SUV values tanking....

Started by crv16, September 06, 2005, 08:48:03 AM

crv16

I was discussing trade in values with the sales manager at my Honda dealer, and asked him about SUV values.  He laughed.  He said that a few weeks ago, he'd pay $10 grand for a 2000 Suburban.  That's down to $7000 now.  He also spoke about a customer they had the other day who recently bought a 2005 Tahoe, and was looking to get out of it.  He was $10,000 upside down.   :o

On the flip side, trade in values for 4 cylinder cars are pretty darn good.
09 Honda Accord EX-L V6
09 Subaru Forester X Premium 5 speed

BMWDave

I feel really bad for that guy who bought the Tahoe...

2007 Honda S2000
OEM Hardtop, Rick's Ti Shift Knob, 17" Volk LE37ts coming soon...

Raghavan

thewizard16

That sucks. I guess if I were going to be needing a big suv, now would be the time to buy used.  
92 Camry XLE V6(Murdered)
99 ES 300 (Sold)
2008 Volkswagen Passat(Did not survive the winter)
2015 Lexus GS350 F-Sport

Quote from: Raza  link=topic=27909.msg1787179#msg1787179 date=1349117110
You're my age.  We're getting old.  Plus, now that you're married, your life expectancy has gone way down, since you're more likely to be poisoned by your wife.

Speed_Racer

Ugh...I heard that its getting increasinly hard to sell your SUVs too. So if you have one, you may be stuck with it for some time.

giant_mtb

Catman

These people trying to off load right now are being knee jerk.  In a few weeks gas will come down and no one will complain.

Laconian

This is most good news. My brother's actually planning on buying a truck as he and his Mickey-D's franchise owning coworker are going to tap the traps for fry oil.
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

Tom

It's retarded to sell your SUV now.  It would be smarter to take the gas hit for a while till it cools down.  On the other hand, now's the time to buy folks.  I'm already seeing F-150s cheaper on ebay.  Woohoo.

Tom

QuoteThis is most good news. My brother's actually planning on buying a truck as he and his Mickey-D's franchise owning coworker are going to tap the traps for fry oil.
Nice :lol:   The exhaust smell will be a portable ad for his french fries :praise:  

280Z Turbo

QuoteThese people trying to off load right now are being knee jerk.  In a few weeks gas will come down and no one will complain.
Yep. That's just it.

As long as it goes up slowly, the prices don't seem bad to SUV drivers.

TBR

$10k for a 2000 Suburban? It must have had very high miles.