Pics: Jeep Compass and Patriot

Started by ifcar, September 03, 2005, 02:42:36 PM

Secret Chimp

The Patriot is what the Liberty should've looked like in the first place (is that what's going to happen? I can't read Italian =P) They've got to be kidding with that Compass thing.

Quote from: BENZ BOY15 on January 02, 2014, 02:40:13 PM
That's a great local brewery that we have. Do I drink their beer? No.

Raghavan

i'm really digging the top one, but both of these are FWD right?

ifcar

These are both Caliber-based with AWD.  

Raghavan

poop. The patriot looks soo nice. too bad it's not a real jeep. :(

280Z Turbo

A rugged looking sport wagon? I don't get it. :blink:  

ifcar

Don't pretend that you're unaware of the fact that consumers haven't been chasing after similar vehicles since the Outback and RAV4 in the mid-90s. :rolleyes:

280Z Turbo

Yes, the Outback came to my mind, but this is different. This thing is low to the ground and has huge rims w/ rubberband tires that make it unfit even for just a two-track.

At least the Outback and RAV4 are somewhat decent off the beaten path with their ground clearance and decent sidewall.

thewizard16

I don't care for either of them. Especially the bottom one.
92 Camry XLE V6(Murdered)
99 ES 300 (Sold)
2008 Volkswagen Passat(Did not survive the winter)
2015 Lexus GS350 F-Sport

Quote from: Raza  link=topic=27909.msg1787179#msg1787179 date=1349117110
You're my age.  We're getting old.  Plus, now that you're married, your life expectancy has gone way down, since you're more likely to be poisoned by your wife.

ifcar

QuoteYes, the Outback came to my mind, but this is different. This thing is low to the ground and has huge rims w/ rubberband tires that make it unfit even for just a two-track.

At least the Outback and RAV4 are somewhat decent off the beaten path with their ground clearance and decent sidewall.
I'm sure a car-based Jeep would be at least as capable as an Outback or RAV4. ;)

mazda6er

I really like the Compass actually. I know it's not quite true to Jeep's heritage, but IMO it looks great! The Patriot looks really nice too. How many Jeeps are there gonna be now, six? That seems a bit too many, I think.
--Mark
Quote from: R-inge on March 26, 2007, 06:26:46 PMMy dad used to rent Samurai.  He loves them good.

Co-President of the I Fought the Tree and the Tree Won Club | Official Spokesman of the"I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club
I had myself fooled into needing you, did I fool you too? -- Barenaked Ladies | Say it ain't so...your drug is a heart breaker -- Weezer