Interiors

Started by ifcar, May 13, 2005, 06:14:27 AM

ifcar

Simple enough. Name what you feel are the top three new-car interiors (not counting things like seats/room, focus on the dash area) at each of the following price ranges:

1. Under $15,000
2. Under $20,000
3. Under $25,000
4. Under $30,000

You can use real-world pricing rather than sticker, but remember to stick to the price of the actual version that you're posting.

Mine:

Under $15,000
1. Mazda3 i
2. Kia Spectra EX
3. Suzuki Forenza/Reno

Under $20,000
1. Toyota Solara SE
2. Kia Sportage EX
3. Kia Sorento LX

Under $25,000
1. Toyota Solara SLE
2. Kia Amanti
3. Nissan Altima SL

Under $30,000
1. Toyota Solara SLE
2. Toyota Highlander Limited
3. Acura TSX

Post yours, and please follow the rules!  :)

mazda6er

Too much work, but I'll give it a shot.  :D

-Under $15,000
   1. Mazda 3 (there's no arguing with that)
   2. Chevy Cobalt
   3. Toyota Corolla

-Under $20,000
   1. Volkswagen Jetta
   2. Toyota Camry Solara
   3. Hyundai Tiburon

-Under $25,000
   1. Toyota Avalon
   2. Honda Accord EX
   3. Volksagen Jetta

-Under $30,000
   1. Audi A4
   2. Acura TSX
   3. BMW 325i
--Mark
Quote from: R-inge on March 26, 2007, 06:26:46 PMMy dad used to rent Samurai.  He loves them good.

Co-President of the I Fought the Tree and the Tree Won Club | Official Spokesman of the"I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club
I had myself fooled into needing you, did I fool you too? -- Barenaked Ladies | Say it ain't so...your drug is a heart breaker -- Weezer

SJ_GTI

Under 15k

1. Chevy Cobalt LS
2. Mazda 3i
3. Chevy Optra

Under 20k

1. VW Jetta
2. Chevy Cobalt (LT?)
3. Mazda 3s

Under 25k

1. VW Jetta
2. Chevy Cobalt SS
3. Mazda 3s SE

Under 30k

1. Audi A4
2. VW Jetta (Possibly Passat would take this spot when the new one hits)
3. Acura TSX

ifcar

QuoteUnder 15k

1. Chevy Cobalt LS
2. Mazda 3i
3. Chevy Optra

Under 20k

1. VW Jetta
2. Chevy Cobalt (LT?)
3. Mazda 3s

Under 25k

1. VW Jetta
2. Chevy Cobalt SS
3. Mazda 3s SE

Under 30k

1. Audi A4
3. Acura TSX
You prefer small cars' interiors, or was that a coincidence?  

BMWDave

1. Under $15,000
         Definitely the Mazda 3
         Then comes the Toyota Corolla
         Then the Honda Civic

2. Under $20,000
         Mazda3s
         VW Jetta
         Ford Fusion

3. Under $25,000
         Volvo S40
         Mazda 3 special Edition
         VW Jetta

4. Under $30,000
           Audi A4
           Acura TSX
           VW Jetta

2007 Honda S2000
OEM Hardtop, Rick's Ti Shift Knob, 17" Volk LE37ts coming soon...

TBR

Under $15000:
1. Mazda 3
2. Chevrolet Cobalt
3.  Scion Tc

Under $20000:
(same as above)

Under $25000:
1. VW Passat (current model)
2.  Nissan Altima
3. Mazda 6

Under $30000:
1. Audi A4
2. Mercedes-Benz C230
3. Nissan Maxima

ifcar

Just a note: You can't get a tC for under $15,00. It starts at about $16,500, and Scions sell at sticker.

TBR

QuoteJust a note: You can't get a tC for under $15,00. It starts at about $16,500, and Scions sell at sticker.
I realize that, but I figured that only a few realized that and you would be the only one that would care. If I could think of another car under $15,000 with an interior I actually like I would have put it in there instead, but I can't think of any (the Corolla has good materials, but the design is, in a word: BORING).

ifcar

QuoteJust a note: You can't get a tC for under $15,00. It starts at about $16,500, and Scions sell at sticker.
I realize that, but I figured that only a few realized that and you would be the only one that would care. If I could think of another car under $15,000 with an interior I actually like I would have put it in there instead, but I can't think of any (the Corolla has good materials, but the design is, in a word: BORING).
The other Scions have decent interiors, as do the hq-but-bland Corolla and Kia Spectra. The Forenza/Reno is pretty nice as well.  

SJ_GTI

QuoteUnder 15k

1. Chevy Cobalt LS
2. Mazda 3i
3. Chevy Optra

Under 20k

1. VW Jetta
2. Chevy Cobalt (LT?)
3. Mazda 3s

Under 25k

1. VW Jetta
2. Chevy Cobalt SS
3. Mazda 3s SE

Under 30k

1. Audi A4
3. Acura TSX
You prefer small cars' interiors, or was that a coincidence?
I do prefer small cars, but my intention was to choose on interior alone. For under 30k I don't know of a car interior I like better than those 3 choices (3-series now starts over 30k). The onyl larger car I can think of to compete head-on would be the Accord or Solara, but the Accord isn't any nicer than a TSX nor is the Solara IMHO (though its close enough that i can understand someone else taking it).

TBR

The other Scions have decent interiors, as do the hq-but-bland Corolla and Kia Spectra. The Forenza/Reno is pretty nice as well.
Like I said, I don't care for the design of the Corolla's interior (the materials are top notch, but there is more to a good interior imho) and the Spectra's is nothing special. I can't recall what the Rio's interior looks like, but I don't remember being particularly impressed. I stand by my statement that the interiors of the 3 and Cobalt are the only ones I like under 15k. Also, the Scions' center mount guages automatically disqualify them imo.

ifcar

Like I said, I don't care for the design of the Corolla's interior (the materials are top notch, but there is more to a good interior imho) and the Spectra's is nothing special. I can't recall what the Rio's interior looks like, but I don't remember being particularly impressed. I stand by my statement that the interiors of the 3 and Cobalt are the only ones I like under 15k. Also, the Scions' center mount guages automatically disqualify them imo.
Forenza/Reno:

Even the Aerio is pretty nice now:

Anyway, name SOME runner-up. It doesn't actually have to be something that you like if there aren't any other vehicles in that price range to fit that criteria.  

TBR

Forenza/Reno:

Anyway, name SOME runner-up. It doesn't actually have to be something that you like if there aren't any other vehicles in that price range to fit that criteria.
First, why does it matter? Second, the Aerio's interior does look pretty decent, much better than the original.

ifcar

Forenza/Reno:

First, why does it matter?
It's not, I'm just curious.