BMW 6-series concept

Started by 2o6, September 19, 2010, 06:28:34 PM

2o6

A bit boring, and lacks as much presence as the old model or the MB CL, but certainly prettier than the model that is currently on sale.

However, I would take the current 6er over this.

Gorgeous rear.

I still think the Concept CS was a head-over-heels better design than this or the 8-series. It was far more adventurous and yet and still was quite beautiful.

http://www.autocar.co.uk/News/NewsArticle/AllCars/252850/

sportyaccordy

I think the rear would work better if the taillights didn't come up above that crease on the trunk. Not really crazy about it. Hopefully it'll be smaller + lighter than the last one (though prob not). Not a fan of the turbo motors either. Blah.

CALL_911

That looks great. I'd have it over a CL.

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

cawimmer430

Boring. Especially the front. The rear is muscular and sporty in appearance, side profile isn't bad but the front just looks outright 'wimpish'. Guess I have to see it in real life before I really say more about the design.

The cabin looks great though.
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

Raza

Love it.  I like the old model too (still high on my list), but I definitely like this. 
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

ifcar

Something about the front isn't sitting well with me, but the rear is a big improvement.

Colonel Cadillac

I'm having trouble liking the front, but overall the car looks great :ohyeah:

Speed_Racer

I think it looks pretty sharp. It reminds me of the classic 8-series, though (which isn't a bad thing).

Gotta-Qik-C7

2014 C7 Vert, 2002 Silverado, 2005 Road Glide

Tave

I think it looks really good. I'm enamored with BMW's new front end styling too.
As I write, highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me.

Quote from: thecarnut on March 16, 2008, 10:33:43 AM
Depending on price, that could be a good deal.

Mustangfan2003

the Teuton

Hate the concept car interior, love the rest of the car.
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

Mustangfan2003

I like the interior except for the giant screen on the dash, might as well put my 32 inch LG in there. 

the Teuton

Quote from: Mustangfan2003 on September 20, 2010, 12:10:44 PM
I like the interior except for the giant screen on the dash, might as well put my 32 inch LG in there. 

With the exception of the gas pedal, it looks like something Toyota would design for a pickup truck or minivan.
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

2o6

Styling language on the interior looks pretty similar to other BMW's.

Mustangfan2003

I do like the suede headliner, that's pretty pimp.  

Galaxy

All in all it is a good looking car, but for some reason it leaves me cold.  :huh:

Mustangfan2003

Quote from: Galaxy on September 20, 2010, 12:38:18 PM
All in all it is a good looking car, but for some reason it leaves me cold.  :huh:

Yeah it's hard to find the heater setting with the idrive. 

SJ_GTI

Submariner

Does the lack of a mechanical hand brake mean no stick option?
2010 G-550  //  2019 GLS-550

2o6

Quote from: Submariner on September 20, 2010, 01:59:32 PM

A lot of European cars are losing traditional handbrakes.

The current Legacy uses an electronic handbrake, and you can still get a 6-speed.

SJ_GTI

Quote from: Submariner on September 20, 2010, 01:59:32 PM

FWIW, my S4 has an electric e-brake, but is a 6-speed manual.

giant_mtb

A4 has an elec handbrake. I think the new Regal does, too, though I dunno if that thing is available with a stick...?

2o6

Quote from: giant_mtb on September 20, 2010, 02:21:54 PM
A4 has an elec handbrake. I think the new Regal does, too, though I dunno if that thing is available with a stick...?

2.4L, no. 2.0T, yes.

Colonel Cadillac

Ugh, I hate the electronic E-brake.

Submariner

Quote from: Colonel Cadillac on September 20, 2010, 02:46:07 PM
Ugh, I hate the electronic E-brake.

If the car is auto only, it's fine with me, but for some illogical reason, I really dig a mechanical one in cars with manuals. 
2010 G-550  //  2019 GLS-550

sportyaccordy

Quote from: Galaxy on September 20, 2010, 12:38:18 PM
It looks unfinished. I need to see it in a color w/some hue and different wheels.

It doesn't look like a BMW though.