7) Volkswagen GTI
6) Chevrolet Corvette Z06
5) Nissan GT-R
4) BMW M3
3) Mazda RX-8 R3
2) Lotus Elise SC
1) Porsche Boxster Spyder

The good 'ol RX8 still getting the job done  :cheers:
video link-> http://www.caranddriver.com/features/10q3/the_best-handling_car_in_america_for_less_than_100_000-video
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed

omicron

I'd take every car on that list.

The RX-8 result is evidence that Mazda has no excuse to produce anything but brilliance.

Tave

*GASP*GT-R*GASP*

Oh but I thought it was just a Playstation controller with no driver involvement whatsoever. Say it isn't so!
As I write, highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me.

Quote from: thecarnut on March 16, 2008, 10:33:43 AM
Depending on price, that could be a good deal.

MrH

2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

Previous: '02 Mazda Protege5, '08 Mazda Miata, '05 Toyota Tacoma, '09 Honda Element, '13 Subaru BRZ, '14 Hyundai Genesis R-Spec 5.0, '15 Toyota 4Runner SR5, '18 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0t, '01 Honda S2000, '20 Subaru Outback XT, '23 Chevy Bolt EUV

sportyaccordy

Quote from: Tave on September 01, 2010, 08:39:00 AM
*GASP*GT-R*GASP*

Oh but I thought it was just a Playstation controller with no driver involvement whatsoever. Say it isn't so!
Well, what was the criteria? I'm sure a computer could figure out the best way to meter out grip + acceleration through a slalom

Tave

Quote from: MrH on September 01, 2010, 09:06:07 AM
No Miata in the comparison?  No 911?

Lame-o test.

Why? So they could've been beaten by the Boxster and RX-8?
As I write, highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me.

Tave

MrH

Quote from: Tave on September 01, 2010, 09:09:48 AM
Why? So they could've been beaten by the Boxster and RX-8?

I question whether they could.  Depends on the criteria.
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

Previous: '02 Mazda Protege5, '08 Mazda Miata, '05 Toyota Tacoma, '09 Honda Element, '13 Subaru BRZ, '14 Hyundai Genesis R-Spec 5.0, '15 Toyota 4Runner SR5, '18 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0t, '01 Honda S2000, '20 Subaru Outback XT, '23 Chevy Bolt EUV

SVT666

The only two cars in the test that I would not but are the top two.

SVT666

Tave

Quote from: MrH on September 01, 2010, 09:14:58 AM
I question whether they could.  Depends on the criteria.

At the very least, the Boxster is regarded by everyone as a better handler than the 911, even Porsche itself. I'd wager the RX-8 is the clear winner over the Miata as well, although I know Onslaught thinks his NA offers better feedback and a better experience over his 8 (of course, the NC is not the NA).

the Teuton

Probably doesn't help that you'd have a hard time getting into and out of an Elise. I do, and I'm a touch over 5'7".
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

r0tor

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed

Xer0

This thread made me look at used RX-8 prices for shits and giggles.  Well, looks like I can pick up a low mileage (~25k) pretty decently loaded RX-8 for 15k.  That is a very tempting idea.

Laconian

Best handling doesn't necessarily mean fun, which is probably why the Miata isn't on this list. It's a hoot but it does have its limits.
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

Tave

I doubt that. My guess is the Vette has higher objective limits than several of the cars in front of it.

r0tor

Quote from: Xer0 on September 01, 2010, 10:48:36 AM
This thread made me look at used RX-8 prices for shits and giggles.  Well, looks like I can pick up a low mileage (~25k) pretty decently loaded RX-8 for 15k.  That is a very tempting idea.

Doooo it... Its practically gods gift to the poor driving enthusiast who wants 4 seats

Submariner

*GASP*GT-R*GASP*

IIRC, the magazine article criticized it's feedback. 
2010 G-550  //  2019 GLS-550

giant_mtb

*GASP*GT-R*GASP*

Sure, it could be the best-handling car in that it goes around corners the best, but that doesn't necessarily mean it's the best handler from an entertainment standpoint?  Of course not.  If it goes around corners like it's on rails but feels very uninvolved, it can still be a best-handling car, but not very fun. :huh:

cawimmer430

-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

Raza

Quote from: r0tor on September 01, 2010, 12:23:31 PM
Doooo it... Its practically gods gift to the poor driving enthusiast who wants 4 seats

And hopefully have short commutes and high maintenance budgets!

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

68_427

Quotewhere were you when automotive dream died
i was sat at home drinking brake fluid when wife ring
'racecar is die'
no

Onslaught

Quote from: Laconian on September 01, 2010, 11:03:25 AM
Best handling doesn't necessarily mean fun, which is probably why the Miata isn't on this list. It's a hoot but it does have its limits.

Yep. My Miata is more "fun" then my RX-8 for mountain drives and stuff like that. But it can't even come close to what the 8 can do in the turns. You put more power in an MX-5 so it be the same as an RX-8 and the RX-8 would still destroy the MX-5.

Onslaught

I've looked around and still can't find the video of a comparison between most of these cars at Laguna Seca by one professional driver. I know I saw it when looking for a new car last year. The RX-8 didn't have the best numbers but he liked it the most and said it was the easiest to drive out of all the cars.

This will have to do to show even more why Rotor's car and mine are so fucking awesome it hurts.
http://www.motortrend.com/features/performance/112_0810_americas_best_handling_car_track_testing/index.html

Onslaught

My brother is looking into getting a Lotus Elise in the next year or two. If so then I'm going to have sex with it.

The car, not my brother.

r0tor

Quote from: Onslaught on September 01, 2010, 03:31:59 PM
I've looked around and still can't find the video of a comparison between most of these cars at Laguna Seca by one professional driver. I know I saw it when looking for a new car last year. The RX-8 didn't have the best numbers but he liked it the most and said it was the easiest to drive out of all the cars.

This will have to do to show even more why Rotor's car and mine are so fucking awesome it hurts.
http://www.motortrend.com/features/performance/112_0810_americas_best_handling_car_track_testing/index.html

True dat!

SVT666

I wonder where the new Mustang GT would have landed.  Right behind the M3 or right before the GTI? 

I gotta admit, the RX-8 is intriguing, especially the one Onslaught has.  It looks spectacular.  I wish it was an MX-8 and not an RX-8 though.

the Teuton

Quote from: Onslaught on September 01, 2010, 03:33:39 PM
My brother is looking into getting a Lotus Elise in the next year or two. If so then I'm going to have sex with it.

The car, not my brother.

Whichever you end up doing, I'm sure North Carolina finds it both legal and acceptable.
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!