No
9 (42.9%)
It's possible
4 (19%)
A certain model (please specify)
6 (28.6%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Submariner

For the sake of this poll, let's include Jeep and Dodge (Ram included)

Go.
2010 G-550  //  2019 GLS-550

the Teuton

The Ram, Wrangler, Grand Cherokee, and Viper are fantastic. The Challenger and other LX cars are looking to be competitive products. The minivans are nice when spec'd out.

I know they have the same bailout issues as GM (notice my poll was just limited to Chevy), but some of Chrysler's products are really kinda cool. A lot of them suck though.

So I voted yes.
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

3.0L V6

Assuming this is my own money I'm playing with:

No. I don't need a four-wheel drive offroad vehicle or pickup, so any Jeep or Ram is out of the equation. Chrysler doesn't make anything that appeals to me (sorry, a Sebring, 300 or Town and Country minivan just don't do it for me) and the only thing Dodge might offer me is Challenger, but that only appeals on styling merits alone.

Chrysler Corp. simply lacks a competitive entry in the vehicle niche I want: a compact, front-drive, standard-shift 2 or 4 door vehicle that can be reasonably powerful (say 200hp), handles pretty well, is reasonably practical and will require a minimal amount of repair/maintenance.

93JC

Nope. I don't care for any of them save the Wrangler, and I really like it, but even then I wouldn't buy one. I don't think the company will survive to the end of the decade, and even if it does I don't expect them to support a lot of their current products parts-wise.

dazzleman

I toyed with the idea of getting a Wrangler as a summer/beach type car, but it's unlikely I actually will at any point.
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!

93JC

You should get something older and shittier. Get a CJ-5 and offend the sensibilities of your blueblood neighbours.l

Raza

Nope.  I like the Wrangler four door and the Challenger, but I don't see any scenarios where I actually buy either. 
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

68_427

Quote from: 93JC on September 25, 2010, 09:11:02 PM
You should get something older and shittier. Get a CJ-5 and offend the sensibilities of your blueblood neighbours.l

Lifted Bronco with a 351.
Quotewhere were you when automotive dream died
i was sat at home drinking brake fluid when wife ring
'racecar is die'
no

sportyaccordy

If I might borrow a smiley from another board,

the Teuton

Quote from: sportyaccordy on September 25, 2010, 09:22:26 PM
If I might borrow a smiley from another board,

Apparently, some of us have met Dave in person and couldn't fathom him driving something other than a premium luxury sports sedan.

That said, I think he should get a Z4.
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

2o6

Maybe some of the Chrysler-Fiats. The Chrysler Delta looks awesome.

Mustangfan2003

I'd take a Wrangler, Grand Cherokee, or the new Charger. 

sportyaccordy

Quote from: the Teuton on September 25, 2010, 09:27:41 PM
Apparently, some of us have met Dave in person and couldn't fathom him driving something other than a premium luxury sports sedan.

That said, I think he should get a Z4.
Big GT. 6 series. Aston Martin. Jag XK. Do it Dave!!!

the Teuton

Quote from: sportyaccordy on September 25, 2010, 10:11:04 PM
Big GT. 6 series. Aston Martin. Jag XK. Do it Dave!!!

XKs depreciate like mofos, and they're sexy as hell. Do it, Dave. Give in to your midlife crisis. Join the darkside, Dave, and together we shall rule the galaxy!

The other intern at SAE got to take home a 510 hp XKR convertible for a night because she did the press car arrangements. It made me a little jealous.

Laconian

The only one that's worth even considering is the Challenger in R/T or SRT-8 guise. It may not handle very well, but I love the way they look, and having some bite to match the visual bark would be so awesome.
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

hotrodalex

Quote from: Mustangfan2003 on September 25, 2010, 09:48:08 PM
I'd take a Wrangler, Grand Cherokee Challenger, or the new Charger.  

edit: forgot Viper.

Onslaught

Mustangfan2003

No Alex I would never consider a Challenger. 

hotrodalex

Quote from: Mustangfan2003 on September 25, 2010, 11:27:43 PM
No Alex I would never consider a Challenger. 

Heh I was just lazy and used your answer as mine. Had to change that part, though.

SVT666

Viper
Challenger R/T
Challenger SRT-8
Ram Trucks
2011 Durango
2011 Grand Cherokee
Wrangler

Nothing else

goldenlover1101

Chrysler in general has a pretty awful lineup IMO. THey don't currently offer one product I can think of that is appealing to me.

Jeep is good but needs some work. The Wrangler is amazing. The Compass is shit. The Patriot is decent but behind its class competitors in most areas except offroad ability. The New Cherokee looks excellent.

Ram makes some good trucks. I prefer the F150, but can appreciate the appeal of the Ram. The Challenger is gorgeous but overall a much inferior tcar to the Mustang & Camaro for my needs.

So, I think my answer is NO

Viper is sex (although I prefer the Vette)

"The more people I meet the more I like my dog."

Atomic

Quote from: the Teuton on September 25, 2010, 06:05:25 PM
The Ram, Wrangler, Grand Cherokee, and Viper are fantastic. The Challenger and other LX cars are looking to be competitive products. The minivans are nice when spec'd out.

I know they have the same bailout issues as GM (notice my poll was just limited to Chevy), but some of Chrysler's products are really kinda cool. A lot of them suck though.

So I voted yes.
:hesaid: i agree with the above, but choose "special product". the cars/trucks: '11 (or '12) chrysler 300c, '11 dodge charger r/t, challenger r/t or srt-8, viper (next generation or current edition, new), '11 jeep grand cherokee limited or overland, '11 minivan (if i had children), '11 wranger unlimited (with improved interior) or ram longhorn edition.

MrH

Only thing I really like from Chrysler:

Viper
New Cherokee
New Ram

But none of those are even on the radar for possible cars in the next ten years.  I'd have a hard time supporting a company that took federal bailout money too.  I think people underrate how important of a factor that is to a lot of older customers.  I think that's a small reason for Ford's success.  My dad didn't even look at GM or Chrysler when buying a new half ton because of it, and ended up with a new F150.
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

Previous: '02 Mazda Protege5, '08 Mazda Miata, '05 Toyota Tacoma, '09 Honda Element, '13 Subaru BRZ, '14 Hyundai Genesis R-Spec 5.0, '15 Toyota 4Runner SR5, '18 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0t, '01 Honda S2000, '20 Subaru Outback XT, '23 Chevy Bolt EUV

Atomic

i forgot one! the new upcoming dodge durango looks promising, especially experiencing the incredible '11 jgc.

Payman

Challenger R/T. Great looks, great engine/6 speed manual, and it's the top car in the Consumer's Digest owner's satisfaction survey. As well, if I were in the market for a full-sized truck, it would be the Ram.

Northlands

Challenger R/T or a Ram. Maybe a Charger, but I've yet to drive one so that's iffy.

- " It's like a petting zoo, but for computers." -  my wife's take on the Apple Store.
2013 Hyundai Accent GLS / 2015 Hyundai Sonata GLS

NomisR

giant_mtb

Gotta-Qik-C7

I can't afford a new Viper and I wouldn't purchase a Challenger over a Camaro (Same goes for the Ram vs. Sierra) so I vote no.
2014 C7 Vert, 2002 Silverado, 2005 Road Glide

omicron

Definitely a V8 Challenger or 300C. To hell with value/handling/sense - they look so pretty and sound like steak should. :wub: