Whats your car mistaken for?

Started by 68_427, August 21, 2010, 11:06:13 PM

SVT666

My SVT Focus was mistaken for a Honda once.  Other than that, people just haven't got a clue what it is.  I get this a lot:

Dude:  Cool car, what is it?

Me:  It's an SVT Focus.

Dude:  What's that?

Me:  It's a hot rod Ford Focus.

Dude:  Oh.

TBR

Quote from: cawimmer430 on August 22, 2010, 12:49:36 PM
You need to learn a few things about HUMOR.  :tounge:

Nope, you do. No one thinks you are funny except yourself. That means you aren't funny, not that we are wrong.

cawimmer430

Quote from: TBR on August 22, 2010, 04:55:54 PM
Nope, you do. No one thinks you are funny except yourself. That means you aren't funny, not that we are wrong.

Let me get on your good side.  :devil:

Audi's are aweesome!
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

giant_mtb

Onslaught

Quote from: 68_427 on August 22, 2010, 12:31:32 PM
I'm sure they mistake your cloth laden E Class as a luxury car too?
LOL

WookieOnRitalin

The Mazda 929 got mistaken for tons of things because most Japanese vehicles looked about the same around '89. Hondas. Toyotas. Acuras. Lexus'. This is also when Mazda glaringly put the word MAZDA all over their vehicles. So when people mistook it for something else, I laughed and pointed to the word Mazda. They always felt so dumb.

The Exploder actually got mistaken as a Jeep quite often and the GC never gets mistaken for anything else other than old.
1989 Mazda 929
1993 Jeep Grand Cherokee
2010 Saab 9-3
2012 Suzuki Kizashi
2015 Mazda3

1987 Nissan Maxima GXE
2006 Subaru Baja Turbo

omicron

The Lexcen is often mistaken for a Commodore because, well, that's what it is.

NomisR

I haven't had my cars mistaken for anything yet, with the Rx8 and the Elise, I usually get people asking "What it is?".. and usually for the Lotus, who make it?

SVT_Power

"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Submariner

2010 G-550  //  2019 GLS-550

Rich

Nothin'  everybody knows what a Mustang is :thumbsup:
2003 Mazda Miata 5MT; 2005 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport 4AT

93JC

Quote from: Submariner on August 23, 2010, 01:05:18 PM
Are you enjoying it?  How does it drive? etc

Enjoying it? Yes. Very glad I bought it. It's kick-ass. It drives better than any other compact car I test drove (although the GTI was close).

There are some small things I don't like about it. I have rain-sensing wipers, and frankly I'd prefer regular old intermittent ones. My tires (Bridgestone Turanzas) suck. Heated seats would have been nice, but it wasn't a deal-breaker. My licence plate rattles over bumps, and my door locks squeak a little every once in a while.

Other than that it's awesome. Handles well, plenty of power, lots of cargo room, more than enough room up front. I wish the driver's seat would go lower though.

Gotta-Qik-C7

When I had the T Bird a couple of chicks asked was it a Bentley. And once I was getting my Z28 serviced a few years back and a female salesperson looked out the window and said "Here comes a Camaro just like yours." It was a XK8 vert.
2014 C7 Vert, 2002 Silverado, 2005 Road Glide

Secret Chimp

A Porsche, believe it or not. Though that was at night with just the parking lights on.

Quote from: BENZ BOY15 on January 02, 2014, 02:40:13 PM
That's a great local brewery that we have. Do I drink their beer? No.

FlatBlackCaddy

BimmerM3

Actually, I think I've occasionally had someone call my car an Acura, though it's not really that far off and the name could confuse people (ACura vs ACcord).

Laconian

Both words refer to the same car.

*rimshot*
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

Tave

No one mistakes my car for anything because no one knows what the hell it is.
As I write, highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me.

Quote from: thecarnut on March 16, 2008, 10:33:43 AM
Depending on price, that could be a good deal.

Rupert

MG = Fiat, apparently. Explorer = Clifford the Big Red Dog.
Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.
PRO TENACIA NULLA VIA EST INVIA

Rupert

Quote from: cawimmer430 on August 22, 2010, 12:49:36 PM
You need to learn a few things about HUMOR.  :tounge:

That may be true, but you need to learn all things about subtlety.
Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.
PRO TENACIA NULLA VIA EST INVIA