Tell me what's wrong with this picture.

Started by sportyaccordy, August 30, 2010, 02:58:54 PM

2o6

cawimmer430

A friggin pussy 4-cylinder instead of a manly V8?  :huh:
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

sportyaccordy

Quote from: 2o6 on August 30, 2010, 03:00:06 PM
Who did that to that poor NSX?
Wow, no offense but you were the last person I'd expect to have figured that out. Good job.

I've launched a full scale investigation. I can't see any perceivable reason to have scrapped the C30A. Motors are scarce, but no more expensive than a K24A built to even come close to the stock NSX engine's response + performance. I just don't understand

2o6

Quote from: sportyaccordy on August 30, 2010, 03:12:11 PM
Wow, no offense but you were the last person I'd expect to have figured that out. Good job.

I've launched a full scale investigation. I can't see any perceivable reason to have scrapped the C30A. Motors are scarce, but no more expensive than a K24A built to even come close to the stock NSX engine's response + performance. I just don't understand

Maybe some ricer blew the motor up and sold the car.

sportyaccordy

Quote from: 2o6 on August 30, 2010, 03:16:21 PM

Maybe some ricer blew the motor up and sold the car.
Ricers don't buy NSXs, they dream about doing things like this to them

MrH

Looks like the top has been channeled too?
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

Previous: '02 Mazda Protege5, '08 Mazda Miata, '05 Toyota Tacoma, '09 Honda Element, '13 Subaru BRZ, '14 Hyundai Genesis R-Spec 5.0, '15 Toyota 4Runner SR5, '18 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0t, '01 Honda S2000, '20 Subaru Outback XT, '23 Chevy Bolt EUV

Payman

Quote from: MrH on August 30, 2010, 03:57:33 PM
Looks like the top has been channeled too?

That's to install a rollcage. Looks like somebody salvaged a toasted NSX and is building a racecar. I see nothing wrong here.

2o6

Quote from: Rockraven on August 30, 2010, 05:45:28 PM
That's to install a rollcage. Looks like somebody salvaged a toasted NSX and is building a racecar. I see nothing wrong here.

That's what I'm guessing, too.

ChrisV

Ther has been a lot of talk in the past of doing the K swap into an early (non OBDII) NSX to get more power than the early NSX can make, whicl weighing less and easier tunability. Ther's vastly more info on building and tuning high power K sereis engines than C series V6s. And if you are planning on running in a race class that has a displacement cap (say, an under 2.5 liter calss) this becomes an attractive swap.
Like a fine Detroit wine, this vehicle has aged to budgetary perfection...