Smartuki = Crazy fast 180 hp Smart

Started by BMWDave, September 05, 2005, 08:28:52 AM

BMWDave

..They call the finished car the Smartuki. It?s the only one in existence and Z Cars is planning to offer it as an option. Does it run? 0-60 in 4.2 seconds, 1/4 mile in 12.4 seconds and tops out at 132mph. Definitely not your average Smart! Peter says running up to the traffic lights at 13,500rpm is always amusing since other drivers move over when they hear what sounds like a bike coming up fast. Autosport Magazine tested it against a Mistubishi Evo FQ-330. It didn?t win but fared better than the Subaru that tried a week earlier...

Details: http://thekneeslider.com/archives/2005/06/...-very-smart-car

2007 Honda S2000
OEM Hardtop, Rick's Ti Shift Knob, 17" Volk LE37ts coming soon...

ifcar

I wouldn't trust that car with a powerful engine. But if it works, what a sleeper!

Run Away

Hey, it's got an AVITAL alarm sticker on it, I have one of those.

Anyways, 130mph would be scary in a smart I think.

TBR

Pointless, high speeds would be very dangerous in something with that short of a wheelbase.

Raza

I'd rather see it in a Coupe/Roadster.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

thewizard16

Quotei want!
Have you ever stood next to a Smart car? That killed any sliver of desire I had for one.
92 Camry XLE V6(Murdered)
99 ES 300 (Sold)
2008 Volkswagen Passat(Did not survive the winter)
2015 Lexus GS350 F-Sport

Quote from: Raza  link=topic=27909.msg1787179#msg1787179 date=1349117110
You're my age.  We're getting old.  Plus, now that you're married, your life expectancy has gone way down, since you're more likely to be poisoned by your wife.

Raghavan

Quotei want!
Have you ever stood next to a Smart car? That killed any sliver of desire I had for one.
They're awesome. They're like bugs.

thewizard16

Quotei want!
They're smaller than bugs. They're about the same size as my lawn tractor, except not as tall.
99 ES 300 (Sold)
2015 Lexus GS350 F-Sport

You're my age.  We're getting old.  Plus, now that you're married, your life expectancy has gone way down, since you're more likely to be poisoned by your wife.

Raza

Quotei want!
They're smaller than bugs. They're about the same size as my lawn tractor, except not as tall.
It probably gets better gas mileage, too.  I really want one of these for daily driving:

That second one is probably a whole lot of fun, too.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

giant_mtb

Smart's are absolutely insanely small... saw a couple of 'em in England...

thewizard16

Quotei want!
It probably gets better gas mileage, too.  I really want one of these for daily driving:

That second one is probably a whole lot of fun, too.
It's not a bad looking car except for the way they did the headlights.
99 ES 300 (Sold)
2015 Lexus GS350 F-Sport