Yet Another Stunner from Buick, the 2012 Verano with Teaser Photo!

Started by Atomic, October 09, 2010, 06:27:31 PM

Atomic

odd name (ironically, or not, it rhymes with murano, as in nissan) and i was not thrilled to learn of an even smaller buick, but it looks fantastic from the glimpse shown. buick is winning me over, even with a compact smaller than the chevrolet cruze cousin allegedly being introduced, too. now, bring us a large RWD V8 with an AWD optional large sedan (to fit between a lesser chevrolet and greater caddy version) and call it electrica. 

FlatBlackCaddy

Maybe it's just me but I don't like buicks recent infusion of opels.

It's not that I don't like opels, I just don't want to buy buick versions of them.

I had a similar opinion of the holden/pontiac mashup. If you want to sell me holdens, then sell holdens. IF you want to sell me opels, just sell me opels. I don't want a "filter" between the proper product(eu market opels, au market holdens) and what we get as buick's/pontiac's.

MX793

Quote from: FlatBlackCaddy on October 09, 2010, 06:42:16 PM
Maybe it's just me but I don't like buicks recent infusion of opels.

It's not that I don't like opels, I just don't want to buy buick versions of them.

I had a similar opinion of the holden/pontiac mashup. If you want to sell me holdens, then sell holdens. IF you want to sell me opels, just sell me opels. I don't want a "filter" between the proper product(eu market opels, au market holdens) and what we get as buick's/pontiac's.

This isn't an Opel rebadge like the Regal.  It rides on GM's global small car platform (along with the Astra and Cruze) and will be an Americanized version of a Chinese market Buick.
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

Atomic

^ 2o6, is that it or the chevy cruze cousin visiting from europe?

MX793

Quote from: Atomic on October 10, 2010, 07:31:25 AM
^ 2o6, is that it or the chevy cruze cousin visiting from europe?

That's a Chinese market Buick Excelle (note the license plate), which will be sold in the US as the Verano.  To my knowledge, Europe does not get this car.  Europe gets the Astra, which IIRC, is hatchback-only.
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

Atomic

Quote from: MX793 on October 10, 2010, 08:49:22 AM
That's a Chinese market Buick Excelle (note the license plate), which will be sold in the US as the Verano.  To my knowledge, Europe does not get this car.  Europe gets the Astra, which IIRC, is hatchback-only.
i like the teaser photo's portholes on the hood - obviously meant for the north america market, where many may remember such signature signs of the buick brand here in the u.s. at first, i was not keen on the idea of these "distractions" on today's offerings, but they are surprisingly tasteful and not overbearing.

MX793

Quote from: Atomic on October 10, 2010, 09:06:55 AM
i like the teaser photo's portholes on the hood - obviously meant for the north america market, where many may remember such signature signs of the buick brand here in the u.s. at first, i was not keen on the idea of these "distractions" on today's offerings, but they are surprisingly tasteful and not overbearing.

The Chinese version also has the portholes.
Needs more Jiggawatts

Atomic

Quote from: MX793 on October 10, 2010, 09:20:05 AM
The Chinese version also has the portholes.
more subtle than i thought. lol. cannot distinguish them on the silver model pictured (above).... wondering why the glimpse from buick america if the vehicle is already being produced. thoughts? are you certain the car mentioned is not slotted below this model and we can expect two models from buick smaller than the midsize regal?

Vinsanity

so what's this going to compete with? Jetta? Mazda 3?

Suzuki Kizashi? There's plenty of those on the road...oh, wait...

2o6

Quote from: Vinsanity on October 11, 2010, 05:12:08 PM
so what's this going to compete with? Jetta? Mazda 3?

Suzuki Kizashi? There's plenty of those on the road...oh, wait...

Jetta, S40, Kisazhi (which actually is doing pretty well, IIRC), Acura CSX.

CJ

The Kizashi isn't doing so hot, I'm lead to believe.  I've seen 3 on the street.

2o6

Quote from: CJ on October 11, 2010, 05:21:06 PM
The Kizashi isn't doing so hot, I'm lead to believe.  I've seen 3 on the street.

I've seen a lot around, and the nearest Suzuki Dealer is a bit of a trek.

Mustangfan2003

Suzuki will likely bow out of America pretty soon.  You have to go on a long journey to the nearest dealer and that would suck for service. 

2o6

Quote from: Mustangfan2003 on October 11, 2010, 05:44:13 PM
Suzuki will likely bow out of America pretty soon.  You have to go on a long journey to the nearest dealer and that would suck for service. 

Suzuki is doing better than Mitsubishi.

Xer0

Quote from: Mustangfan2003 on October 11, 2010, 05:44:13 PM

If Suzuki bows out before I have a chance to buy a Kizashi I will be very very sad.

Secret Chimp

I don't really like the new direction of GM styling. They make nice-looking projector headlights and then thrown them on some bulbous thing with creases in it.

Quote from: BENZ BOY15 on January 02, 2014, 02:40:13 PM
That's a great local brewery that we have. Do I drink their beer? No.

Tave

Quote from: CJ on October 11, 2010, 05:21:06 PM

Are you saying that you don't think it's doing very well because you personally have only noticed 3 in your area?
As I write, highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me.

Quote from: thecarnut on March 16, 2008, 10:33:43 AM
Depending on price, that could be a good deal.