Yes! A New Dodge Viper has been Confirmed for 2012... Plus More...

Started by Atomic, September 18, 2010, 09:03:39 AM

Atomic

New Viper, Jeep Pick-up, Chrysler Four-seater 30 MPG Convertible, All New Dodge Dakota Lifestyle Stunner, Luxury Texan Ram Pick-up and Baby Ram Welcome Fiat 500 Series in Hundreds of Combinations Excite Dealers in Orlando - Fla

(AP, Wall Street Journal, September 15, 2010) Chrysler dealers were still abuzz Wednesday over the 17 new products the auto maker showed off Tuesday in Orlando, Fla. Dealers can start placing orders for most of the new vehicles on Thursday. The following is a rundown of what consumers can expect to see over the next six months gleaned from interviews with about a half-dozen dealers who attended the meeting. Some of these details weren?t released publicly by the company Tuesday.

DODGE

The Dodge Caravan minivan will have a more ?sporty? feel and look reducing its competition with the Chrysler Town & Country. CEO Ralph Gilles confirmed he plans to make a limited edition ?Man Van? featuring an all black interior.

The Dodge Viper hot-rod will be back in 2012. The concept vehicle displayed at the meeting had been painted more than 25 times with a candy-apple red to give it a sleek appeal. The vehicle is more upscale and has moved away from its race car image.  Dealers said they were told the company?s new product committee took one look at the Viper and unanimously approved its production within five minutes.

The Dodge Dakota will also be replaced in the near future with a lifestyle sport truck.

CHRYSLER

The Chrysler Sebring ? one of the auto maker?s most quality-criticized vehicles ? has been totally remade. The vehicle will now be called the Chrysler 200 featuring 29 miles per gallon and a six-speed clutch that was co-developed by Chrysler and Fiat. The vehicle hits showrooms in 60 days. A convertible version that can seat four will also be available.

The revamped Town & Country minivan offers a more upscale feel with new shocks, suspension and a rounded rear-end and rear window. It also has a seat and steering wheel heating system that automatically kicks on when the vehicle?s temperature falls below 40 degrees. The minivan will also sport Chrysler?s new wings logo.

The Chrysler 300c features a new exterior and suspension. It has an eight-speed transmission that delivers 30 miles per gallon. The auto maker plans to take the vehicle to Europe where it will be sold under the Lancia badge.

RAM

Ram brand CEO Fred Diaz hinted the auto maker is toying with the idea of developing a ?Baby Ram? which would be a smaller pickup truck that would get 30 miles per gallon and seat four people.

A limited-edition luxury pickup, the ?Longhorn,? will make its public debut at the Texas State Fair in two weeks. The pickup features such perks as a leather-wrapped steering wheel. The Longhorn logo badge fastened to the floor mat can be popped out and made into a belt buckle.

The ?Ram Box? ? a storage area integrated on the back of bed of Chrysler?s pickup trucks ? will be extended to the auto maker?s heavy duty trucks making the feature available on 80% of Chrysler?s truck volume by September 2011.

Jeep

The Jeep Wrangler?s Sahara model will feature a hard-top that can match the color of the vehicle?s body. The interior has been changed to allow more flexible storage areas and heated seats. The Wrangler will also be the ?Hero? vehicle in the Call of Duty: Black Ops video game due out next month. To celebrate, Jeep will produce a limited-edition Call of Duty Jeep. CEO Mike Manley ? without comment ? rolled out a concept Jeep ?pickup truck hybrid that is all Jeep in the front. He didn?t say if Chrysler is considering building it.

The Jeep Compass and Jeep Patriot will be replaced with one vehicle that will serve both markets. There were no details on when this will happen.

FIAT

The new Fiat 500, due out in January, will offer the ?Sport? and ?Lounge? models both offering leather seats and Bose radio. Consumers will have 14 exteriors and 11 interior colors to choose from allowing more personalization. The North America version makes it public debut at the Los Angeles Auto Show later this year.

Atomic

have any of you seen the conceptualized drawing the next viper in the october 2010 issue of road & track? i think it looks awesome, but question its accuracy. sometimes they are right-on, other times, not even close.

Atomic

what is a: "Black Ops video game", listed under "jeep" in regards to the wrangler?

Galaxy

Quote from: Atomic on September 18, 2010, 09:03:39 AM
DODGE

The Dodge Caravan minivan will have a more ?sporty? feel and look reducing its competition with the Chrysler Town & Country. CEO Ralph Gilles confirmed he plans to make a limited edition ?Man Van? featuring an all black interior.

m'kay

The Dodge Viper hot-rod will be back in 2012. The concept vehicle displayed at the meeting had been painted more than 25 times with a candy-apple red to give it a sleek appeal. The vehicle is more upscale and has moved away from its race car image.  Dealers said they were told the company?s new product committee took one look at the Viper and unanimously approved its production within five minutes.

I shall buy 'Merican beer to celebrate. Granted I am a bit concerned about the "moved away from race car image," but I am assuming that this simply means that Vipers craving to kill the driver has been slightly reduced.

The Dodge Dakota will also be replaced in the near future with a lifestyle sport truck.

Whatever.

