Yes, yes it is.
1 (4.8%)
Borderline.
5 (23.8%)
F*ck no!
15 (71.4%)

Total Members Voted: 17

mazda6er

Well, I was watching the TV show "Two and a Half Men" the other night, and Alan bought a Boxster. Throughout the show, there where a lot of jokes about it being a chick car. I found it odd that they would choose the Boxster to make fun of, since I, personally, have never thought of it as a chick car in any way. Perhaps CBS is just dumb, but I'm curious of your thoughts on this anyway.  I picked F*ck no!  :lol:  
--Mark
Quote from: R-inge on March 26, 2007, 06:26:46 PMMy dad used to rent Samurai.  He loves them good.

Co-President of the I Fought the Tree and the Tree Won Club | Official Spokesman of the"I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club
I had myself fooled into needing you, did I fool you too? -- Barenaked Ladies | Say it ain't so...your drug is a heart breaker -- Weezer

Raza

I saw that episode as well.  

I understand the perception, but it is way off.  It is a "chick" car because it is a good looking convertible, much like the Miata.  But the fact that it appeals to females doesn't mean it's a chick car, unless it's an automatic.  

Going by those standards, then the 3 series, G35, E class, 5 series, A4, and several others are chick cars as well.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Champ

I see mostly men driving this car?  Maybe they are just all gay.  But probably not.  F*ck No!

TBR

Nope, besides, towards the end of the episode Charlie tells the kid (can't remember his name) that he was just giving Alan a hard time and that the Boxster really wasn't a chick car.

JYODER240

I would rate it inbetween F*ck No! and Borderline. I certainly don't see it as a chick car but I can see where some might feel that way. Especially after seeing Legally Blond (not by choice).
/////////////////////////
Quit living as if the purpose of life is to arrive safely at death

*President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club*

Run Away

I'm a lesbian, so it doesn't matter either way.

mazda6er

QuoteI'm a lesbian, so it doesn't matter either way.
A lesbian named Ben?  <_<  
--Mark
Quote from: R-inge on March 26, 2007, 06:26:46 PMMy dad used to rent Samurai.  He loves them good.

Co-President of the I Fought the Tree and the Tree Won Club | Official Spokesman of the"I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club
I had myself fooled into needing you, did I fool you too? -- Barenaked Ladies | Say it ain't so...your drug is a heart breaker -- Weezer

Run Away

That's me.

mazda6er

That's me.
Well, ok then.  :rockon:  
--Mark

mazda6er

Hey, who said it's a chick car?
--Mark

Laconian

That's me.
Well, ok then.  :rockon:
Bennifer, maybe.

Maybe the 2.5L engine would make it more of a secretary car, but still, "chick cars" like the Miata, Cougar, V6 Mustang, etc. are half the price of a Boxster.

They should've put a New Beetle in there instead, with a nice big pink plastic flower crammed in the vase.
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

Tom

QuoteV6 Mustang
Nah, just the auto.

Run Away

05 Mustang V6s are borderline chick cars, all other V6 Mustangs are chick cars, regardless of tranny. Especially converts.

I have a friend with a '94 Mustang Convert V6 auto. His dad is an autobody technician, and he gave it a beautiful two tone white bottom/blood red top with a gold stripe seperating the two and gold flake all over.
Gorgeous paint job, ruined by a lame looking flame comming from the front wheels. I hate it.

It's also got these lame 15" wheels that I though came from an Alero at first.

280Z Turbo

Who cares. That show sucks, except for Charlie Sheen. I can't stand dorky, lame guy TV shows. (Yes, Dear, Two and a Half Men, Full House, etc.)

I say no.

BMWDave

Its not a chick car, I see mostly men driving them.  The women all drive tiptronics.

2007 Honda S2000
OEM Hardtop, Rick's Ti Shift Knob, 17" Volk LE37ts coming soon...

Catman

You're a lesbian too?  Well, I'll be............

Laconian

That's not a 240DL in your sig.
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

Run Away

Most lesbians don't have cars, I'm an exception.

TBR

QuoteWho cares. That show sucks, except for Charlie Sheen. I can't stand dorky, lame guy TV shows. (Yes, Dear, Two and a Half Men, Full House, etc.)

I say no.
Yes Dear is definitely dorky, but I don't think the same applies to Two and a Half Men.

Raghavan

QuoteHey, who said it's a chick car?
Me. :lol:

mazda6er

QuoteWho cares. That show sucks, except for Charlie Sheen. I can't stand dorky, lame guy TV shows. (Yes, Dear, Two and a Half Men, Full House, etc.)

I say no.
Yes Dear is definitely dorky, but I don't think the same applies to Two and a Half Men.
Yeah, I don't know what 280Z is talking about.  If Charlie's character on Two and a Half Men is a dork then sign me up. Last time I checked being a dork didn't include banging random hot chicks at will.  :lol:  
--Mark

mazda6er

So you're telling me that if a Porsche Boxster dropped out of the sky at your feet and Jesus Christ himself handed you the keys, you'd be like "Nah dude, I'm alright. You keep it."
--Mark

ifcar

Only a 1985 Corolla is good enough for him.  

Raghavan

So you're telling me that if a Porsche Boxster dropped out of the sky at your feet and Jesus Christ himself handed you the keys, you'd be like "Nah dude, I'm alright. You keep it."
Yeah, i'm not Christian.
Seriously, even though it performs so well, it looks a bit cute...

Raghavan

QuoteOnly a 1985 Corolla is good enough for him.
I'd take an Exige over a Corolla any day. :praise:  

thewizard16

I see mostly women driving the Boxster around here (maybe I'm crazy and they're just feminine men, but I don't think so) but I really don't think of the Boxster as a chick car.
92 Camry XLE V6(Murdered)
99 ES 300 (Sold)
2008 Volkswagen Passat(Did not survive the winter)
2015 Lexus GS350 F-Sport

Quote from: Raza  link=topic=27909.msg1787179#msg1787179 date=1349117110
You're my age.  We're getting old.  Plus, now that you're married, your life expectancy has gone way down, since you're more likely to be poisoned by your wife.

mazda6er

Yeah, i'm not Christian.
Seriously, even though it performs so well, it looks a bit cute...
Yeah, I knew you weren't I just forgot what your God's name is, so I didn't want to put the wrong one in there.  :(  
--Mark

Tom

I kind of agree with Rag on chickly appearance, but performance is a whole different issue.  Even if it is cute and cuddely, the Boxter is a timeless, beautiful design regardless of year.

280Z Turbo

I say no.
Yeah, I don't know what 280Z is talking about.  If Charlie's character on Two and a Half Men is a dork then sign me up. Last time I checked being a dork didn't include banging random hot chicks at will.  :lol:
Read it again. I said except for Charlie Sheen. He's the only good part of the show.