Sky pics

Started by bobwill, September 05, 2005, 06:45:52 PM

Raza

I'm ordering one, like, tomorrow.

Should have made it a dual exhaust, though.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Catman

Tom

Looks pretty great.  

The wheels look cheap however.

Raghavan

don't like hte wheel,s everything else is great

Colonel Cadillac

Hold off on the Solstice, this is what you wanna get!

bobwill

From what I've read, they're only planning to make 20,000 solstices, and 10,000 Skys.  If orders mirror the initial response, you can probably expect to wait over a year for that sky, as Pontiac had over 10,000 pre orders for the Solstice.

BMWDave

Wow, that is damn sexy!

2007 Honda S2000
OEM Hardtop, Rick's Ti Shift Knob, 17" Volk LE37ts coming soon...

MX793

Stunning.  I hope this car is a huge hit for Saturn.
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

Colonel Cadillac

They need to make a few more, or the interest will die down if they are virtually impossible to get.  

Speed_Racer

It looks great in black. Are those hood vents standard? And...you can easily swap the stock wheels with something more aggresive from the aftermarket.

Speed_Racer

Laconian

Sharp and classy. What's with the white brakelight thougH?
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

giant_mtb

It's super stunning in dark colors...though I'm not quite sure if I'd feel the same about it in lighter colors...

cozmik

Looks sweet. I might consider one next summer. Minus the Goodyear Eagles that is. Ick.  

2006 BMW 330xi. 6 Speed, Sport Package. Gone are the RFTs! Toyo Proxes 4 in their place

Raza

QuoteLooks sweet. I might consider one next summer. Minus the Goodyear Eagles that is. Ick.
Potenzas!

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

thewizard16

It's beautiful. The interior is beautiful. Everything is beautiful. In fact, it's far too beautiful to be a Saturn. This could definitely improve their brand image, if they'd make some more and allow them to be seen on the road. I can already imagine the "That's a Saturn???" comments. Too bad I don't need, or have any use for, a sports car.
92 Camry XLE V6(Murdered)
99 ES 300 (Sold)
2008 Volkswagen Passat(Did not survive the winter)
2015 Lexus GS350 F-Sport

Quote from: Raza  link=topic=27909.msg1787179#msg1787179 date=1349117110
You're my age.  We're getting old.  Plus, now that you're married, your life expectancy has gone way down, since you're more likely to be poisoned by your wife.

Minpin

heh my sister wants to trade her ion in on one :)
?Do you expect me to talk?"
"No, Mr Bond. I expect you to die!?

Raza

QuoteIt's beautiful. The interior is beautiful. Everything is beautiful. In fact, it's far too beautiful to be a Saturn. This could definitely improve their brand image, if they'd make some more and allow them to be seen on the road. I can already imagine the "That's a Saturn???" comments. Too bad I don't need, or have any use for, a sports car.
If you don't have any use for a sports car, you're doing something wrong.

:D  

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

Raza

How much do you think they finance/lease for, monthly?  I'm hoping I can afford one out of college.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

Minpin

i know they start at 20k
?Do you expect me to talk?"
"No, Mr Bond. I expect you to die!?

Raghavan

Quotei know they start at 20k
no they don't. that's the solstice.

280Z Turbo

QuoteI'm ordering one, like, tomorrow.

What sense does that make?

There's only one bank of cylinders! It would probably sound worse with seperate exhaust. The inline 6 on 240Zs, for example, sounds like crap with the 1970s aftermarket "Twice Pipes" dual exhaust. Even the Viper, with its 2 banks of cylinders, sounded weird with the side pipes.

Ricer. ;)

Anyway, this looks so much better than the Solstice. I think the Solstice will appeal more to women with it's cute styling while the Sky is definately a guy car.

MX793

There's only one bank of cylinders! It would probably sound worse with seperate exhaust. The inline 6 on 240Zs, for example, sounds like crap with the 1970s aftermarket "Twice Pipes" dual exhaust. Even the Viper, with its 2 banks of cylinders, sounded weird with the side pipes.

Ricer. ;)

Anyway, this looks so much better than the Solstice. I think the Solstice will appeal more to women with it's cute styling while the Sky is definately a guy car.
Dual outlets doesn't mean dual exhaust.  I've heard plenty of 4 cylinder cars with dual exhaust outlets that sound fine.  The SRT4, S2000, A4 1.8T...  They all sound fine.  And having twin outlet pipes adds symmetry to the design, which is generally considered more attractive.  GM could have also tried a center mounted exhaust outlet like that on the Mini Cooper S.
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

Raza

Ricer. ;)

Aesthetically...it looks prime for a dual.

If sticking with the single exhaust, they should have centered it with twin tips.

Like that:

but sideways.  

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i