CHRYSLER

The Chrysler Sebring ? one of the auto maker?s most quality-criticized vehicles ? has been totally remade. The vehicle will now be called the Chrysler 200 featuring 29 miles per gallon and a six-speed clutch that was co-developed by Chrysler and Fiat. The vehicle hits showrooms in 60 days. A convertible version that can seat four will also be available.

The revamped Town & Country minivan offers a more upscale feel with new shocks, suspension and a rounded rear-end and rear window. It also has a seat and steering wheel heating system that automatically kicks on when the vehicle?s temperature falls below 40 degrees. The minivan will also sport Chrysler?s new wings logo.

The Chrysler 300c features a new exterior and suspension. It has an eight-speed transmission that delivers 30 miles per gallon. The auto maker plans to take the vehicle to Europe where it will be sold under the Lancia badge.

Sounds good except for the Europe - Lancia blasphemy.

RAM

Ram brand CEO Fred Diaz hinted the auto maker is toying with the idea of developing a ?Baby Ram? which would be a smaller pickup truck that would get 30 miles per gallon and seat four people.

Why not.

A limited-edition luxury pickup, the ?Longhorn,? will make its public debut at the Texas State Fair in two weeks.

The Longhorn is already a trim level on both the regular Ram-Ram, and the Ram-Ram HD.

The pickup features such perks as a leather-wrapped steering wheel. The Longhorn logo badge fastened to the floor mat can be popped out and made into a belt buckle.

Well, not quite as classy as the Aston Martin watch-key, but still thoughtful of them.

Jeep

The Jeep Wrangler?s Sahara model will feature a hard-top that can match the color of the vehicle?s body. The interior has been changed to allow more flexible storage areas and heated seats. The Wrangler will also be the ?Hero? vehicle in the Call of Duty: Black Ops video game due out next month. To celebrate, Jeep will produce a limited-edition Call of Duty Jeep. CEO Mike Manley ? without comment ? rolled out a concept Jeep ?pickup truck hybrid that is all Jeep in the front. He didn?t say if Chrysler is considering building it.

The Jeep Compass and Jeep Patriot will be replaced with one vehicle that will serve both markets. There were no details on when this will happen.

LOL, and thumbs down at the video game version. The Wrangler truck should turn out well.

FIAT

The new Fiat 500, due out in January, will offer the ?Sport? and ?Lounge? models both offering leather seats and Bose radio. Consumers will have 14 exteriors and 11 interior colors to choose from allowing more personalization. The North America version makes it public debut at the Los Angeles Auto Show later this year.

[/i]

I hope the cinquecento does well.

Galaxy

I am assuming that the 8 speed auto is the ZF one. I think that they are the only independent supplier that has one. 

The Phantom

I thought the Viper brand was branched off like Ram, as well.
"We?re surrounded. That simplifies our problem of getting to these people and killing them."

Atomic

Quote from: The Phantom on September 18, 2010, 01:18:09 PM
I thought the Viper brand was branched off like Ram, as well.

there were rumors that dodge was going to sell viper, but fiat saved it and thinks as i do that it is probably the best image car dodge could possibly have. kudos for this. i am pretty excited about this and love the colored sketch in r&t mag.

with "less" of an emphasis on racing, i think they merely mean it will be more refined and obtainable (more "civilized") to generate more sales, perhaps with a variety of transmissions. maybe a v8 and 10 or 12 cylinder option, as some dealers said following the seminar in orlando this week.

Mustangfan2003

the Teuton

2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

Atomic

Quote from: the Teuton on September 18, 2010, 02:15:12 PM
I can't wait for the day when the Viper comes in automatic.

i think the '12 will offer one. it was implied in fl i understand.

68_427

QuoteThe Longhorn is already a trim level on both the regular Ram-Ram, and the Ram-Ram HD.

Big Horn   :ohyeah:
Quotewhere were you when automotive dream died
i was sat at home drinking brake fluid when wife ring
'racecar is die'
no

Atomic

a higher level trim level should give ram a model equaling or surpassing the ford platinum edition, which took over where the poor selling lincoln lt luxury pick-up left off. there must be a market out there. cadillac, i think is extending the life of its escalade pick-up beyond 2010. at this time last year, this model and chevy's avalanche were expected to be goners. fmc offers the king ranch, in addition to the platinum - differing primarily by color combinations and visual tweaks.

Mustangfan2003

Also, can't forget to mention that a Jeep based pick up is finally in the works, now if they offer it in a diesel. 

Atomic

Quote from: Mustangfan2003 on September 19, 2010, 01:39:07 PM
Also, can't forget to mention that a Jeep based pick up is finally in the works, now if they offer it in a diesel. 

i would not be surprised with the connection jeep has with fiat and plans to import and export across both sides of the pond.

68_427

Well the Bighorn consists of head rest covers and a couple badges.  So hopefully Longhorn >>>>>> Big Horn
Quotewhere were you when automotive dream died
i was sat at home drinking brake fluid when wife ring
'racecar is die'
no

the Teuton

Quote from: Atomic on September 18, 2010, 03:10:01 PM
i think the '12 will offer one. it was implied in fl i understand.

I was being sarcastic. The Viper sounds like it's getting a shave, manicure, and spa day for the first time in its life. It's probably getting estrogen pills, too.
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

Mustangfan2003

If Chrysler wants a 4 seat convertible they really need to offer it for the Challenger.