ford a lot should they decide to produce it.  The interior is wacky, but hey, most concept interiors never make it into production unless they are conventional.

2007 Honda S2000
OEM Hardtop, Rick's Ti Shift Knob, 17" Volk LE37ts coming soon...

Catman

Make it a Lincoln, they need at least one good car. :rolleyes:  

BMWDave

QuoteMake it a Lincoln, they need at least one good car. :rolleyes:
:lol:   Its too sporty to be a Lincoln.

2007 Honda S2000

Tom

What Lincoln is not good?  

thewizard16

Lincoln makes "good" cars, but they certainly don't make anything exceptional.
92 Camry XLE V6(Murdered)
99 ES 300 (Sold)
2008 Volkswagen Passat(Did not survive the winter)
2015 Lexus GS350 F-Sport

Quote from: Raza  link=topic=27909.msg1787179#msg1787179 date=1349117110
You're my age.  We're getting old.  Plus, now that you're married, your life expectancy has gone way down, since you're more likely to be poisoned by your wife.

Catman

Good as in appealing = none.  The LS is OK but old school at this point.

cawimmer430

QuoteWow, that is sexy! My only complaint is the headlights look like they belong to an Infiniti. What are the chances of production? What platform is it on?
I don't think Autobild mentioned those infos. But I am sure an English website will pick it up soon and be more specific.  ;)  

www.wimmerfotografie.de

Raghavan

the only thing i don't like about the exterior is the puny side view mirrors.

Raza

Quotethe only thing i don't like about the exterior is the puny side view mirrors.
Considering it's a concept, I bet those are cameras, not mirrors.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

BMWDave

Quotethe only thing i don't like about the exterior is the puny side view mirrors.
Considering it's a concept, I bet those are cameras, not mirrors.
I'm 100 percent certain they are cameras...there is almost no room to have any mirror there, so if they were just mirrors, you wouldnt be able to see a thing.

2007 Honda S2000

mazda6er

Wow, that car is freakin' hot. I definitely see RX-8 and Aston Martin in it. I really hope they produce this, since it would probably come out around the time I'm ready to buy another car.
--Mark
Quote from: R-inge on March 26, 2007, 06:26:46 PMMy dad used to rent Samurai.  He loves them good.

Co-President of the I Fought the Tree and the Tree Won Club | Official Spokesman of the"I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club
I had myself fooled into needing you, did I fool you too? -- Barenaked Ladies | Say it ain't so...your drug is a heart breaker -- Weezer