New Used 1995 M-Edition Miata

Started by Byteme, August 08, 2010, 01:56:43 PM

Byteme

Quote from: Morris Minor on August 13, 2010, 08:40:27 AM
Maybe, down the road, you could breathe on it a little. 20 HP should, while taking care not to ruin the look & nature of the car, not be too difficult to extract.

Don't get me wrong, the thing is a blast to drive and is peppy, but it could use a bit more low end grunt.

I'm thinking some head work coupled with a less restrictive exhaust (but not a boy racer fart pipe) might do the trick.

Used engines for these cars are plentiful and cheap.  It might be fun to pick up a sound, used long block and see what I could do to one in my spare time.   

Onslaught

Quote from: EtypeJohn on August 13, 2010, 08:49:43 AM

Don't get me wrong, the thing is a blast to drive and is peppy, but it could use a bit more low end grunt.

I'm thinking some head work coupled with a less restrictive exhaust (but not a boy racer fart pipe) might do the trick.

Used engines for these cars are plentiful and cheap.  It might be fun to pick up a sound, used long block and see what I could do to one in my spare time.   
Flying Miata has engine parts out the ass. You can get 20 with no problem.

And out of all the exhaust systems I've heard I like the Racing beat and Flying Miata ones the most. I've got a Jackson Racing one and it made a much larger difference the I thought it would. But it's noise was just too much and I had to take it off.

Hey, any Miata guys want a Jackson racing system!!??

Rich

Quote from: Onslaught on August 13, 2010, 04:09:56 PM
Flying Miata has engine parts out the ass. You can get 20 with no problem.

And out of all the exhaust systems I've heard I like the Racing beat and Flying Miata ones the most. I've got a Jackson Racing one and it made a much larger difference the I thought it would. But it's noise was just too much and I had to take it off.

Hey, any Miata guys want a Jackson racing system!!??

Fits a 2000 NB?
2003 Mazda Miata 5MT; 2005 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport 4AT

Onslaught

Quote from: HotRodPilot on August 13, 2010, 04:25:22 PM
Fits a 2000 NB?
Probably not very well. It's for the 1.6 so I don't think it work.

Rich

wow, I just realized that 2010 isn't the year of the Infiniti World Takeover.

2010 is the year of the Miata World Takeover

ETypeJohn
MrH
HotRodPilot
Hopefully Rupert
2003 Mazda Miata 5MT; 2005 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport 4AT

Onslaught

And only one of those guys are gay.

Laconian

Quote from: Onslaught on August 13, 2010, 04:45:31 PM
And only one of those guys are gay.
???

QuoteETypeJohn
MrH
HotRodPilot
Hopefully Rupert

Who is it? I doubt John's been living a lie for the past 60 years...
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

2o6

Quote from: Laconian on August 13, 2010, 04:53:43 PM
???

Who is it? I doubt John's been living a lie for the past 60 years...

Rupert!

Rupert

Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.
PRO TENACIA NULLA VIA EST INVIA