BMW 6-series concept

Started by 2o6, September 19, 2010, 06:28:34 PM

Raza

Quote from: Submariner on September 20, 2010, 02:47:48 PM
If the car is auto only, it's fine with me, but for some illogical reason, I really dig a mechanical one in cars with manuals. 

I double cover a mechanical handbrake by parking in 1st, so it's not as much a worry for me, but I too prefer to pull on a handbrake.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

93JC

Proportions are sexiful, details are shite, interior is a big "WTF?".

BimmerM3

Quote from: the Teuton on September 20, 2010, 12:09:06 PM
Hate the concept car interior, love the rest of the car.

I honestly doubt that the production interior will look much different.

CJ

hotrodalex

Quote from: Raza  on September 20, 2010, 03:06:11 PM
I double cover a mechanical handbrake by parking in 1st, so it's not as much a worry for me, but I too prefer to pull on a handbrake.

See, I double cover the handbrake by parking in 1st. :lol:

omicron

Quote from: Raza  on September 20, 2010, 06:13:31 AM
Love it.  I like the old model too (still high on my list), but I definitely like this. 

:hesaid:

I wasn't sure about BMW's new front ends, either, until I saw a new 5 up close. Much, much better in person.

sportyaccordy

Quote from: omicron on September 21, 2010, 07:34:31 AM
:hesaid:

I wasn't sure about BMW's new front ends, either, until I saw a new 5 up close. Much, much better in person.
They're def cleaner + easier on the eye. Just wish they were more German than Japanese

SJ_GTI

I think the idea of an electronic e-brake (or handbrake or whatever you call it) is fine. I've never used my e-brake for anything other than parking. Making it an on/off switch doesn't have an effect on the way I drive.

The benefit, I guess, is that it cleans up the area between the driver and front passenger seat.

hounddog

Quote from: hotrodalex on September 19, 2010, 07:28:49 PM
:wub:
Took the words right out of my mouth.

The only tweak it could use is the lower front grill, it just looks awkward. 

I do not like the new headlights on any of the BMWs, I think they were going in a more unique direction with the older 5 series and should have played on that.

However, at least it does not look "sad" like the old 6 did. 

I will take a convertible, please!
"America will never be destroyed from the outside.  If we falter and lose our freedoms it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
~Abraham Lincoln

"Freedom and not servitude is the cure of anarchy; as religion, and not atheism, is the true remedy of superstition."
~Edmund Burke

Fighting the good fight, one beer at a time.

cawimmer430

Quote from: Mustangfan2003 on September 20, 2010, 11:43:56 AM
Very nice, how much.  

For the amount of money you have to pay for this car, you can buy 1,000 Plymouth Volare's! Are there even still 1,000 Volare's in the US!?
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

Mustangfan2003

Quote from: cawimmer430 on October 01, 2010, 08:44:50 AM
For the amount of money you have to pay for this car, you can buy 1,000 Plymouth Volare's! Are there even still 1,000 Volare's in the US!?

I'm sure there is but not many of them may be running. 

cawimmer430

Quote from: Mustangfan2003 on October 01, 2010, 09:16:25 AM
I'm sure there is but not many of them may be running. 

Wait...are they that crappy?  :frown:

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de

Mustangfan2003

Most American cars built at that time had some pretty shotty quality but another reason is not many people care about those cars so once they quit running many were just left to rot.  I think there is one actually near my parents house that's sitting near someones house not running but it could be a Dodge too. 

Vinsanity

wow, how the heck did I miss this thread :mask:

this new 6 is a big improvement over the current one IMO, but that side profile looks a little too familiar. very handsome car, nonetheless.

Vinsanity

Quote from: cawimmer430 on October 01, 2010, 09:21:38 AM
Wait...are they that crappy?  :frown:

dude that's what everyone's been trying to tell you from the very first time you fell in love at first sight with the damn thing.

Mustangfan2003

I think BMW design has already went in the right direction since Chris Bangle left.

cawimmer430

Quote from: Mustangfan2003 on October 01, 2010, 09:26:35 AM
Most American cars built at that time had some pretty shotty quality but another reason is not many people care about those cars so once they quit running many were just left to rot.  I think there is one actually near my parents house that's sitting near someones house not running but it could be a Dodge too. 

Quote from: Vinsanity on October 01, 2010, 10:31:02 AM
dude that's what everyone's been trying to tell you from the very first time you fell in love at first sight with the damn thing.

It's still hot though.  :wub:

www.wimmerfotografie.de

Mustangfan2003

If you wanted to take a Volare back to Germany I bet that your shipping cost would be more than what the car is worth. 

cawimmer430

Quote from: Mustangfan2003 on October 01, 2010, 11:29:02 AM
If you wanted to take a Volare back to Germany I bet that your shipping cost would be more than what the car is worth. 

Well I want an Oldsmobile Delta 88 now. How much are those nowadays?  :praise:

www.wimmerfotografie.de

Mustangfan2003

I saw one a while back on craigslist with a 403 V8 for about 2 grand.  Looked in decent shape. 

cawimmer430

Quote from: Mustangfan2003 on October 02, 2010, 01:48:56 PM
I saw one a while back on craigslist with a 403 V8 for about 2 grand.  Looked in decent shape. 

Nah, 403cid V8 is a bit underpowered. Gimme the 5854855485409540cid V8 option.  :ohyeah:

www.wimmerfotografie.de

Vinsanity

every time Wimmer tries to crack a joke, it reminds me of this commercial

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCAwITgtCY8

giant_mtb

Quote from: Vinsanity on October 02, 2010, 03:37:14 PM

Although, I don't think that doing pushups with one's tongue is at all funnier than stopping fan blades with one's tongue.  A stupid commercial, IMO, since neither things are representative of actual humor.

Atomic

Quote from: hotrodalex on September 19, 2010, 07:28:49 PM
:wub:
same emotion. bmw seems to be neglectful of this relatively slow seller, so the redesign is certainly overdue. not over the top, yet not looking sedate or especially boring, imo. this look should last a while, but more frequent updates, like the bimmer sedans would likely keep it fresh and far more competitive and desirable and to a larger customer base, i think.

Atomic

Quote from: ifcar on September 20, 2010, 07:17:28 AM
Something about the front isn't sitting well with me, but the rear is a big improvement.
yes, and the glass roof from the rear angle looks classy - almost 'benz SL-like" in coupe form. the front, although sexy in a feline kinda way looks a bit heavy compared to the grace and simplicity of the rest of the car - not quite as sleek up-front, i would say.

Mustangfan2003

Quote from: Vinsanity on October 02, 2010, 03:37:14 PM

Germans are too busy making stuff to be funny. 

Vinsanity

Quote from: Mustangfan2003 on October 03, 2010, 02:12:34 PM
Germans are too busy making stuff to be funny. 

Japan makes stuff, and manages to be hilarious at the same time :lol:

BENZ BOY15

The back isn't doing it for me.

I don't know about these new BMWs...the rear of this one is truly horrible. It reminds me of a regular pedestrian car but I can' put the name on it....but what were they thinking about that rear end?

cawimmer430

I saw it. Next generation BMW 6-Series.

www.wimmerfotografie.de

Submariner

I hope the keep the rear roof like that...I've heard they were moving to a more traditional design...
2010 G-550  //  2019 GLS-550