500 Chop

Started by Catman, May 13, 2005, 08:29:30 AM

Catman

SJ_GTI

It needs to be lowered with dubs, but otherwise its good looking.  :o

This is because hey are changing the front end in 2006 or 2007 right? To make it match the Fusion?

Catman

Supposedly.  I think it'll look good if it's close to that pic.  Hopefully it'll get similar tail treatment as well.

mazda6er

Give that thing some horsepower and I smell a Chrysler 300C  figher.
--Mark
Quote from: R-inge on March 26, 2007, 06:26:46 PMMy dad used to rent Samurai.  He loves them good.

Co-President of the I Fought the Tree and the Tree Won Club | Official Spokesman of the"I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club
I had myself fooled into needing you, did I fool you too? -- Barenaked Ladies | Say it ain't so...your drug is a heart breaker -- Weezer

BMWDave

QuoteGive that thing some horsepower and I smell a Chrysler 300C  figher.
needs to be lowered a bit, but a very nice looking car!

2007 Honda S2000
OEM Hardtop, Rick's Ti Shift Knob, 17" Volk LE37ts coming soon...

ifcar

Looks good.  :)

I still really like the look of the current one, probably even more than that version, but am definitely in the minority there.  

GMPenguin

Looks nice, but too Fusion-ish.

BMWDave

QuoteLooks good.  :)

I still really like the look of the current one, probably even more than that version, but am definitely in the minority there.
I also really like the current one.  But the chop is nice IMO.

2007 Honda S2000

TBR

I am sort of liking the current model a little more, the front and mid section don't match on the chop (to be expected, but from what I understand new front and rear clips will be the only styling changes, so the production version probably won't look quite right either). I am an admant Five Hundred fan, and therefore think the current styling is plenty good.  That said, I think it would be a good idea for them to release the 427 concept based on the Mustang platform to go head to head with the Chrysler 300c.

BMWDave

QuoteI am sort of liking the current model a little more, the front and mid section don't match on the chop (to be expected, but from what I understand new front and rear clips will be the only styling changes, so the production version probably won't look quite right either). I am an admant Five Hundred fan, and therefore think the current styling is plenty good.  That said, I think it would be a good idea for them to release the 427 concept based on the Mustang platform to go head to head with the Chrysler 300c.
I sure hope they would do that...but alas, I dont think the 427 will see production  :(  

2007 Honda S2000

Submariner

QuoteGive that thing some horsepower and I smell a Chrysler 300C  figher.
It would also need an AWD setup,  and a upgraded and reinforced transmission to handle the extra power.
2010 G-550  //  2019 GLS-550

ifcar

QuoteGive that thing some horsepower and I smell a Chrysler 300C  figher.
It would also need an AWD setup,  and a upgraded and reinforced transmission to handle the extra power.
It already has AWD available, and a new powertrain is coming next year.  

Lorinser

If this is what the 500 will look like, then I will be very satisfied with it's looks. Would it be possible to fit the Yamaha V8 found in the XC90 into the 500? They are both on the same platform, after all. ;)  

giant_mtb

QuoteIf this is what the 500 will look like, then I will be very satisfied with it's looks. Would it be possible to fit the Yamaha V8 found in the XC90 into the 500? They are both on the same platform, after all. ;)
^_^  :rockon:  

BMWDave

QuoteIf this is what the 500 will look like, then I will be very satisfied with it's looks. Would it be possible to fit the Yamaha V8 found in the XC90 into the 500? They are both on the same platform, after all. ;)
I'm sure it would be possible.  Its a very compact engine, and its traversal layout would provide additional safety.

2007 Honda S2000

Laconian

The Duratec 3.0 is in the 500.
The Duratec 3.0 is in the Taurus.
The Taurus had the Yamaha V8.
Therefore the 500 can have the Yamaha V8?

It would be sweet, but not 400hp sweet!
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

ifcar

QuoteHere's some bogus logic:

The Duratec 3.0 is in the 500.
The Duratec 3.0 is in the Taurus.
The Taurus had the Yamaha V8.
Therefore the 500 can have the Yamaha V8? :)
The Five Hundred could end up with a Yamaha V8 (not the same one as the SHO Taurus) because there is one in use in the Volvo XC90, with which the Five Hundred shares its platform.